On "Mandatory Evacuations".....

yeah , these Public Servants are pretty uppity especially these last 17 or so years that they are 'furst responders' . But yeah , i like the way you handled things . A little bit of America lives still because of people like You Mike .

we used to get blizzards . We all knew that the roads wouldn't be plowed and that power might go out for a few days . Personal responsibility said , make sure the firewood piles is full and that you have candles .

As a limited government conservative I don't believe the government has any right to forcibly remove you from your home, no matter how sensible it may be to leave, due to an oncoming hurricane, wildfire, flooding, etc.

However.

If you choose to stay despite being given every warning and, if need be, every provision to leave, then you do not have the right to put first responders at risk when things go bad. If you are under a mandatory evacuation order and you do not evacuate, you on your own. No 911 calls. No ambulance rescues. No fire or police services. You should assume all risk and all responsibility for sustaining your own life and the lives of your family.

What say you?
You don’t have the right to endanger emergency responders .....which is what happens when whiny, childish, imbeciles don’t want to evacuate because “ the gubmint”

Amazing how stupid wingnuts have become.
------------------------------------- you like being herded around with all important decisions being made by your bosses and betters eh SUBJECT Jillian ??
Poor ignoramous.

You aren’t smart enough to tie your own shoes.

And what “bosses” might that be little uneducated trumptard boy.e

yeah , these Public Servants are pretty uppity especially these last 17 or so years that they are 'furst responders' . But yeah , i like the way you handled things . A little bit of America lives still because of people like You Mike .
------------------------------------------ here you go Jillian , i describe your Bosses in the first 3 sentences in this reply to Mike Jillian .

As a limited government conservative I don't believe the government has any right to forcibly remove you from your home, no matter how sensible it may be to leave, due to an oncoming hurricane, wildfire, flooding, etc.

However.

If you choose to stay despite being given every warning and, if need be, every provision to leave, then you do not have the right to put first responders at risk when things go bad. If you are under a mandatory evacuation order and you do not evacuate, you on your own. No 911 calls. No ambulance rescues. No fire or police services. You should assume all risk and all responsibility for sustaining your own life and the lives of your family.

What say you?
They are not forcibly removing people. They are telling you to get the hell out or face the consequences of YOUR OWN ACTIONS

but its gone further in some Hurricanes . --- --- related as it shows what can happen .

However.

What say you?
You correctly understand the nature of mandatory evacuation. There will be no rescue.

However.

What say you?
Sounds right on the money.

Outgoing traffic............and gas getting used up.........pretty soon we'll have the standard cars stuck on the roads without gas.

Buckle up..........it happens every time.

well hell my hubbys family....wont leave cause they want to take care of their houses......they have a house near asheville but are staying in the zone...idiots...they are idiots...
------------------------------- FREEDOM to do as they like . Looks like everything is working correctly SBones .

Sigh.

So much of it is just rebellion for rebellion's sake. IOW "the government told me to leave my house so now, despite all indications to the contrary, I'm just NOT GOING TO DO IT."

That's stubborn and stupid. Leave your home because it's good sense. Screw what the gov't said and just consider it the broken clock platitude.

However.

What say you?

That's all fine unless the person is making decisions on behalf of kids or disabled. Not to mention it would be impossible to know who decided to stay and who got caught trying to leave. Plus, there's the whole looting thing. I say mandatory evac for all.

You cannot force free citizens to leave their homes. You do that, even for their "safety", and they cease being free. So, nope.

kids are the Parents responsibility and disabled , if they live in MY house they oughta just shut up or let them get in their car and drive away Fang .

Category 5 hurricane headed your way and you would choose to make your kids stay with you just because you have that right. Yea, you're "the guy" I'm talking about.
-------------------------------------------- simply said , its none of your business and i don't think that i ever said what i would do but it'd be MY decision no matter what i do Fang . Kids are the Parents Responsibillty same as any 'handicapped' that are in the house Fang .

That's a grey area. I don't think it could be enforced but we do take children away from parents when there is endangerment, neglect or abuse. But again in a time-crunched situation I don't think it could be enforced.

However.

What say you?
We were under a severe flood watch and the city manager ordered people to leave their houses. I called him up and he couldn't conceive of the concept of private property and told me the police will remove you. I told him to go fuck himself and them called the police. The police said I had to go, and I told them I was not going and I would not allow them to take me out of my house. Bitch said fine, drown then. So I drowned.

You did drown really? That's odd, typing after a drowning. Huh.

However.

What say you?

Yep.

It's interesting how things have divided up on this thread. Loosely, a few liberals who are quite trusting of the gov't: basically, the gov't says you should go, you should go. And a few who are the exact opposite, the gov't says you should go, so I'm not going.

I say don't give the gov't that power either way. Don't let it make your decisions but don't be such a rebel either, to your demise.

It's interesting how things have divided up on this thread. Loosely, a few liberals who are quite trusting of the gov't: basically, the gov't says you should go, you should go. And a few who are the exact opposite, the gov't says you should go, so I'm not going.

I say don't give the gov't that power either way. Don't let it make your decisions but don't be such a rebel either, to your demise.

Exactly. Thank You.

However.

What say you?
You don’t have the right to endanger emergency responders .....which is what happens when whiny, childish, imbeciles don’t want to evacuate because “ the gubmint”

Amazing how stupid wingnuts have become.
Isn’t it cute how little pretent “libertarians” think that’s funny.

Poor little morons.

Well, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Not gonna say who...

Forum List

Back