On College Bombings, Planes, and NYC High Alert

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
What's up? Nothing? Something big? Just a series of coincidental hoaxes?

http://instapundit.com/archives/026120.php
October 11, 2005

B RELEVANT REPORTS:

I'm officially freaked out.

According to reports from Atlanta's NBC affiliate WXIA-TV, a plane stolen from St. Augustine, Florida has mysteriously appeared right hear in my hometown of Lawrenceville, GA. (To watch video of the report, click here.)

What is particularly troubling is that police have "narrowed down" the plane's arrival time at Briscoe Field in Gwinnett County to between 9:00 PM Saturday and 6:30 AM Sunday. That is a mighty big window of time. How is it possible that we can't say more precisely when this plane landed?

Briscoe Field may sound familiar to you. It should. Two of the hijackers who crashed airliners into the twin towers on Sept. 11, 2001, trained at Briscoe Field. Mohamed Atta and Marwan al-Shehhi did flight training at the Lawrenceville airport about eight months before the attacks.

Hmm. This is odd, and when you put it together with the bomb incidents at Oklahoma, Georgia Tech, and UCLA plus the New York subway scares and this odd story from San Diego, it sounds like something odd is going on. But is it -- or are we just noticing more odd events in the wake of the New York subway scare? It's hard to say. If this is the much-ballyhooed "Ramadan offensive" by Al Qaeda, then by all appearances it's awfully lame. Of course, it could be a series of distractions, but that seems unlikely, too. I'm going with "chain of coincidences" for the moment, pending some reason to think there's a connection, as a lot of readers seem to.

UPDATE: The NY subway threat appears to have been a hoax.
posted at 12:42 PM by Glenn Reynolds

Who knows? Terrorists have been saying that there'll be another major attack on America for the past 3 years, maybe they're forming it up right now or maybe we're just a little too ansy.

Time will tell...

Forum List

Back