On "Mandatory Evacuations".....

The main problem is once the storm has passed the government prevents you from returning to your property until they deem it safe. There in lies the problem, you need to protect your property.

`
The constitution is not a suicide pact - If a person decides not to voluntarily move themselves from harms way, then as a people, we have no responsibly to rescue them from their stupidity.
`
That should include drug use? I say legalize all drugs.

As a limited government conservative I don't believe the government has any right to forcibly remove you from your home, no matter how sensible it may be to leave, due to an oncoming hurricane, wildfire, flooding, etc.

However.

If you choose to stay despite being given every warning and, if need be, every provision to leave, then you do not have the right to put first responders at risk when things go bad. If you are under a mandatory evacuation order and you do not evacuate, you on your own. No 911 calls. No ambulance rescues. No fire or police services. You should assume all risk and all responsibility for sustaining your own life and the lives of your family.

What say you?
We were under a severe flood watch and the city manager ordered people to leave their houses. I called him up and he couldn't conceive of the concept of private property and told me the police will remove you. I told him to go fuck himself and them called the police. The police said I had to go, and I told them I was not going and I would not allow them to take me out of my house. Bitch said fine, drown then. So I drowned.

You did drown really? That's odd, typing after a drowning. Huh.
Yes I did. The other dead people not only type but vote as well.

Well hope he has his prayer book open and ready to use.

Florence might well be a Cat 5 before it hits. Right now it looks to hit Myrtle Beach. Hope some of those wealthy people who live there have left.

This looks to be one bad hurricane with flooding and storm surge.

Not a good place to be my friends.

As a limited government conservative I don't believe the government has any right to forcibly remove you from your home, no matter how sensible it may be to leave, due to an oncoming hurricane, wildfire, flooding, etc.

However.

If you choose to stay despite being given every warning and, if need be, every provision to leave, then you do not have the right to put first responders at risk when things go bad. If you are under a mandatory evacuation order and you do not evacuate, you on your own. No 911 calls. No ambulance rescues. No fire or police services. You should assume all risk and all responsibility for sustaining your own life and the lives of your family.

What say you?

Works for me. When I was ordered to evacuate last year due to a looming forest fire, I left. I personally appreciate remaining alive, but hey, perhaps it's not for everyone. Had I stayed, I would have enjoyed 4 days without electricity (I could run the generator until the gas ran out, but then there was no place selling gas) or running water.

`
The constitution is not a suicide pact - If a person decides not to voluntarily move themselves from harms way, then as a people, we have no responsibly to rescue them from their stupidity.
`

I agree when it comes to able bodied people, but many lack the ability and/or the resources to get out of harms way.

I agree when it comes to able bodied people, but many lack the ability and/or the resources to get out of harms way.
`
We are talking about able-bodied people who refuse to leave, not disabled or elderly who cannot leave by themselves, like what happened in Florida.
`

However.

What say you?
You don’t have the right to endanger emergency responders .....which is what happens when whiny, childish, imbeciles don’t want to evacuate because “ the gubmint”

Amazing how stupid wingnuts have become.
--------------------------------------------- they are nothing more then volunteer 'public employees , public Servants paid by taxpayers and everyone of them begged for their taxpayer paid jobs . That being said , none of them should put their lives in danger rescuing ME Jillian .
i worked in the govt and dont know anyone who begged for the job....they went down and took the CST like everyone else....did the far right put that idea in your head Pismo?....

However.

What say you?

That's all fine unless the person is making decisions on behalf of kids or disabled. Not to mention it would be impossible to know who decided to stay and who got caught trying to leave. Plus, there's the whole looting thing. I say mandatory evac for all.
and mandatory shootings of looters....

accepting a taxpayer paid employees advice is one thing but these tax payer paid public servants ORDERING their Bosses about is not correct or acceptable Fang .
if your house is on fire,do the firefighters have to wait and get you, the bosses permission,to start putting it out pismo?...

However.

What say you?
You don’t have the right to endanger emergency responders .....which is what happens when whiny, childish, imbeciles don’t want to evacuate because “ the gubmint”

--------------------------------------------- they are nothing more then volunteer 'public employees , public Servants paid by taxpayers and everyone of them begged for their taxpayer paid jobs . That being said , none of them should put their lives in danger rescuing ME Jillian .
i worked in the govt and dont know anyone who begged for the job....they went down and took the CST like everyone else....did the far right put that idea in your head Pismo?....

unemployed, uneducated trumpkins never had a real job so don't know how they're gotten or how one keeps them or how hard one works when you have them. but he and his little braindead trumpkin friends keep saying the same garbage over and over.... and over and over. no matter how bizarre they sound to normal people

that's why they're stupid little trumpkins

accepting a taxpayer paid employees advice is one thing but these tax payer paid public servants ORDERING their Bosses about is not correct or acceptable Fang .
if your house is on fire,do the firefighters have to wait and get you, the bosses permission,to start putting it out pismo?...
--------------------- We pay you public servants and its my opinion that you are paid too well and i especially don't like it when you start ordering Taxpayers about . I consider government employees to be the same as the 'kings' men of old Harry . Government people will generally do anything for the money Harry .

its mostly a matter of TRUST , i just don't trust government workers or people as a class Harry .

However.

What say you?

unemployed, uneducated trumpkins never had a real job so don't know how they're gotten or how one keeps them or how hard one works when you have them. but he and his little braindead trumpkin friends keep saying the same garbage over and over.... and over and over. no matter how bizarre they sound to normal people

i dont know how it is in the other agencies,but in the PO you have to pass the CST no matter who you know...

great response pismo....but i aint surprised....not much to say on what you cant back up.....

However.

What say you?

i dont know how it is in the other agencies,but in the PO you have to pass the CST no matter who you know...

I had to take one for every job I applied for at the City of Los Angeles, including the LAPD.

great response pismo....but i aint surprised....not much to say on what you cant back up.....
------------------------------------------ i responded with my opinion Harry . How'd this country get so fecked up without government like its Politicians and all the way down to Public School teachers that are fecking their students Harry .

Forum List

Back