On "Mandatory Evacuations".....

As a limited government conservative I don't believe the government has any right to forcibly remove you from your home, no matter how sensible it may be to leave, due to an oncoming hurricane, wildfire, flooding, etc.

However.

If you choose to stay despite being given every warning and, if need be, every provision to leave, then you do not have the right to put first responders at risk when things go bad. If you are under a mandatory evacuation order and you do not evacuate, you on your own. No 911 calls. No ambulance rescues. No fire or police services. You should assume all risk and all responsibility for sustaining your own life and the lives of your family.

What say you?
The federal government has no credibility at all on anything… They cannot be trusted

unemployed, uneducated trumpkins never had a real job so don't know how they're gotten or how one keeps them or how hard one works when you have them. but he and his little braindead trumpkin friends keep saying the same garbage over and over.... and over and over. no matter how bizarre they sound to normal people

that's why they're stupid little trumpkins
i dont know how it is in the other agencies,but in the PO you have to pass the CST no matter who you know...

There is a test for the post office but it is NOT a civil service test. I took it a few months back.
then they changed it.....when i took it in 78 it took about 2-3 hours to do....
You know they lie about everything, right?
well the so called Admiral says it isnt a Civil Service Exam....when i asked on my PO's site they said all the PO did was change its name to the 473 Postal Exam and cut its length down some...they changed its name because in 1983 they changed over from The Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) to the Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS).....the people who were hired before 83 were the last CSR Employees,after that they were FERS....so they changed the name of their "civil service" exam to reflect that change....they no longer have 1 civil service exam for all federal agencies,now each agency has their own exam to fit their particular needs....but in all respects its still a Civil Service Exam that you have to take and pass with a certain percentage....

Why would the civil service exam have questions that are ONLY applicable to the Post Office? I'm sorry, but I took the exam and it would not make any sense for anyone other than a postal employee to take it!

unemployed, uneducated trumpkins never had a real job so don't know how they're gotten or how one keeps them or how hard one works when you have them. but he and his little braindead trumpkin friends keep saying the same garbage over and over.... and over and over. no matter how bizarre they sound to normal people

that's why they're stupid little trumpkins
i dont know how it is in the other agencies,but in the PO you have to pass the CST no matter who you know...

There is a test for the post office but it is NOT a civil service test. I took it a few months back.

Yeah, why would anyone think that nothing had changed in 40 years? Dumbass!
because its the Post Office dumbass.....and if you took it and passed it,they must have dumbed it down....

How many college degrees do you have, asshole? You were probably rejected for the military because you scored a Cat 5 on the ASVAB!

You are just pissed because you relied on your experience from 40 years ago and were proven wrong. Stop being a dick and get back on topic!

As a limited government conservative I don't believe the government has any right to forcibly remove you from your home, no matter how sensible it may be to leave, due to an oncoming hurricane, wildfire, flooding, etc.

However.

If you choose to stay despite being given every warning and, if need be, every provision to leave, then you do not have the right to put first responders at risk when things go bad. If you are under a mandatory evacuation order and you do not evacuate, you on your own. No 911 calls. No ambulance rescues. No fire or police services. You should assume all risk and all responsibility for sustaining your own life and the lives of your family.

What say you?
The old Guy who said he was not going anywhere when Mt Hood blew up stayed and he is still there.

However.

What say you?
The old Guy who said he was not going anywhere when Mt Hood blew up stayed and he is still there.

Mount St. Helens is what I believe you meant to say.

well the so called Admiral says it isnt a Civil Service Exam....when i asked on my PO's site they said all the PO did was change its name to the 473 Postal Exam and cut its length down some...they changed its name because in 1983 they changed over from The Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) to the Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS).....the people who were hired before 83 were the last CSR Employees,after that they were FERS....so they changed the name of their "civil service" exam to reflect that change....they no longer have 1 civil service exam for all federal agencies,now each agency has their own exam to fit their particular needs....but in all respects its still a Civil Service Exam that you have to take and pass with a certain percentage....

Why would the civil service exam have questions that are ONLY applicable to the Post Office? I'm sorry, but I took the exam and it would not make any sense for anyone other than a postal employee to take it!
you dont read to well do you captain?....try reading it again and it will all be clear to you....if you need help let me know....

because its the Post Office dumbass.....and if you took it and passed it,they must have dumbed it down....

How many college degrees do you have, asshole? You were probably rejected for the military because you scored a Cat 5 on the ASVAB!

You are just pissed because you relied on your experience from 40 years ago and were proven wrong. Stop being a dick and get back on topic!
and i also explained to your stupid ass why its no longer like it was 40 years ago.....why dont you stop being a dick and get back on topic....and if you are so well educated why the fuck would you want to work in the PO?...

you dont read to well do you captain?....try reading it again and it will all be clear to you....if you need help let me know....

You try reading it again!

This is what you said:

"but in all respects its still a Civil Service Exam that you have to take and pass with a certain percentage...."

I already told you that the exam is specific to the postal service. It has not a damn thing to do with being a Civil Service Exam. Are all postal employees as incapable of reading like you? Is that why I keep getting other people's mail?

and i also explained to your stupid ass why its no longer like it was 40 years ago.....why dont you stop being a dick and get back on topic....and if you are so well educated why the fuck would you want to work in the PO?...

I am a retired teacher! Teaching youngsters to actually think while being stabbed in the back by school administrators and legislators alike, I had enough! I now work for a defense contractor, and I not have any stress to take home with me every day. BTW, I did pass the test and got calls to work for them many times, but I can't afford to buy a new vehicle since my new SUV is not suited for delivering mail.

This is what you said:

"but in all respects its still a Civil Service Exam that you have to take and pass with a certain percentage...."

I already told you that the exam is specific to the postal service. It has not a damn thing to do with being a Civil Service Exam. Are all postal employees as incapable of reading like you? Is that why I keep getting other people's mail?
read this commander.....
U.S. Postal Service job applicants take a civil service exam, known as Test 473.
Jobs That Require the Civil Service Exam

This is what you said:

read this commander.....
U.S. Postal Service job applicants take a civil service exam, known as Test 473.

https://work.chron.com/jobs-require-civil-service-exam-17415.html....if you need more let me know....

Bad link. That what happens when you post out of date shit!

This is what you said:

read this commander.....

https://work.chron.com/jobs-require-civil-service-exam-17415.html....if you need more let me know....

works for me....and it is dated june 2018....here is one from the PO site.....

Civil Service Exams
Page updated 8/3/2018

Civil Service Exams | Civil Service Jobs | Federal Civil Service Tests

Civil service exams are required for certain groups including foreign service officers, customs, some secretarial and clerical, air traffic control, law enforcement, postal service, and for some entry level government jobs. The majority — approximately 80% — of federal government jobs are filled through a competitive examination of your background, work experience, and education, not through a written civil service test. It is important to read the job announcement thoroughly to determine if a civil service exam, self certification, or a skill is necessary.

Civil Service Exam Requirements | Civil Service Job Requirements

This is what you said:

read this commander.....

Civil Service Exams
Page updated 8/3/2018

Civil service exams are required for certain groups including foreign service officers, customs, some secretarial and clerical, air traffic control, law enforcement, postal service, and for some entry level government jobs. The majority — approximately 80% — of federal government jobs are filled through a competitive examination of your background, work experience, and education, not through a written civil service test. It is important to read the job announcement thoroughly to determine if a civil service exam, self certification, or a skill is necessary.

The words "Civil Service Exam" are never mentioned in conjunction with that test. Have a nice day!

Look at this link and find the words "civil service". Good luck! It isn't there!

Publication 60-A - Test 473 Orientation Guide for Major Entry-Level Jobs

I think you can stop beating this dead horse. You were wrong, and continue to dig deeper and deeper with each post. What you thought you knew 40 years ago has changed. You admitted that much. Place Elsa and let it go!

This is what you said:

read this commander.....

Civil Service Exams
Page updated 8/3/2018

The words "Civil Service Exam" are never mentioned in conjunction with that test. Have a nice day!

Look at this link and find the words "civil service". Good luck! It isn't there!

I think you can stop beating this dead horse. You were wrong, and continue to dig deeper and deeper with each post. What you thought you knew 40 years ago has changed. You admitted that much. Place Elsa and let it go!
you are just to stupid to realize that each agency now has their own type of civil service exam with their own name for it,but they are still civil service exams...maybe if you are lucky enough to pass and become that janitor you are trying for you will see that they still call it a civil service exam ... so why dont you let it go...

This is what you said:

read this commander.....

Civil Service Exams
Page updated 8/3/2018

you are just to stupid to realize that each agency now has their own type of civil service exam with their own name for it,but they are still civil service exams...maybe if you are lucky enough to pass and become that janitor you are trying for you will see that they still call it a civil service exam ... so why dont you let it go...

You know if you weren't so obnoxious, I might consider doing that, but I have applied, been tested, and interviewed for many different jobs with federal state and local governments over the past decade, and the term "civil service exam" has NEVER been used. Why don't you recognize that you are older than dirt and have not kept up with the times?. THAT is the real issue here.

read this commander.....

Civil Service Exams
Page updated 8/3/2018

You know if you weren't so obnoxious, I might consider doing that, but I have applied, been tested, and interviewed for many different jobs with federal state and local governments over the past decade, and the term "civil service exam" has NEVER been used. Why don't you recognize that you are older than dirt and have not kept up with the times?. THAT is the real issue here.
im obnoxious? you should talk,i have seen some of your posts around here...you have been interviewed over the last decade many times?....so why havent you been hired?...janitor jobs been filled at all the agencies?....and i have already explained why each agencies CIVIL SERVICE exams are called by different names....but they are still CIVIL SERVICE exams....if you were not such a rumpkin you might get it....well hang in there CPO maybe they will hire you in the PO they hire many handicapped people....

Civil Service Exams
Page updated 8/3/2018

im obnoxious? you should talk,i have seen some of your posts around here...you have been interviewed over the last decade many times?....so why havent you been hired?...janitor jobs been filled at all the agencies?....and i have already explained why each agencies CIVIL SERVICE exams are called by different names....but they are still CIVIL SERVICE exams....if you were not such a rumpkin you might get it....well hang in there CPO maybe they will hire you in the PO they hire many handicapped people....

Every job in the post office here is rural carrier. I don't have 15000 to 20000 dollars to buy a car to drive. It is funny how they don't tell you that until you get offered the job.

I work as a contractor for the US Army. I make good money and enjoy it.

Civil Service Exams
Page updated 8/3/2018

Every job in the post office here is rural carrier. I don't have 15000 to 20000 dollars to buy a car to drive. It is funny how they don't tell you that until you get offered the job.

I work as a contractor for the US Army. I make good money and enjoy it.
rural carriers in OC CA drive postal vehicles....and yet some in other areas have to use their own cars,which most of us found kinda dumb since they are delivering out of the right side of the vehical....i wouldnt use my personal vehical for that,some those people put a lot of miles on daily and on many routes you would need a vehical that can hold a lot of trays of mail and parcels as well as the circulars...and unless you have a bunch of boxes clustered together,getting out of the vehical for one box can get time consuming....

New Topics

Forum List

Back