On Michele Bachmann’s Must-Read List: Book On Robert E. Lee That Defends Slavery

So what's wrong with reading a book that promotes slavery?

I read Mien Kampf or as much as I could stomach. I didn't agree with anything said. But sometimes reading opposing viewpoints is a good thing. Helps you understand others and how things can get corrupted so quickly.

I read a book by Alan Colmes once too.

On Michele Bachmann’s Must-Read List: Book On Robert E. Lee That Defends Slavery

After signing a pledge, part of which asserts that blacks were better off under slavery, we find out that on her “must-read” list is Call of Duty: The Sterling Nobility of Robert E. Lee, which includes this passage:

Slavery, as it operated in the pervasively Christian society which was the old South, was not an adversarial relationship founded on racial animosity. In fact, it bred on the whole, not contempt, but, over time, mutual respect. This produced a mutual esteem of the sort that always results when men give themselves to a common cause.

The credit for this startling reality must go to the Christian faith.

So, does Michele Bachmann agree with this and if so, is it based on her religious beliefs?
In related news, retarded leftists shit their pants at the thought of a Bachmann presidency.

After signing a pledge, part of which asserts that blacks were better off under slavery, we find out that on her “must-read” list is Call of Duty: The Sterling Nobility of Robert E. Lee, which includes this passage:

Slavery, as it operated in the pervasively Christian society which was the old South, was not an adversarial relationship founded on racial animosity. In fact, it bred on the whole, not contempt, but, over time, mutual respect. This produced a mutual esteem of the sort that always results when men give themselves to a common cause.

So, does Michele Bachmann agree with this and if so, is it based on her religious beliefs?

Did you bother to read the book, or even the chapter, that quote came from? If you did you would learn it is not actually defending slavery, it is pointing out that the culture of the antebellum South was far more complex than your little mind can comprehend.

Obviously you've never heard the saying about people "who don't study history"?

And you fucks are the smart ones.... yeah, right.

Start the book burnings!!!!

:lol:

demhistorycopy9ti.jpg

Yet another Michelle Bachmann thread ?

Dear God.

Why so much bigoted hate for women by you people.
Find me one post in this entire site that criticizes Bachmann solely because she's a woman....you won't find it I bet.

She's criticized because she's a brainless twerp like Palin, not because she's a woman.

If you have a problem with brainless twerps why don't you criticize Obama?

Using the 'logic' of Synthia.

Barak Obama read William Ayers book 'A kind and just parent'. Bill Ayers is a domestic terrorist. Therefore Barak Obama is a supporter of domestic terrorism.

*Bows and leaves the thread*

Bill Ayers is still a terrorist? Do tell.

Is Pope Ratzinger still a Nazi?

If I recall, the Pope did renounce and denouce nazism.

I have no recallection of Ayers doing the same. do you?

''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.''

Did you bother to read the book, or even the chapter, that quote came from? If you did you would learn it is not actually defending slavery, it is pointing out that the culture of the antebellum South was far more complex than your little mind can comprehend.
Of course he didn't read it. He's mindlessly parroting today's talking point, just like usual.

good grief, the trolls on this board are getting desperately pathetic and boring.

"After explaining the “cruelty and barbarism” of “pagan” Africa, he goes on:

"The fact was (and is) easily demonstrable that, taken as a whole, there is no question that blacks in this country, slavery notwithstanding, were “immeasurably better off” in nearly every way [than they were in Africa].

slave-kids.jpg

In Lee’s view, however, emancipation could only be accomplished successfully if it was gradual. Time was needed for the sanctifying effects of Christianity to work on the black race and fit its people for freedom."

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

I read Mien Kampf or as much as I could stomach. I didn't agree with anything said. But sometimes reading opposing viewpoints is a good thing. Helps you understand others and how things can get corrupted so quickly.

She signed a statement that claimed black people were better off as slaves. That's what is wrong with it.

She signed a statement that claimed black people were better off as slaves. That's what is wrong with it.

I get the feeling she was referring to them as a family.. You can't change the facts.. That being most black are fatherless and the siblings are from who the hell knows.
I could go on but I won't.. I will seem racist and I'm not. Just stating plain facts thus far.
And Ravi, Why are you so liberal? Is it the social or physical side or both you agree with?

Blues

I get the feeling she was referring to them as a family.. You can't change the facts.. That being most black are fatherless and the siblings are from who the hell knows.
I could go on but I won't.. I will seem racist and I'm not. Just stating plain facts thus far.
And Ravi, Why are you so liberal? Is it the social or physical side or both you agree with?

Blues

Right! Ripping apart slave families so they would be cowed into submission was much better than anything, evah! Except getting raped by the master, now that was like heaven on earth.

:thup:

''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.''
Wow, talk about lying. You should get an award.

Ravi that is a direct quote from Bill Ayers, you are in denial.

No Regrets for a Love Of Explosives - In a Memoir of Sorts, a War Protester Talks of Life With the Weathermen - NYTimes.com

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=2169

Wow, talk about lying. You should get an award.

why? he said it. it was published in the ny times.

of course, now he says it was taken out of context, but as we all know, context doesn't matter.

i guess ayers' past has become a tar baby.

tant pis

Forum List

Back