On Criticizing the President

The “beef” that I, and many I identify with most closely, have with much of the criticism being pitched at Barack Obama is simply that it is not constructive. Each time a decision is made that is not whatever enough for The Best Progressives, the knee-jerking, the hysteria, and the hyperbole is *immediately* turned up to eleven. The past week is a perfect example, with ScheduleGate and OzoneNationalAmbientAirQualityStandardsGate. Or whatever we’re calling it.

The Obama Administration provided explanation on both of these items. ScheduleGate is not a big deal. It’s just not. As for OzoneEtcGate, the letter from Cass Sunstein to the EPA on the air quality standards decision is a particularly important read. I’m not a policy wonk, I don’t claim to understand every detail of this issue, but I understand enough to know my hair shouldn’t be on fire over it. The explanation in the letter makes sense to me. Part of my job has me working within the confines of regulatory cycles and individual rule issuance. I can attest wholeheartedly to the confusion and headaches caused by conflicting regulations and rules that are put in place as a result of poor planning and shitty governance. It makes compliance impossible, it creates unnecessary risk, and more often than not winds up costing a lot of money. Effective planning and governance means making the right decisions at the right times to encourage the right behaviors and appropriate accountability. I repeat: my hair is not on fire over this issue.

So here’s the frustration: stuff happens, and The Best Progressives are immediately thrown into a tizzy. Fueled by a toxic combination of media talking points, visceral outrage, and a deep insecurity that we’ve all been suckered by a Republican plant by the name of Barack Obama, the pitchforks come out.

Obama caved!

Obama is just like Bush!

Obama needs a spine!

Obama needs to act like a real Democrat!

Obama doesn’t deserve to be reelected!

Obama is betraying the base!

Palin was right – Obama doesn’t have any executive experience!

(Oh…sorry about that last one. I don’t know how that made its way in there.)

Those familiar with the IT industry may have heard of the Gartner Hype Cycle. I know, I know – just bear with me on this, I promise I have a point. The Hype Cycle has five phases, and even though it’s supposed to be about new technology, the same shit applies…

Virtual Daze» Blog Archive » On Criticizing the President

Good points.

Were you even Alive from 2000 to 2008? Are you people for real?

You still make no sense.

Here, stupid. You are brainwashed. Dems have no Fox, Rush etc running the party. Over 50% of Pub voters (DUPES) belive Obama is Muslim, or he is Kenyan, or he is a Marxist, or ACORN stole the election.TOTAL BS. Like YOU, they are BRAINWASHED.
Brainwashed? Oh, yeah, like the people who believe Obama is a good President.

He was until Pubs blocked EVERYTHING ANYONE wanted to pass, since 1/2010. He is about to finally kick their stupid, racist, bought off azzes. In the nicest, most uniting way possible.:lol:

Want some cheese with that whine?

Seriously, do you really think the criticism Obama faces today is any worse than what Bush43 had to deal with when he was president? He gets and has gotten much better treatment from the MSM than Bush did.

Bush had a cakewalk compared to either Clinton (Who was impeached) or Obama.

:lol::lol::lol:...

And I thought no one could out dumbass Joe Biden :lol::lol::lol:...

Your Special Shallow Sallow...

Pubs have a 24/7/365 negative propaganda/fear mongering/misinformation/spin machine- talk about New World Order....the brainwashed know every trival soap opera negative about Obama, more than half the dupes believe PURE BS like Obama is a Kenyan Muslim Marxist, ACORN stole the election, believe but don't know Pubs have blocked EVERYTHING since 1/2010. It's scary and un-American...

You still make no sense.

Here, stupid. You are brainwashed. Dems have no Fox, Rush etc running the party. Over 50% of Pub voters (DUPES) belive Obama is Muslim, or he is Kenyan, or he is a Marxist, or ACORN stole the election.TOTAL BS. Like YOU, they are BRAINWASHED.

You are really worth no more of my attention.

Want some cheese with that whine?

Seriously, do you really think the criticism Obama faces today is any worse than what Bush43 had to deal with when he was president? He gets and has gotten much better treatment from the MSM than Bush did.

Bush had a cakewalk compared to either Clinton (Who was impeached) or Obama.

:lol::lol::lol:...

And I thought no one could out dumbass Joe Biden :lol::lol::lol:...

Your Special Shallow Sallow...

Erm..yeah..:lol:

So what's your point? Are you that naive? Slavery has victimized all races, creeds and religions, let's try something a little more relevant...

In this country? No.

Indians croaked to quickly..

They switched to Africans. That worked out of some 200 or so years.

So now it is only relevant in this country? How selective...

Check out the Civil War again, and try working on your basic math, you're only off by a 150 years or so...

Well..maybe, maybe not. I was going back to colonial days.

And yeah..to this country. If you want to compare us to other countries..the form of slavery we had here..was pretty bad. In Rome you could buy yourself out..and they even had a Roman leader..who may have been the son of a slave..

Diocletian

Within this freest of lands on gods earth, I'll criticize the mother fucking president any time I wish for any reason.

Criticize??? Hate is the word you're looking for. You people don't criticize. At least own it and stop trying to soft soap it. You HATE, you don't criticize.

Within this freest of lands on gods earth, I'll criticize the mother fucking president any time I wish for any reason.

Criticize??? Hate is the word you're looking for. You people don't criticize. At least own it and stop trying to soft soap it. You HATE, you don't criticize.

Between extremist lets just say that I hate Marxism and what it has done during the 20th century. I'm not going to say anymore as I don't went to get into the cycle jerk.

Lets just say that you people that think that globalism is the answer and that no one should be better(some how there is no differences within all of humanity) or advance within there lifes are far more off then me. You people are the true evil and believers in evil.

The honest truth is one man that does nothing, but gets drunk and fucks away his life is not going to get to the same point that a man that worked his ass off year after fucking year will get to. Or the man that goes to school learning the tricks of the trade. You people don't live within reallity. You people are a bunch of senseless haters of reality.

Yes I hate you people. :evil:

Last edited:
In this country? No.

Indians croaked to quickly..

They switched to Africans. That worked out of some 200 or so years.

Check out the Civil War again, and try working on your basic math, you're only off by a 150 years or so...

And yeah..to this country. If you want to compare us to other countries..the form of slavery we had here..was pretty bad. In Rome you could buy yourself out..and they even had a Roman leader..who may have been the son of a slave..

Diocletian

Slavery has a long, long past, in many different country's and civilizations, Roman Slavery is just one of many...

What happened in America is only a fraction of the history, when we get beyond the rhetoric of partisan political opines', maybe, just maybe we can work on the real issues of today, BTW slavery isn't one of them...

No matter your political preference, the constant use of racism in regards to Obama has done nothing to resolve the problems we are dealing with today, sadly, it has put more focus on the negatives of Black America than the positives, is that the legacy of the first Black POTUS so far? Afraid so...

Diocletian

Slavery has a long, long past, in many different country's and civilizations, Roman Slavery is just one of many...

What happened in America is only a fraction of the history, when we get beyond the rhetoric of partisan political opines', maybe, just maybe we can work on the real issues of today, BTW slavery isn't one of them...

No matter your political preference, the constant use of racism in regards to Obama has done nothing to resolve the problems we are dealing with today, sadly, it has put more focus on the negatives of Black America than the positives, is that the legacy of the first Black POTUS so far? Afraid so...

I'm betting that you've got lots and lots of "ancestral" hurts that have nothing to do with your present condition.

If not..my apologizes.

But I see thread after thread about ancient transgressions about religion, race and all sorts of weirdness that never even happened in this country.

Slavery was very real and had some really bad outcomes which still exist today. Just as you can inherit wealth..poverty gets passed down as well.

And it's something that's never really been addressed.

Pubs have a 24/7/365 negative propaganda/fear mongering/misinformation/spin machine- talk about New World Order....the brainwashed know every trival soap opera negative about Obama, more than half the dupes believe PURE BS like Obama is a Kenyan Muslim Marxist, ACORN stole the election, believe but don't know Pubs have blocked EVERYTHING since 1/2010. It's scary and un-American...

All that is Soooo last year. All the damage done to Obama he has done him self.

none here.

Attachments

• $index.jpg
    $index.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 38

Diocletian

I'm betting that you've got lots and lots of "ancestral" hurts that have nothing to do with your present condition.

If not..my apologizes.

But I see thread after thread about ancient transgressions about religion, race and all sorts of weirdness that never even happened in this country.

Slavery was very real and had some really bad outcomes which still exist today. Just as you can inherit wealth..poverty gets passed down as well.

And it's something that's never really been addressed.

Not that I am aware of, no apology is necessary...

Okay, but we are decedents of European country's, do you discount that influence on our own society? In 2,500+ years of written history, we have not evolved that much, but slavery has been a thing of the past for over 150 years, what sense does it make to keep beating that drum?

No doubt, there are a lot of really bad outcomes that have nothing to do with slavery, the race card is dead or should be...

Just as money doesn't buy you happiness or health, hating the past will only keep you angry...

As he marks his 100th day in office, President Barack Obama has enjoyed substantially more positive media coverage than either Bill Clinton or George Bush during their first months in the White House, according to a new study of press coverage.

Overall, roughly four out of ten stories, editorials and op ed columns about Obama have been clearly positive in tone, compared with 22% for Bush and 27% for Clinton in the same mix of seven national media outlets during the same first two months in office, according to a study by the Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism.

1_lead_positive_coverage.png

Obama's First 100 Days | Project for Excellence in Journalism (PEJ)
Media Metric: Obama's 100 Days of Press - Pew Research Center

And since the first 100 days, in both domestic and foreign mainstream media, the media coverage overall for Obama has been more positive than negative which almost certainly accounts for his personal approval ratings being much better than his job approval ratings.
http://www.emandp.com/site_content_uploads/main_content/INTERNATIONAL NEWS COVER-AGE.pdf

I didn't go back to find a source, but I recall that media coverage in both of President Bush's terms more more negative than positive by something like 3 to 1.

But as far as criticizing the president goes, can we take our cue from Hillary Clinton?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CzteDucRHo]Hillary Clinton - I am Sick & Tired (Right to Protest) - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back