CDZ On Medicare For All From A Ford Retiree

Status
Not open for further replies.

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
When I first hired in, all medical care was completely paid for by Ford. Within a couple of years that changed. First came a small medical insurance monthly premium. Ford said we needed to ‘have some skin in the game’ and that it was only fair that we contribute a portion of the costs. Shortly after came the deductibles, co-pays, annual max out-of-pocket costs, coinsurance, the out-of-network gotchas, etc, etc. By the time I retired, the total annual cost for me and my wife, including premiums and assuming one reaches the max out-of-pocket cost came to about $7,500. Being in our 60’s when people are more likely to need medical care, we spent that whole amount last year.

On Medicare For All From a Ford Retiree

So when they didn’t have to pay anything why didn’t they put some money aside for the oft chance they may one day need it.

I noticed the same thing working for Intel. Coverage started off free then gradually became more and more expensive over the years.

Other industrialized countries provide universal healthcare, and their businesses aren't stuck with healthcare costs. Makes it easier for them to compete on the global marketplace. This is also good for workers as they aren't stuck in a job they hate but can't leave because of medical benefits.

When I first hired in, all medical care was completely paid for by Ford. Within a couple of years that changed. First came a small medical insurance monthly premium. Ford said we needed to ‘have some skin in the game’ and that it was only fair that we contribute a portion of the costs. Shortly after came the deductibles, co-pays, annual max out-of-pocket costs, coinsurance, the out-of-network gotchas, etc, etc. By the time I retired, the total annual cost for me and my wife, including premiums and assuming one reaches the max out-of-pocket cost came to about $7,500. Being in our 60’s when people are more likely to need medical care, we spent that whole amount last year.

On Medicare For All From a Ford Retiree

You can buy an Obamacare Bronze plan and get the same coverage.

Ain't it great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back