On Iraq, By Iraqi

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I like this once in awhile, no US tilt, no press tilt. Covers a new newspaper, Sadr City and some other stuff. On the ground, non-military. Oh yea, he can write in standard English.

http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/

I loved this paragraph:

"Allawi seemed so determined in this conference and when one reporter asked him, “Why do you maintain the pressure and continue to push things to the extreme against Iraqi citizens?” He answered the reporter with a harsh tone, “What citizens?? These are outlaws and no one is allowed to break the law here no matter who he was” and he added, “We will continue to push harder and we will keep the course against these criminals” Then the reporter tried to interrupt him but Allawi said, “Enough. We are not having a conversation here. You asked a very unacceptable question and I answered you”"

rtwngAvngr said:
I loved this paragraph:

"Allawi seemed so determined in this conference and when one reporter asked him, “Why do you maintain the pressure and continue to push things to the extreme against Iraqi citizens?” He answered the reporter with a harsh tone, “What citizens?? These are outlaws and no one is allowed to break the law here no matter who he was” and he added, “We will continue to push harder and we will keep the course against these criminals” Then the reporter tried to interrupt him but Allawi said, “Enough. We are not having a conversation here. You asked a very unacceptable question and I answered you”"

Wouldn't that be great if GW could do that? :teeth: I guess Thereza did same when she told the reporter to, "Shove it!" :scratch:

Kathianne said:
Wouldn't that be great if GW could do that? :teeth: I guess Thereza did same when she told the reporter to, "Shove it!" :scratch:

I love the way Rummy deals with the press. I love his "fuck you" attitude.

Forum List

Back