On Line Dating

I met my husband on a discussion board. Neither of us was looking for a relationship. We had a long distance courtship for a few years. I will say that meeting someone online and courting forces one to converse where if going out on a date there are other distractions such as sitting together watching a movie. It is a nice time but not conducive to getting to know the other person like a conversation. We had many great discussions during that time and our "dates" were outside the box but fun. Personally I would encourage online dating but the problem is that most people are not honest so going to an online dating service often doesn't work out. Go with your interests and frequent there, pursue your own passions and you will find common interests with those dong the same and go from there

Do you think it's easier to find a good match using an on-line dating service?
Have you ever used one? How did it work for you?
What about meeting people on line, like her or on gaming sites/playing live games etc.?

Or do you think the old fashioned way of meeting people (bars, work, school etc.) is the only way to go?
I "won" a paid year of one of those sites as a gag prize at a class reunion.
Child, there are some hungry chunkies out there.
I met my GF Tinkerbell at a site just like this one, joking around just as we do.
We immediately left that site for good, even before we met IRL.
We phone courted for four months before I went over there and got a hotel, and courted her nice and proper.
For three years it was an 875 mile relationship.
I wore out a brand new truck.

I met my husband on a discussion board. Neither of us was looking for a relationship. We had a long distance courtship for a few years. I will say that meeting someone online and courting forces one to converse where if going out on a date there are other distractions such as sitting together watching a movie. It is a nice time but not conducive to getting to know the other person like a conversation. We had many great discussions during that time and our "dates" were outside the box but fun. Personally I would encourage online dating but the problem is that most people are not honest so going to an online dating service often doesn't work out. Go with your interests and frequent there, pursue your own passions and you will find common interests with those dong the same and go from there
Better to meet by accident on a discussion board than on one of those dating sites.

I only got hit on by hungry chunkies.

Of course, I never posted a pic of my myself.

Better to meet by accident on a discussion board than on one of those dating sites.

Met mine on line too, but playing cards on line...strange days.... of course we have been married for going on 13 years.... so the internet wasn't nearly what it is now......... we met in 1999

Met mine on line too, but playing cards on line...strange days.... of course we have been married for going on 13 years.... so the internet wasn't nearly what it is now......... we met in 1999
I met mine online in September, went to see her the first time in January.

Put 50,000 miles on my truck, and that was flying about half the time.

She is a gem.

My husband didn't know what I looked like for quite sometime. I thought he liked blondes and stated such to him and his reply was "No I actually am most attracted to redheads with pale skin and green eyes" At that point I sat stunned. I had never described myself in any way. That's when I sent him a photo. I think he was equally surprised

My husband didn't know what I looked like for quite sometime. I thought he liked blondes and stated such to him and his reply was "No I actually am most attracted to redheads with pale skin and green eyes" At that point I sat stunned. I had never described myself in any way. That's when I sent him a photo. I think he was equally surprised

I saw your thread about red-heads but have not checked it out yet....
I always thought Lolita Davidovich was cute :)

I had never dated a true blonde.

Mine sent me a selfie she took at 6 am, no makeup, hair undone, etc.

I was hooked, such confidence, and so pretty.

My stories are not quite so innocent... LOL!

I saw your thread about red-heads but have not checked it out yet....
I always thought Lolita Davidovich was cute :)

Never heard of her but yeah that is pretty close to what I think I look like. Facial shape and features is very close indeed

Rarely do I wear make up and my hair does what it does. It is naturally wavy/curly/unruly lol

Forum List

Back