On "Mandatory Evacuations".....

As a limited government conservative I don't believe the government has any right to forcibly remove you from your home, no matter how sensible it may be to leave, due to an oncoming hurricane, wildfire, flooding, etc.

However.

If you choose to stay despite being given every warning and, if need be, every provision to leave, then you do not have the right to put first responders at risk when things go bad. If you are under a mandatory evacuation order and you do not evacuate, you on your own. No 911 calls. No ambulance rescues. No fire or police services. You should assume all risk and all responsibility for sustaining your own life and the lives of your family.

What say you?
You don’t have the right to endanger emergency responders .....which is what happens when whiny, childish, imbeciles don’t want to evacuate because “ the gubmint”

Amazing how stupid wingnuts have become.

Though they call it a "mandatory evacuation" they will not go door to door herding people out of their homes or dragging them to their cars. It doesn't work that way and it never has. They always and often tell people that, should you choose to ignore the call for evacuation, if you find yourself in need of emergency services during the storm, they will not be able to help you.

well hell my hubbys family....wont leave cause they want to take care of their houses......they have a house near asheville but are staying in the zone...idiots...they are idiots...

As a limited government conservative I don't believe the government has any right to forcibly remove you from your home, no matter how sensible it may be to leave, due to an oncoming hurricane, wildfire, flooding, etc.

However.

If you choose to stay despite being given every warning and, if need be, every provision to leave, then you do not have the right to put first responders at risk when things go bad. If you are under a mandatory evacuation order and you do not evacuate, you on your own. No 911 calls. No ambulance rescues. No fire or police services. You should assume all risk and all responsibility for sustaining your own life and the lives of your family.

What say you?
You don’t have the right to endanger emergency responders .....which is what happens when whiny, childish, imbeciles don’t want to evacuate because “ the gubmint”

--------------------------------------------- they are nothing more then volunteer 'public employees , public Servants paid by taxpayers and everyone of them begged for their taxpayer paid jobs . That being said , none of them should put their lives in danger rescuing ME Jillian .

However.

What say you?

------------------------------------- you like being herded around with all important decisions being made by your bosses and betters eh SUBJECT Jillian ??

The relevant point being that your chosen catch phrase is nothing more than an empty platitude... Additionally it’s highly unlikely that your permission is going to be sought in regard to the use of emergency services...
`
My point is, like I care what you think? "The Constitution is not a suicide pact" is a phrase in US political and legal discourse. The phrase expresses the belief that constitutional restrictions on governmental power must be balanced against the need for survival of the state and its people.
`
Which has no bearing, or relevance to this issue... You reached into your bag, and whipped out a completely irrelevant catch phrase...

well hell my hubbys family....wont leave cause they want to take care of their houses......they have a house near asheville but are staying in the zone...idiots...they are idiots...
------------------------------- FREEDOM to do as they like . Looks like everything is working correctly SBones .

However.

What say you?

I couldn't agree more.

If you want to brave a hurricane then you should be on your own.

No way should anyone have to come rescue your stupid ass.

However.

What say you?

That's all fine unless the person is making decisions on behalf of kids or disabled. Not to mention it would be impossible to know who decided to stay and who got caught trying to leave. Plus, there's the whole looting thing. I say mandatory evac for all.

kids are the Parents responsibility and disabled , if they live in MY house they oughta just shut up or let them get in their car and drive away Fang .

That's all fine unless the person is making decisions on behalf of kids or disabled. Not to mention it would be impossible to know who decided to stay and who got caught trying to leave. Plus, there's the whole looting thing. I say mandatory evac for all.
`
I might agree. US Constitutionally however, it gives that power to the state, ergo, it becomes a state issue so it depends on the state.- "Fight or Flight:" On Enforcing Mandatory Evacuations
`

`
I might agree. US Constitutionally however, it gives that power to the state, ergo, it becomes a state issue so it depends on the state.- "Fight or Flight:" On Enforcing Mandatory Evacuations
`

I can't argue that.

kids are the Parents responsibility and disabled , if they live in MY house they oughta just shut up or let them get in their car and drive away Fang .

Category 5 hurricane headed your way and you would choose to make your kids stay with you just because you have that right. Yea, you're "the guy" I'm talking about.

Category 5 hurricane headed your way and you would choose to make your kids stay with you just because you have that right. Yea, you're "the guy" I'm talking about.
-------------------------------------------- simply said , its none of your business and i don't think that i ever said what i would do but it'd be MY decision no matter what i do Fang . Kids are the Parents Responsibillty same as any 'handicapped' that are in the house Fang .

However.

What say you?
That's pretty much the way it already works. Nobody comes and forcibly removes you from your home, but they tell you up front that if you stay emergency services may be days away if not longer.

accepting a taxpayer paid employees advice is one thing but these tax payer paid public servants ORDERING their Bosses about is not correct or acceptable Fang .

However.

What say you?
We were under a severe flood watch and the city manager ordered people to leave their houses. I called him up and he couldn't conceive of the concept of private property and told me the police will remove you. I told him to go fuck himself and them called the police. The police said I had to go, and I told them I was not going and I would not allow them to take me out of my house. Bitch said fine, drown then. So I drowned.

Forum List

Back