On gay rights, Republican/conservatives have three distinct and separate positions

And gays have every right that straight people do to take advantage of those things.

not...true....at....all

homosexuals do not have the same rights as straight couples. period.

They have EXACTLY the same rights as straight people. Where does it say anywhere that only straight people have these rights? Please quote the passage or law.
I'm straight. I can't go out and marry a guy and get his medical benefits etc. Just like a gay person.
What gays want is "special" rights. And they can't have them.

absolutely false....i'll give just one quick example

DOMA

you need to really look into this, because the rights are not equal, in any way, the argument that you're straight is a logically fallacy....that is like arguing - hey, i'm white, i can marry white girls....see....equal rights....no, its not...and it took loving v. virginia to change that

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I don't believe liberals really care about gay rights. I think the vast majority of people of any political affiliation believes in a sort of peer acceptance of gays (as they do minorities and women), and they fear being labeled homophobic, but there is little critical thought that goes into most of the arguments for "gay rights". It's mostly raw, reactionary emotion. That's why every discussion of a gay rights issue with liberals has to include some scathing critique on Republicans, conservatives, southerners, and/or religious people. You'd think truly enlightened, intelligent people would understand you don't win anything if you have to constantly criticize your opponents. If MLK was all "THE WHITE PEOPLE WHO OPPOSE CIVIL RIGHTS FOR BLACKS ARE ASSHOLES! REALLY BIG ASSHOLES!" he probably wouldn't have been successful, because a lot of people would've assumed he's more concerned with having a bone to pick with white people than actually achieving his goals for blacks.

Last edited:
http://www.mainepolitics.net/sites/default/files/Maine_GOP_platform.pdf

The Tea Party WILL replace the GOP Platform. Here is a "taste" of what's coming:

b. Reassert the principle that “Freedom of Religion” does not mean “freedom from religion”.

a. Promote family values.
i. Marriage is an institution between a man and a woman.
ii. Parents, not government, are responsible for making decisions in the best interest of their children, whether disciplinary, educational, or medical.

a. Discard political correctness, make public the declaration of war (Jihad), made against the US on 23 Feb 1998, and fight the war against the United States by radical Islam to win.
b. Seal the border and protect US citizens along the border and everywhere, as is the prime directive of the Federal Government.

a. Return to the principles of Austrian Economics, and redirect the economy back to one of incentives to save and invest.

i. Promote energy independence aggressively by removing the obstacles created by government to allow private development of our resources; natural gas, oil, coal, and nuclear power.

c. Enact tort reform as exemplified by Texas.

d. Eliminate Dirigo

For the most part that sounds pretty good.

Well that's why I posted it. To most Republicans it looks not "pretty good", but "Very Good".

But to someone, such as myself, here is my opinion on a couple of these items:

b. Reassert the principle that “Freedom of Religion” does not mean “freedom from religion”.

More than a suggestion of "forced religion". From someone who sees organized religion as one of the "great scams", the idea is literally horrifying.

ii. Parents, not government, are responsible for making decisions in the best interest of their children, whether disciplinary, educational, or medical.

That would actually make it legal for those religious nuts to not take their kid to a doctor, but "pray" them well.

a. Return to the principles of Austrian Economics, and redirect the economy back to one of incentives to save and invest.

First, I suspect that no Teabagger knows what "Austrian Economics" is, and second, the only way you can "grow" the economy is "R&D" and "Spend".

removing the obstacles created by government to allow private development of our resources; natural gas, oil, coal, and nuclear power.

Like unneeded "safety" regulations.

tort reform as exemplified by Texas

which has been a disaster for Texas citizens and NOT lowered health care costs a cent.

Eliminate Dirigo

The Maine Legislature created the Dirigo Health Agency in 2003 as "an independent executive agency to arrange for the provision of comprehensive, affordable health care coverage to eligible small employers, including the self-employed, their employees and dependents, and individuals on a voluntary basis." The Legislature specified that " Dirigo Health is also responsible for monitoring and improving the quality of health care in this State."

The really sad thing is that you actually believe this. I pity you.

Is there any hope for rdean?

Will he ever recognize his group-think affliction?

Stay tuned for another boring thread masquarading as 'thought' from rdean.
What I fear is some Bimbo (desperate-for-attention; i.e. Palin Syndrome) commenting on threads, without addressing any part of the original-post.

:rolleyes:

well at least there are 2 people who are considered Liberals here on this board who have told Rdean to get a life.....Echo Zulu and Barb....maybe if more do this he will start becoming the boards Fred Phelps....and he and his 5-6 minions will start fading away....
You actually thought the original-post was a Phelps-style/anti-Gay-rights position??????

:eek:

Did rdean have an epithany that Republicans are people too with different values, experiences and ideas? Is it possible that he's learned they come in all colors, shapes, and sizes? Wow. This is truly a remarkable day at USMB!

Shapes and sizes? OK.
See: Coultergeist & Porky Limbaugh​

Colors? Not so much.
C'mon....they always invite (at least) two Blacks, per Convention.....and, an entire Hispanic-staff, in the kitchen.​

How one starts here:
Parents, not government, are responsible for making decisions in the best interest of their children, whether disciplinary, educational, or medical.

And ends here:
That would actually make it legal for those religious nuts to not take their kid to a doctor, but "pray" them well.

Is a prime example of complete asshattery and a bankrupt intellect.
C'mon....there's no need to be so harsh with the pro-home-school agenda.

They thin...er, assume...what they're doing is right.​

How one starts here:
Parents, not government, are responsible for making decisions in the best interest of their children, whether disciplinary, educational, or medical.

And ends here:

Is a prime example of complete asshattery and a bankrupt intellect.

If that were true, there would be something like, "Except in cases where parents have objections to medical care over those of a licensed Medical Practitioner".

You just say, "That's dumb", but no explanation why.
How unfair, of you!!

You know there's no specificity in 'Bagger-rhetoric!!! That'd be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-too-much to remember!!​

For the most part that sounds pretty good.

First, I suspect that no Teabagger knows what "Austrian Economics" is, and second, the only way you can "grow" the economy is "R&D" and "Spend".

Spending for spending's sake doesn't grow an economy, that's Keynesian nonsense.
....And, investing for the long-term is WORSE; the new-"conservatism".​

not...true....at....all

They have EXACTLY the same rights as straight people. Where does it say anywhere that only straight people have these rights? Please quote the passage or law.
I'm straight. I can't go out and marry a guy and get his medical benefits etc. Just like a gay person.

DOMA

you need to really look into this, because the rights are not equal, in any way, the argument that you're straight is a logically fallacy....that is like arguing - hey, i'm white, i can marry white girls....see....equal rights....no, its not...and it took loving v. virginia to change that

WTF are you talking about?
DOMA? THat defined marriage as between one man and one woman. IT doesnt specify whether both parties have to be straight or gay.
And what being white or black has to do with anything is beyond me.

not...true....at....all

So you are saying that married people have "special" rights and that's wrong?
I don't know. It's sounding more like it's the lack o' medical-benefits that're (actually) keeping him in the "enemy's" camp; more-than-likely Larry Craig's issue, as well.​

Republicans only use "TWO" boxes.

"Good" and "Evil". That's it.

They see everything in black and white.

Right and wrong.

They are "binary" people.

1's and 0's.

You are either 100% right or 100% wrong. No room for negotiation or compromise.

and what the fuck are you Dean?.....you use two boxes yourself.....
CONSERVATIVE and REPUBLICAN.....
if you dont agree with me you are in one of those.....
if your not a member of my party you MUST be a Republican....
if you dont agree with me you MUST be a Conservative right winger....
everything is Black and White with you Dean.....YOU are a Binary person with Republicans on the brain.....and you Dean leave no room for negotiation or compromise yourself.....if you dont agree with me....then you are wrong.....but for such a smart fucking guy Dean i love it when someone asks you to prove an accusation....and you cant, you do one of the DEAN BIG 3.....
ignore the question....
dance like Fred Astaire around it....
or never come back to the thread.....but dont feel bad....all those who have their heads shoved up the same ass you do....do the DEAN BIG 3 too...

The Republican leadership has "demonized" Obama so severely, that their base, for the most part, refuses to accept "compromise" of any type.
I think it started a little-earlier, than that.

After all....what Gawd-fearin', flag-wavin', John-Wayne-fan wants to admit being a LOSER?

:eusa_eh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxDgRr_Ynvc]YouTube - Right America Feeling Wronged pt1[/ame]​

You'd think truly enlightened, intelligent people would understand you don't win anything if you have to constantly criticize your opponents.
Especially when their opponent has handed-their-ass-to-them, on such a regular-basis.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5vOMIN673A]YouTube - President Obama Full Q&A[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuygCN_tq8k[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STRG6tOWgnQ&feature=fvw[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLtqkRNraNk&feature=channel[/ame]​

Last edited:

DOMA

DOMA? THat defined marriage as between one man and one woman. IT doesnt specify whether both parties have to be straight or gay.

that whooshing sound is the point going over your head.

DOMA

that whooshing sound is the point going over your head.

No. That's the breeze between your ears. Does it hurt being stupid all the time?

Yeah rdean...I'm gonna DAMGE YOU but GOOD you Rascist Mother Fucker.

You are funny.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A pompus asshat...but funny:lol::lol::lol::lol:
With the way things have been going, lately (for "conservatives"), it's extremely-critical they sound as-"butch"-as-possible....at least, around their wives.​
aARHGGHHHH!

Will you post like a normal fucking human being!!

126891641wmAcqK_fs.jpg

Republicans only use "TWO" boxes.

"Good" and "Evil". That's it.

They see everything in black and white.

Right and wrong.

They are "binary" people.

1's and 0's.

You are either 100% right or 100% wrong. No room for negotiation or compromise.

and what the fuck are you Dean?.....you use two boxes yourself.....
CONSERVATIVE and REPUBLICAN.....
if you dont agree with me you are in one of those.....
if your not a member of my party you MUST be a Republican....
if you dont agree with me you MUST be a Conservative right winger....
everything is Black and White with you Dean.....YOU are a Binary person with Republicans on the brain.....and you Dean leave no room for negotiation or compromise yourself.....if you dont agree with me....then you are wrong.....but for such a smart fucking guy Dean i love it when someone asks you to prove an accusation....and you cant, you do one of the DEAN BIG 3.....
ignore the question....
dance like Fred Astaire around it....
or never come back to the thread.....but dont feel bad....all those who have their heads shoved up the same ass you do....do the DEAN BIG 3 too...

When someone has only two possible answers to every question, then they will nearly always be "wrong". And why is that? Because most important questions have complex answers.

Generally, finding a solution includes "compromise" and "negotiation".

The Republican leadership has "demonized" Obama so severely, that their base, for the most part, refuses to accept "compromise" of any type. Many actually believe Obama is the "anti Christ". How can you compromise with the "anti Christ"?

I've always said Democrats are young, old, liberal, conservative, white, black, brown, Asian, men, women, gay, straight, educated and uneducated, religious and atheist. They are. We know it. Everyone knows it.

Republicans are 90% white and mostly Christian. We know it. Everyone knows it.

Democrats have to build coalitions within their party for it to function. Republicans seldom do. It's just the way it is.

so here you used BIG DEAN NO 2......dance around what i said about you....ill say it again Dean....you are no different than those you yak about all day....you are just on the other side of the coin....you and PI for instance....two of the same kinda chumps....just different political outlooks.....are unable or wont distinguish between different political outlooks by people who think different then you.... to you EVERYONE must be either a Republican,Conservative,Right Winger whatever....to people like PI ..EVERYONE must either a Democrat,Liberal,Left Winger whatever....two sides of the same coin....there can be no other types of people....its all BLACK and WHITE....TWO BOXES....

Forum List

Back