On Criticizing the President

As he marks his 100th day in office, President Barack Obama has enjoyed substantially more positive media coverage than either Bill Clinton or George Bush during their first months in the White House, according to a new study of press coverage.

Overall, roughly four out of ten stories, editorials and op ed columns about Obama have been clearly positive in tone, compared with 22% for Bush and 27% for Clinton in the same mix of seven national media outlets during the same first two months in office, according to a study by the Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism.

1_lead_positive_coverage.png

Obama's First 100 Days | Project for Excellence in Journalism (PEJ)
Media Metric: Obama's 100 Days of Press - Pew Research Center

And since the first 100 days, in both domestic and foreign mainstream media, the media coverage overall for Obama has been more positive than negative which almost certainly accounts for his personal approval ratings being much better than his job approval ratings.
http://www.emandp.com/site_content_uploads/main_content/INTERNATIONAL NEWS COVER-AGE.pdf

I didn't go back to find a source, but I recall that media coverage in both of President Bush's terms more more negative than positive by something like 3 to 1.

But as far as criticizing the president goes, can we take our cue from Hillary Clinton?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CzteDucRHo]Hillary Clinton - I am Sick & Tired (Right to Protest) - YouTube[/ame]

Why would you do that??? Since when did the right wing nuts give any credence to ANYTHING Hillary had to say. What a hypocrite you are.

I wouldn't... Clinton's as batshit crazy as the rest of them. And pretty fucking stupid to boot.

Within this freest of lands on gods earth, I'll criticize the mother fucking president any time I wish for any reason.

Criticize??? Hate is the word you're looking for. You people don't criticize. At least own it and stop trying to soft soap it. You HATE, you don't criticize.

Wrong, hate was during Bush's term the left. Anti-war protesters, code pinkos invading Congressional hearing holding up signs calling people liars, charging up on Condi Rice with fake blood on their hands, Sheehan camping out in front of Mr.and Mrs. Bush's house, ete etc.

Now that was some HATE. Obama hasn't seen HATE. But he has seen all you people making one excuse after another for his arrogant bullying and walking all over the people HE REPRESENTS.

Shut up, Stephanie. Your posts are always so uninformative and so predictable.

Hating people is a stupid way to live. It takes a lot of energy and you die young.

Good point, however staying engaged and calling a dumb fuck a dumb fuck keeps your vitality.

So let me be clear the president is an economic dumbfuck.

I am amazed at the people who do not want us to exercise all of our rights. Now, they will preach to high heaven how we should ALL vote, but after that keep our mouths shut.

I wish I could give you rep for this post, but I have to spread some around.

I truly enjoy the left bitching about the treatment they receive, given how they treat everyone in opposition.

Criticize??? Hate is the word you're looking for. You people don't criticize. At least own it and stop trying to soft soap it. You HATE, you don't criticize.

none here.

Is the response to this always going to be pointing out how the left treated Bush?? Well, there were lots of us that did not condone a lot of things that were said and done at the time.

And if you thought it was so abominable, why do you turn around and do it to Obama?? That does not make sense.

I don't condone the demeaning photos and hateful language directed at the President and I don't do that. The worst I call him is 'The Annointed One' or 'His Arrogance' or "Fearless Leader" and these terms relate to his own words and actions and demeanor. They are no worse and not much different than satirical terms I attached to President Bush when he supported what I thought was really bad legislation.

What I object to is that the same people who did use ugly perjorative or insulting imagery and language to attack President Bush now often object when there is ANY criticism of President Obama. And I get sick and tired of being called racist when I criticize the President just because he happens to be black and being called hateful because I presume to criticize him.

As he marks his 100th day in office, President Barack Obama has enjoyed substantially more positive media coverage than either Bill Clinton or George Bush during their first months in the White House, according to a new study of press coverage.

Overall, roughly four out of ten stories, editorials and op ed columns about Obama have been clearly positive in tone, compared with 22% for Bush and 27% for Clinton in the same mix of seven national media outlets during the same first two months in office, according to a study by the Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism.

1_lead_positive_coverage.png

Obama's First 100 Days | Project for Excellence in Journalism (PEJ)
Media Metric: Obama's 100 Days of Press - Pew Research Center

And since the first 100 days, in both domestic and foreign mainstream media, the media coverage overall for Obama has been more positive than negative which almost certainly accounts for his personal approval ratings being much better than his job approval ratings.
http://www.emandp.com/site_content_uploads/main_content/INTERNATIONAL NEWS COVER-AGE.pdf

I didn't go back to find a source, but I recall that media coverage in both of President Bush's terms more more negative than positive by something like 3 to 1.

But as far as criticizing the president goes, can we take our cue from Hillary Clinton?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CzteDucRHo]Hillary Clinton - I am Sick & Tired (Right to Protest) - YouTube[/ame]

Why would you do that??? Since when did the right wing nuts give any credence to ANYTHING Hillary had to say. What a hypocrite you are.

And here is a good example to illustrate my previous post. (I actually did want Hillary to be the Democratic nominee however, and supported her in that on the theory that if the Republican didn't win, she was the best the Democrats were offering and I thought she would do a lot less damage than President Obama is doing. I still think she would have been a whole lot better.)

Last edited:

You DO realize that it was almost exclusively Democrats doing the lynching, don't you?

Some Dixiecrats. They weren't liberals. They were, however, conservatives.
Of course you do have factual evidence that those doing the lynchings were ideological conservatives.....So have at it.
May I remind you that (let us stipulate that most religious people are ideologically conservative) the Abolition of slavery was wholly accomplished by the actions of church leaders in the North.
Now, about that proof....GO!

Were you born yesterday betty? Didn't you see the hate speech directed at Bush that makes criticism of Obama look like a PTA meeting? They showed a movie in 40 American theaters depicting the assassination of president Bush while he was still in office. Cindy Sheehan's crazies camped out in Crawford Tx waving hundreds of offensive signs calling Bush vile names.
Yeah, liberals cry about obamaturd getting criticized and they were out there flat out threatening Bush and basically spitting on him, idiots.

Pubs have a 24/7/365 negative propaganda/fear mongering/misinformation/spin machine- talk about New World Order....the brainwashed know every trival soap opera negative about Obama, more than half the dupes believe PURE BS like Obama is a Kenyan Muslim Marxist, ACORN stole the election, believe but don't know Pubs have blocked EVERYTHING since 1/2010. It's scary and un-American...
You are a complainer. That's all. You whine like a school girl and because no one listens to you, you make up shit as you go along

You should be able to provide the viewing audience out here all the hate speech that democratic politicians put out about George W. Bush.

Last I remember, Cindy was not elected to anything and she had a legitimate gripe.

Her son was killed in a war, that in itself was a war crime..and based on lies.

Poor Cindy...she was the darling of the Left when she was going after W. The money just poured in when she was protesting in Crawford at Bush's ranch. Then she tried doing a "Peace Camp" in front of the White House when Obama didn't immediately stop the war and the naive little fool was shocked that nobody showed up and her funds dried up. Try Googling her now and see how insignificant she's become since Obama got elected. She wasn't smart enough to figure out the anti-war protests were only something the Left would really get behind if the protests were against W...not Obama.

There is still plenty of anti war protests. Go to Union Square in NYC on almost any weekend.

No one covers them..because they are and were to busy with the nutters of the Tea Party.
The media does not cover these protests because there is a democrat in office and nobody else cares what these left over 60's douche bags have to say.
Union Square.....More fucking mind altering substances are sold and consumed there than almost any other location in Manhattan.

You still make no sense.

Here, stupid. You are brainwashed. Dems have no Fox, Rush etc running the party. Over 50% of Pub voters (DUPES) belive Obama is Muslim, or he is Kenyan, or he is a Marxist, or ACORN stole the election.TOTAL BS. Like YOU, they are BRAINWASHED.
Brainwashed? Oh, yeah, like the people who believe Obama is a good President.
I am no longer going to bother with responding the warsaw's posts. The guy is just out to lunch.

Within this freest of lands on gods earth, I'll criticize the mother fucking president any time I wish for any reason.

You can believe that if it makes you feel better. Doesn't make it true.
"It's not a lie, if you believe it"..
"Soft Soap"? That's that stuff in the plastic bottle next to the sink.,....For washing hands.
Soft Soap......What a maroon.

Well..maybe, maybe not. I was going back to colonial days.

And yeah..to this country. If you want to compare us to other countries..the form of slavery we had here..was pretty bad. In Rome you could buy yourself out..and they even had a Roman leader..who may have been the son of a slave..

Diocletian

Slavery has a long, long past, in many different country's and civilizations, Roman Slavery is just one of many...

What happened in America is only a fraction of the history, when we get beyond the rhetoric of partisan political opines', maybe, just maybe we can work on the real issues of today, BTW slavery isn't one of them...

No matter your political preference, the constant use of racism in regards to Obama has done nothing to resolve the problems we are dealing with today, sadly, it has put more focus on the negatives of Black America than the positives, is that the legacy of the first Black POTUS so far? Afraid so...

I'm betting that you've got lots and lots of "ancestral" hurts that have nothing to do with your present condition.

If not..my apologizes.

But I see thread after thread about ancient transgressions about religion, race and all sorts of weirdness that never even happened in this country.

Slavery was very real and had some really bad outcomes which still exist today. Just as you can inherit wealth..poverty gets passed down as well.

And it's something that's never really been addressed.
Oh really? So slavery is responsible for the existence of poverty?
Just stop the nonsense.
That's neither true nor accurate. You are just trying to place yourself in a comfort zone.
You WANT to believe our country is suffering the effects of slavery because it is a political agenda. That is all.

Were you born yesterday betty? Didn't you see the hate speech directed at Bush that makes criticism of Obama look like a PTA meeting? They showed a movie in 40 American theaters depicting the assassination of president Bush while he was still in office. Cindy Sheehan's crazies camped out in Crawford Tx waving hundreds of offensive signs calling Bush vile names.

Poor Obama. He's being picked on?

Tissue ?

Like I said, I will attack and criticize this and any president anytime I fucking well please for any reason. If you don't like it don't read or go fuck your selfs. I don't give two damns about the color of his skin, but instead his fucking policies that have kepted this nation in the worst economy of the past 70 years. I will point out all the bads he may do as YOU pointed out all the wrongs Bush might of done. This is just part of life.

To bad you have your heads so far up Obama's ass that you can't think for your selfs. To bad you think someone should get away with fucking this nation into the ground, because of something that has happen within the past. What a bunch of idiots.

Last edited:
No one is forcing Obama to run again. Some how, Obama fashions himself a help in the jobs problem. Truly amazing that the thinks repeating his past mistakes over or at a more expensive level will make a difference. If the Democrats opened things up for a real primary within the party I don't think Obama would win.

Forum List

Back