On gay rights, Republican/conservatives have three distinct and separate positions

R

rdean

250px-46_Dick_Cheney_3x4.jpg

Position #1:

Typified by Dick Cheney, former Republican vice-president and architect of America's energy policy and the invasion of Iraq.

Feels gays should have full rights as American Citizens.

Gay connection - daughter.

Relation with daughter - supportive and close.

Recent Activities - toured with an "anti-President Obama" and pro-torture agenda.

Dick Cheney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

183px-Phyllis-schlafly-2007-03_cc.jpg

Position #2:

Typified by Phyllis Schlafly, mother of the Modern Day American Conservative Movement.

Feels she did everything to raise her son as a heterosexual. Strong father, subservient mother, Christian values, no exposure to sex, home schooling. Is completely dumbfounded. Besides bewilderment, gives no official public opinion other than her son shares her position.

Gay connection - son.

Relation with son - Publicly admits to being confused, but loves and lives with son.

Recent Activities - Her straight son Andrew founded Conservapedia. At the Judeo-Christian Council for Constitutional Restoration suggested that "Congress ought to talk about impeachment" of Justice Anthony Kennedy, citing as specific grounds Justice Kennedy's deciding vote to abolish the death penalty for minors.

Phyllis Schlafly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

225px-Alan_Keyes.jpg

Position #3:

Typified by Alan Keyes, former Republican presidential candidate, former Republican Senate Nominee - ran against Barrack H. Obama and served in the U.S. Foreign Service, was appointed Ambassador to the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations under President Ronald Reagan.

Feels gay sex is selfish hedonism and gay behaviour should be a criminal offense. Feels gay marriage destroys fundamental moral institutions and gays should have no protections such as hate crime laws, job protection, discrimination protection in housing.

Gay connection - daughter.

Relation with daughter - in the name of family values, Alan felt it appropriate to cut all financial and emotional ties with his daughter and ordered her out of the house, immediately. He contended that he must, "stand for the truth [Jesus Christ] represents," even if it breaks his heart.

Recent Activities - On May 8, 2009, Keyes and 21 others were arrested while protesting President Barack Obama's commencement speech at the University of Notre Dame. Keyes was charged with trespassing and released on $250 bond. He was arrested a second time on May 16.
Following Obama's inauguration, Keyes denied he had been constitutionally inaugurated, refused to call him president, and called him an "usurper" and a "radical communist".

Alan Keyes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Get ready for a bunch of irrelevant questions (Didn't Keyes serve in a Republican administration?) to support his absurd contention.

well at least there are 2 people who are considered Liberals here on this board who have told Rdean to get a life.....Echo Zulu and Barb....maybe if more do this he will start becoming the boards Fred Phelps....and he and his 5-6 minions will start fading away....

Did rdean have an epithany that Republicans are people too with different values, experiences and ideas? Is it possible that he's learned they come in all colors, shapes, and sizes? Wow. This is truly a remarkable day at USMB!

Did rdean have an epithany that Republicans are people too with different values, experiences and ideas? Is it possible that he's learned they come in all colors, shapes, and sizes? Wow. This is truly a remarkable day at USMB!

Shapes and sizes? OK.

Colors? Not so much.

rdean, I know I'm new here, but I'd like to recommend something.

90% of the Republican Party is white
The right wing is the white wing
Only 6% of scientists are Republican

If you put that in your sig, you won't have to type it over and over again.

http://www.mainepolitics.net/sites/default/files/Maine_GOP_platform.pdf

The Tea Party WILL replace the GOP Platform. Here is a "taste" of what's coming:

b. Reassert the principle that “Freedom of Religion” does not mean “freedom from religion”.

a. Promote family values.
i. Marriage is an institution between a man and a woman.
ii. Parents, not government, are responsible for making decisions in the best interest of their children, whether disciplinary, educational, or medical.

a. Discard political correctness, make public the declaration of war (Jihad), made against the US on 23 Feb 1998, and fight the war against the United States by radical Islam to win.
b. Seal the border and protect US citizens along the border and everywhere, as is the prime directive of the Federal Government.

a. Return to the principles of Austrian Economics, and redirect the economy back to one of incentives to save and invest.

i. Promote energy independence aggressively by removing the obstacles created by government to allow private development of our resources; natural gas, oil, coal, and nuclear power.

c. Enact tort reform as exemplified by Texas.

d. Eliminate Dirigo

The Tea Party WILL replace the GOP Platform. Here is a "taste" of what's coming:

b. Reassert the principle that “Freedom of Religion” does not mean “freedom from religion”.

ii. Parents, not government, are responsible for making decisions in the best interest of their children, whether disciplinary, educational, or medical.

a. Discard political correctness, make public the declaration of war (Jihad), made against the US on 23 Feb 1998, and fight the war against the United States by radical Islam to win.
b. Seal the border and protect US citizens along the border and everywhere, as is the prime directive of the Federal Government.

a. Return to the principles of Austrian Economics, and redirect the economy back to one of incentives to save and invest.

i. Promote energy independence aggressively by removing the obstacles created by government to allow private development of our resources; natural gas, oil, coal, and nuclear power.

d. Eliminate Dirigo

For the most part that sounds pretty good.

d. Eliminate Dirigo

Well that's why I posted it. To most Republicans it looks not "pretty good", but "Very Good".

But to someone, such as myself, here is my opinion on a couple of these items:

More than a suggestion of "forced religion". From someone who sees organized religion as one of the "great scams", the idea is literally horrifying.

That would actually make it legal for those religious nuts to not take their kid to a doctor, but "pray" them well.

First, I suspect that no Teabagger knows what "Austrian Economics" is, and second, the only way you can "grow" the economy is "R&D" and "Spend".

removing the obstacles created by government to allow private development of our resources; natural gas, oil, coal, and nuclear power.

Like unneeded "safety" regulations.

tort reform as exemplified by Texas

which has been a disaster for Texas citizens and NOT lowered health care costs a cent.

Eliminate Dirigo

The Maine Legislature created the Dirigo Health Agency in 2003 as "an independent executive agency to arrange for the provision of comprehensive, affordable health care coverage to eligible small employers, including the self-employed, their employees and dependents, and individuals on a voluntary basis." The Legislature specified that " Dirigo Health is also responsible for monitoring and improving the quality of health care in this State."

Phylis Schlafly and Alan Keyes are hardly mainstream Republicans/Conservatives.
Thread fail.

She's mainstream enough for Texas to want her in the history books. Or maybe they just want their books to reflect her unfortunate demise in a tragic tossed-under-the-bus incident.

How one starts here:
Parents, not government, are responsible for making decisions in the best interest of their children, whether disciplinary, educational, or medical.

And ends here:
That would actually make it legal for those religious nuts to not take their kid to a doctor, but "pray" them well.

Is a prime example of complete asshattery and a bankrupt intellect.

How one starts here:
Parents, not government, are responsible for making decisions in the best interest of their children, whether disciplinary, educational, or medical.

And ends here:

Is a prime example of complete asshattery and a bankrupt intellect.

If that were true, there would be something like, "Except in cases where parents have objections to medical care over those of a licensed Medical Practitioner".

You just say, "That's dumb", but no explanation why. Which proves you are a "moron".

Phylis Schlafly and Alan Keyes are hardly mainstream Republicans/Conservatives.
Thread fail.

She's mainstream enough for Texas to want her in the history books. Or maybe they just want their books to reflect her unfortunate demise in a tragic tossed-under-the-bus incident.

Phylis Schlafly is very highly respected in the older and whiter portion of the Republican Party, which is most of them. She has been referred to, many times in the past, as, "The Mother of the Conservative Movement".

d. Eliminate Dirigo

First, I suspect that no Teabagger knows what "Austrian Economics" is, and second, the only way you can "grow" the economy is "R&D" and "Spend".

Spending for spending's sake doesn't grow an economy, that's Keynesian nonsense.

Spending for spending's sake doesn't grow an economy, that's Keynesian nonsense.

No one spends for "fun" unless you are John McCain's wife or the girls from "Sex and the City".

Forum List

Back