On-line friendships

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
They come and they go.

What's your best experience with them?

I had a woman that I corresponded with for many years that I met on a crime forum. We became close friends.

I've lost touch with her.

In years of being on forums there are only 3 people I ever spoke to on the phone.
And that was only after knowing that they are in fact who they say they are.
I have never met one in person...however if I find myself in California...there is somebody there I would like to have a few beers and a cigar with.

In years of being on forums there are only 3 people I ever spoke to on the phone.
I have never met one in person...however if I find myself in California...there is somebody there I would like to have a few beers and a cigar with.

I'm sure I know to whom you refer. However I would like to kick him in the nuts. Maybe you could deliver the message. And from his blustering I figured out who he was LONG before he was on the Admins FB page. Yes, I spoke with the Admin there on the phone several times and he's a FB friend..

There is a TN forum I'm on and I know every person on the forum by their real name and also where they live and work. They have meet ups, but I've never been able to attend one.

Last edited:
  • Banned

I've regularly IM-ed a number of people before and spoken on the phone to two.

I also live about an hour away from Mudwhistle and another member of a different forum. I really should have coffee with them, but when I'm through their neck of the woods I'm either in a hurry or tired.

Got to be good chums with a guy on another board. A few years later, while on a visit with my kid in L.A., we hooked up and went to a party and a concert. Great guy, Navy vet.
We stay in touch but not as often. I do intend to visit him again some day.

I met my wife online, and we have several friends we talk to on a regular basis.

My oldest son met his fiance' on an online dating service. And my middle son met his g/f on a NaNoWriMo website. So my family has had good luck online.

I have met friends face-to-face several time, and have not had a bad experience yet.

I think the upside of online friendships is that we see what a person is like inside before we see the outside.

Mainly just have two that I can think of, where I've met and/or talked to on the phone. Known 'em both since about 2004 or so I believe. Still good friends online.

I have met several people I have chatted with online. There is one that I talked to on the phone from England and we even sent each other gifts at one time. We lost contact. I wish I could find her again she was very nice.

Had a coffee with a women I met a couple of years ago on line this summer. Had a good time. She was here from Cali. Plan on meeting up again next year when she comes back through Indiana.

The internet is a global world. The sites i am on, someone somewhere is always on line. I have good friends all over the country and world. They come to see me, i go to see them. We hang out, gallivant around and have a good old time. It also helps to live in an international hub. It takes a long time for me to get comfortable enough to meet someone though. One of my friends from AU spent last holidays with us and staid for 6 weeks. The time before that was Disneyland, Vegas and NYC.

YIM, Skype and a headset.... are a fabulous way to talk domestic and international. Of course there is also the phone :)

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Shallows-What-Internet-Doing-Brains/dp/0393339750/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321854568&sr=8-1[/ame]

Forum List

Back