On Islam

the issue you presented is "background in muslim countries" not sephardic and not mizrachi --------it is correct to say that neither mizrachi nor sephardic PRECISELY means "muslim country"-?

I didn't present anything.

Roudy claimed a few weeks back that majority of Israelis had fled Muslim countries - a hilarious claim given 70% of Israelis haven't moved from anywhere at all.

He then re-wrote his claim to include their parents - unfortunately that doesn't work either. I guessed at the time that he didn't realise that the term Mizrahi also often includes Sephardi Jews - many of whom come from Spain, Macedonia and Greece etc.

btw - Will you be backing up your claims about the standard of living in Gaa?

Irosie -

Well it depends how many generations you back, right?

If we go back far enough, it could be argued that the entire human race has family in Africa!!

Wikipedia also tells us that 4 million Askehanzim Jews live in Israel - out of a population of 7.6 million.

CIA factbook suggests:

Jewish 76.4% (of which Israel-born 67.1%, Europe/America-born 22.6%, Africa-born 5.9%, Asia-born 4.2%), non-Jewish 23.6% (mostly Arab) (2004)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/is.html

Wikipedia suggests:

"9.2% from Asia and Africa, including the Arab countries."

Demographics of Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Roudy has now changed his statement to go back one generation, but even so....I can't imagine it will jump from less than 10% to more than 50% in one generation.

ONE GENERATION? jews have been marrying EACH OTHER for a lot longer than one generation-------your wikki figures are virtually meaningless Such stats are generally created thru SELF IDENTIFICATION no one asks-----BTW do you have any NON EUROPEANS somewhere in your FAMILY TREE ? If someone asked me-----what is your background I would say "ashkenazi" but the fact is that now I have hundreds of relatives who were either born in muslim countries OR their parents were Yup In israel ------one generation does it because people over there have very little tendency to MARRY WITHIN GROUP --------jews whose grandparents were born in RUSSIA do not go around looking for a spouse with similar background In fact jews in the USA do not and generally have not either

iRosie -

Actually, I'm not Jewish (or Muslim)!

I went to live in Israel purely by coincidence, really. I had no family there, then or now.

Irosie -

Well it depends how many generations you back, right?

If we go back far enough, it could be argued that the entire human race has family in Africa!!

Wikipedia also tells us that 4 million Askehanzim Jews live in Israel - out of a population of 7.6 million.

CIA factbook suggests:

Jewish 76.4% (of which Israel-born 67.1%, Europe/America-born 22.6%, Africa-born 5.9%, Asia-born 4.2%), non-Jewish 23.6% (mostly Arab) (2004)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/is.html

Wikipedia suggests:

"9.2% from Asia and Africa, including the Arab countries."

Demographics of Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Roudy has now changed his statement to go back one generation, but even so....I can't imagine it will jump from less than 10% to more than 50% in one generation.

ONE GENERATION? jews have been marrying EACH OTHER for a lot longer than one generation-------your wikki figures are virtually meaningless Such stats are generally created thru SELF IDENTIFICATION no one asks-----BTW do you have any NON EUROPEANS somewhere in your FAMILY TREE ? If someone asked me-----what is your background I would say "ashkenazi" but the fact is that now I have hundreds of relatives who were either born in muslim countries OR their parents were Yup In israel ------one generation does it because people over there have very little tendency to MARRY WITHIN GROUP --------jews whose grandparents were born in RUSSIA do not go around looking for a spouse with similar background In fact jews in the USA do not and generally have not either

Mizrahi Jews are for most the most part categorized as being Sephardic, and there are very few Sephardic Jews that are NOT either from the middle east / Muslim countries, or descendants of. These same Jews now consist of a majority of Jews that currently living in Israel. THAT was ,y claim and it is a demographic fact. You are neither Jewish nor have you been around enough Jews to know this...DiICKHEAD. The reason this issue bothers you is because you weep for the so called "Palestinians" yet have nothing to say about the savagery and ethnic cleansing the Muslims performed on the Jews. Is it time for you to run off and go into hiding on "Stormfront" yet, cocksucker?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_Jews

Today over 2,500,000 Mizrahi Jews,[37] and Sephardic Jews live in Israel with the majority of them being descendants of the 680,000 Jews who fled Arab Lands Jewish Exodus from Arab Lands (<2,500,000), due to expulsions, and antisemitism, with smaller numbers having immigrated from the Islamic Republics of the Former Soviet Union (c.250,000), India (70,000), Iran (200,000&#8211;250,000), Turkey (80,000). Before the immigration of over 1,000,000 Russian mainly Ashkenazi Jews to Israel after to collapse of the Soviet Union, 70% of Israeli Jews were Sephardic or Mizrahi Jews.[38]

Main articles: Mizrahi Jews, Sephardic Jews, and List of Israeli Mizrahi Jews and Sephardi Jews
Together, the Mizrahi and Sephardic Jewish populations in Israel; consist of about 2,700,000 people (as of 2009), with hundreds of thousands more having mixed Ashkenazi heritage due to Jewish cross-cultural intermarriage. Over time in Israel, all Jews from Africa and Asia have come to be called "Sephardi", whether or not they had any connection with Spain. One reason is that most African and Asian Jewish communities use the Sephardic prayer ritual and abide by the rulings of Sephardic rabbinic authorities, and therefore consider themselves to be "Sephardim" in the broader sense of "Jews of the Spanish rite", though not in the narrower sense of "Spanish Jews". Of late, the term Mizrahi has come to be associated with all Jews in Israel with backgrounds in Islamic lands.

Nearly half of all Israeli Jews are descended from Jews who immigrated from Europe, while around the same number are descended from Jews who immigrated from Arab countries, Iran, Turkey and Central Asia. Over two hundred thousand are, or are descended from, Ethiopian and Indian Jews.[17]

Last edited:
LOL, Jews are such blatant racists that they even divide themselves up into ethnic racist categories. :lol:
Not really. Jews do not practice racism against each other or non Jews whether it be here or in Israel. If you look at the civil rights and human rights history of this country, Jews are in the forefront, and were the first group to march side by side with Martin Luther King Jr. You Muslims and Neo Nazis on the other hand, don't have a very good record.

Amin Al Husseini: Nazi Father of Jihad, Al Qaeda, Arafat, Saddam Hussein and the Muslim Brotherhood - Tell The Children The Truth - Homepage.

Mizrahi jews is a third category of jews who would better fit the description of jews having lived in muslims countries. :cool:

That's true, but it is hard to get accurate figures, as the term 'Mizrahi' often includes Sephadic Jews as well.

Which is I think were Roudy got confused the first time around - and wrongly assumed ALL Mizrahi had come to Israel from the Arab world, wheras many come from the Caucasus etc.
More ignorance from Saigoon?

http://www.jewishgen.org/sefardsig/sephardic_roffe.HTM

The official definition of Sephardic according to Rabbi Marc Angel of Sephardic House, is "almost any Jew who is not Ashkenazi." According to references in Genesis, 10.3 and Obadiah, 1.20, the lands called Sepharad were located in areas north of the Holy Land, and were not necessarily in Spain and the Iberian peninsula, as the term is generally understood. Joseph A. D. Sutton contends that Jews in Spain, also known as Sephardic Jews, lived there for many centuries, but were descendants of Middle East ancestors who came to the Iberian Peninsula in stages from Egypt, Baghdad, North Africa, Palestine and Syria. Arabic was the principal language in large sections of Spain until the Christian conquests and was used by the Jews for daily communication and religious works.

"In effect, Jewish Spain was merely an extension of the Middle East, to all extents and purposes, the Sephardim did not substantially differ from their brothers in the Fertile Crescent, in language, religious practices and endeavors."

Today, many religious leaders in Israel consider themselves as Sephardic and identify with the founders of the Babylonian Talmud, who went to Spain and were considered &#8216;saved&#8217; in the West. Marks states that the Babylonian Talmud was written by their ancestors in what is today Iraq, and codified in Iberia. In sending the Talmud to the West, many believe that Judaism flourished and survived. Joseph A. D. Sutton contends that since the Jews of Spain originally came from the Middle East and their descendants went back to the Middle East, it is reasonable to categorize all of these Jews as Sephardim.

When apartheid South Africa was embargoed by basically every nation in the world.

Israel was South Africa's only trading partner and sold that horrible racist nation weapons.

Many African Americans are aware of this fact and hate Israel for it.

Jews were the first slave traders and financed and operated the slave trade in both N. America and . South America
Seriously? Are you that ignorant about the filth that your religion represents? Here's some education into the garbage and savagery you converted to:

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8zM_MzkLKPY"]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8zM_MzkLKPY[/ame]

Last edited:
When apartheid South Africa was embargoed by basically every nation in the world.

Israel was South Africa's only trading partner and sold that horrible racist nation weapons.

Many African Americans are aware of this fact and hate Israel for it.
REEEAAALLY now? Is dat so....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abeed
Abid (Arabic: &#1593;&#1576;&#1583;*, plural Abeed &#1593;&#1576;&#1610;&#1583; or El Abeed &#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1576;&#1610;&#1583;) is a derogatory term meaning "slave" used mainly in Arab countries and is usually applied as an insult to Black people to invoke stereotypes.

Last edited:
Mizrahi jews is a third category of jews who would better fit the description of jews having lived in muslims countries. :cool:

That's true, but it is hard to get accurate figures, as the term 'Mizrahi' often includes Sephadic Jews as well.

Which is I think were Roudy got confused the first time around - and wrongly assumed ALL Mizrahi had come to Israel from the Arab world, wheras many come from the Caucasus etc.
More ignorance from Saigoon?

There isn't much point saying that when I am right, you know I am right, an your own link confirms that I am right.

Your original claim is still wrong, however!

Apparently Israel wasn't the only country this jackass knows jackshit about although he claims to have visited it! Ha ha ha!

And yet you have never found once known me to make an error in my posting on the country, and I have found...what...30? 40? in yours.

Strange isn't it?

Need a reminder of what they are, bauble?

Forum List

Back