On gay rights, Republican/conservatives have three distinct and separate positions

a. Return to the principles of Austrian Economics, and redirect the economy back to one of incentives to save and invest.

First, I suspect that no Teabagger knows what "Austrian Economics" is, and second, the only way you can "grow" the economy is "R&D" and "Spend".

Spending for spending's sake doesn't grow an economy, that's Keynesian nonsense.

No one spends for "fun" unless you are John McCain's wife or the girls from "Sex and the City".

You said the only way to grow an economy is "R&D" or "Spend," which is incorrect. An economy can't grow without savings.

Spending for spending's sake doesn't grow an economy, that's Keynesian nonsense.

No one spends for "fun" unless you are John McCain's wife or the girls from "Sex and the City".

You said the only way to grow an economy is "R&D" or "Spend," which is incorrect. An economy can't grow without savings.

Depends on how you define "savings". My retirement savings is divided into three funds:
Short-term reserves
Bonds
Stocks
None of them are "stagnant". Unless you keep it under a mattress, all money is "invested". At least, that's my understanding.

Depends on how you define "savings". My retirement savings is divided into three funds:
Short-term reserves
Bonds
Stocks
None of them are "stagnant". Unless you keep it under a mattress, all money is "invested". At least, that's my understanding.

Yes, investment is an important part of the process as well, but you can't have investment without savings.

Phylis Schlafly and Alan Keyes are hardly mainstream Republicans/Conservatives.
Thread fail.

She's mainstream enough for Texas to want her in the history books. Or maybe they just want their books to reflect her unfortunate demise in a tragic tossed-under-the-bus incident.

Phylis Schlafly is very highly respected in the older and whiter portion of the Republican Party, which is most of them. She has been referred to, many times in the past, as, "The Mother of the Conservative Movement".

How would you know? You've never met a COnservative in your life.

The savings rate has certainly decreased through several republican administrations. Reagan said he didn't worry about the debt because it's big enough to take care of itself.
No wonder so many Americans are in debt.

The savings rate has certainly decreased through several republican administrations. Reagan said he didn't worry about the debt because it's big enough to take care of itself.

Which means what? That Republicans and Democrats do the same thing while in office? No kidding.

Which means what? That Republicans and Democrats do the same thing while in office? No kidding.

Kevin...your debating with 2 FAR-LEFT idiots.....the King and his lovely Queen...need i say more?....

Is there any hope for rdean?

Will he ever recognize his group-think affliction?

Stay tuned for another boring thread masquarading as 'thought' from rdean.

I would assume that voting results is a pretty good indication of how MANY cons feel on this issue

just 18 months ago (in maine) there was a referendum vote for gays to recieve the right to marry

gays lost

cons everywhere celebrated

cons everywhere declared that vote a victory for conservatism

yet
here you are today telling us that cons have no problem with gay rights?

if so...

then who voted to OPPOSE gay marital rights?

gremlins?

and of course liberals have only ONE view :cuckoo:

you mean Far-left Liberals.....most Conservatives and Liberals can see and understand another view.....the FAR-Left and RIGHT are incapable seeing anything but what they wanna see.....Dean and Political Disaster are 2 examples on the left....PI is one on the Right....

I would assume that voting results is a pretty good indication of how MANY cons feel on this issue

just 18 months ago (in maine) there was a referendum vote for gays to recieve the right to marry

gays lost

yet

if so...

gremlins?

Who said Cons (whoever they are) have no problem with gay rights? You'll need a tinman and cowardly lion to complete the set.

gays lost

yet

if so...

gremlins?

hey Ricky....who voted it down in California?....Gremlins?....

gays lost

yet

if so...

gremlins?

Conservatives are strange. The only time they are against gay rights is when they are against gay rights.

The truth is, they live in a parallel universe where things are how hey imagine them to be.

The good thing about imagination is that it's flexible. It's what ever you imagine it to be.

You can imagine that Iraq was connected to Bin Laden.

Then you can imagine that he wasn't. Not only that, you can imagine that no one ever said he was.

You can imagine that big corporations will take care of you. Even when they send jobs over seas and fire Americans, you can still imagine they have the "best interests" of the American people in their little lead hearts.

Republicans may not have a lot of "book learnin'", but they have lots of "imagination".

gays lost

yet

if so...

gremlins?

Conservatives are strange. The only time they are against gay rights is when they are against gay rights.

The truth is, they live in a parallel universe where things are how hey imagine them to be.

The good thing about imagination is that it's flexible. It's what ever you imagine it to be.

Then you can imagine that he wasn't. Not only that, you can imagine that no one ever said he was.

You can imagine that big corporations will take care of you. Even when they send jobs over seas and fire Americans, you can still imagine they have the "best interests" of the American people in their little lead hearts.

Republicans may not have a lot of "book learnin'", but they have lots of "imagination".

Actually liberals imagine that Bush said we were attacking Iraq because of bin Laden.
They imagine that Gore actually won in FL in 2000.
They imagine that repeal of regulations that didn't do anything to stop bad bank decisions resulted in a meltdown 9 years later.
And they imagine that Obama could be a competent president.

No, liberals are known for their imagination. And that's the proof.

gays lost

yet

if so...

gremlins?

Actually liberals imagine that Bush said we were attacking Iraq because of bin Laden.
They imagine that repeal of regulations that didn't do anything to stop bad bank decisions resulted in a meltdown 9 years later.

I'm sorry. You were saying?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYI7JXGqd0o]YouTube - WMD LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld etc. - THE ULTIMATE CLIP[/ame]

You really need to review what "standard of evidence" means. There was not a shred of evidence for anything you've said in that stupid video.
Fail.

You really need to review what "standard of evidence" means. There was not a shred of evidence for anything you've said in that stupid video.
Fail.

So the words being spoken out of the mouths of your Republican Leadership isn't "evidence" enough?

Them actually saying the words isn't evidence?

You see what I mean about "imagination" and a "parallel universe"?

Fail.

So the words being spoken out of the mouths of your Republican Leadership isn't "evidence" enough?

Them actually saying the words isn't evidence?

You see what I mean about "imagination" and a "parallel universe"?

No you are supplying the imagination that they actually support what you contend. There is no evidence they do. What they suggest is that U.S. intelligence--and that of every other major country--was wrong. But it wasn't. Iraq did have programs for development of WMD. No one dreamed that up.
Would you like a list of quotations of Bill Clinton and other Dems saying essentially the same thing? That Iraq was the biggest threat to mideast peace, that they were destabilizing, that they had WMD? Because those have been supplied many times already.
It takes an act of supreme partisan imagination to think Bush was the only one who said this and everyone else knew better.

Forum List

Back