On-line friendships

My best experience after meeting a friend from online....was the Monday I could barely walk after spending the weekend with them :)

Seriously tho......having been on forums and message boards for over 13 years now, I have met a LOT of nice people, men and women.
Some have my mailing address and phone number.
But my friends from AOL I have known the longest....are probably the closet. They were "with me" during my most trying times--when I lost my Mother to cancer, then less than 3 years later, when I lost my Dad to cancer.
All my friends got together, and they sent huge baskets containing flowers and plants, to each of my parent's funerals.....that is how close we have all become. And I still keep in touch with the majority of them to this day.
We have lost a couple, they passed away....a couple have moved to a different state...and one chicklet got married!!......but we all still keep in touch. I felt so honored to have such great friends, they were pretty much 'right there' for me when I needed them, even if it were just online or thru phone.
And we continue to be there for each other as the need arises.

**But then, being the not so innocent person I am.....I have met some online peeps just for funzies ~LoL~

Forum List

Back