On being a Cub Scout in Trump's America...

Cub Scout Ousted From Den After Asking Politician Tough Questions

"A cub scout in Colorado has been cast out of his den after he asked a state legislator pointed questions about racially charged comments she made about African-Americans in 2013 and a gun bill she co-sponsored.

Ames Mayfield, 11, and other members of his den in Broomfield had a question-and-answer session with state Sen. Vicki Marble (R) at an Oct. 9 meeting. Topics raised by the scouts included the border wall, fossil fuels, and former President Barack Obama, according to The Denver Post.

Mayfield queried Marble about comments she made during a 2013 hearing on poverty suggesting that mortality rates among blacks were tied to their consumption of barbecue ribs and fried chicken...."

This is what Trump inspires.

one has to wonder why the trumptard idiot trolls think that's funny.

oh right.. .because they're trumptard idiot trolls. :cuckoo:

It's an easy exercise to figure out what's going on in their heads. Just imagine if the politician had been a liberal,
and the scout had asked tough questions of an anti-liberal nature,

and then got kicked out. Where would the RW'ers be?

In full cry is where they be. Nationwide howls of outrage and protest.

clearly the rightwingtnut pondscum would be shrieking about "free speech" under those circumstances.

but they hate smart people... even kids. so they need to shut down people smarter than they are -- instantly

This is what the term "carefully coached" applies to.

Once again a thread / post goes so far over your head it bypasses the point there. It matters not if the questions were "coached"; the impact of the expulsion for the youngster will be life long.

BTW, nothing you have ever posted has been your thoughts, you echo the propaganda of the right wing constantly.
The basis of the expulsion was the coaching. This is the lesson the child should learn and keep that LIFELONG.

When a democrat says "you don't think for yourself" what they really mean is "if you thought for yourself, you would let me do your thinking for you."

He was locked out for being underage.

that was the method, not the reason.

Age is not a judgment call. You are either old enough, or you're not.

NOTE:

see how quickly the attitude changed when I brought up a CONSERVATIVE kid? lol

I actually think that if this is the only thing the Cub den overreacted.

I also think there were probably other reasons, and the parents are the ones who fed this kid the questions to make their own point.

lol, it wouldn't be the first time a Scout's parents helped him with a project.

Using your kid as a puppet to gun after a local rep without having the balls to do it yourself is not helping with a Scout Project.

Was she taking parents' questions?

"A cub scout in Colorado has been cast out of his den after he asked a state legislator pointed questions about racially charged comments she made about African-Americans in 2013 and a gun bill she co-sponsored.

Ames Mayfield, 11, and other members of his den in Broomfield had a question-and-answer session with state Sen. Vicki Marble (R) at an Oct. 9 meeting. Topics raised by the scouts included the border wall, fossil fuels, and former President Barack Obama, according to The Denver Post.

Mayfield queried Marble about comments she made during a 2013 hearing on poverty suggesting that mortality rates among blacks were tied to their consumption of barbecue ribs and fried chicken...."

It's an easy exercise to figure out what's going on in their heads. Just imagine if the politician had been a liberal,

clearly the rightwingtnut pondscum would be shrieking about "free speech" under those circumstances.

but they hate smart people... even kids. so they need to shut down people smarter than they are -- instantly

We already have them on a history of this. I mentioned the conservative kid on Facebook. There was another kid, conservative, who got in some sort of trouble in school for a similar incident, with what I guess was a liberal teacher. Coincidentally I think that one was in Colorado too.

The Right went mental in both cases. Here, it's ho hum and how many excuses can we come up with not to care.

We already have them on a history of this. I mentioned the conservative kid on Facebook. There was another kid, conservative, who got in some sort of trouble in school for a similar incident, with what I guess was a liberal teacher. Coincidentally I think that one was in Colorado too.

The Right went mental in both cases. Here, it's ho hum and how many excuses can we come up with not to care.

just proving their vileness and vindictiveness

but they love free speech when it comes to hanging crosses on public property

The once great Scouting program will be "Demokratischepartei jugend" within three years.

Last edited:

Conservatives project through there kids at sporting events, not political events.

Conservatives project through there kids at sporting events, not political events.

really, liar?

godhatesfags61.jpg

326EBB5400000578-3503240-image-a-17_1458589285475.jpg

want to try that again, bubbalah?

just proving their vileness and vindictiveness

but they love free speech when it comes to hanging crosses on public property

It figures a wimp like you gets the vapors over a cross shaped memorial in a park full of other memorials.

really, liar?

godhatesfags61.jpg

want to try that again, bubbalah?

Can't take a joke eh you dried up old hag.

Once again a thread / post goes so far over your head it bypasses the point there. It matters not if the questions were "coached"; the impact of the expulsion for the youngster will be life long.

BTW, nothing you have ever posted has been your thoughts, you echo the propaganda of the right wing constantly.
The basis of the expulsion was the coaching. This is the lesson the child should learn and keep that LIFELONG.

When a democrat says "you don't think for yourself" what they really mean is "if you thought for yourself, you would let me do your thinking for you."

Then someone should post the applicable Cub Scout rule.

Are you referring to this kid who got punished by your left wing extremist brethren in Silicon Valley for criticizing the Big O? Not really sure why you would want to bring that up. Doesn't exactly shed a good light on folks like you.

12-year-old’s Facebook page locked after YouTube clip questions President Barack Obama’s love of country | Political Insider blog

NOTE:

The Boy Scouts have really changed.

First they let in gays and then girls and now this?

Where exactly are the headed I wonder?

Letting girls join is misguided. If people want co-ed scout thing, let them form a new organization.
Misogynist!

NOTE:

The Boy Scouts have really changed.

First they let in gays and then girls and now this?

Where exactly are the headed I wonder?

Letting girls join is misguided. If people want co-ed scout thing, let them form a new organization.
Misogynist!

You misspelled 'reasonable'

Some background. Marble made headlines in 2013 at a legislative hearing on poverty. On the question of mortality rates among African-Americans, Marble said: “When you look at life expectancy, there are problems in the black race. Sickle-cell anemia is something that comes up. Diabetes is something that’s prevalent in the genetic makeup, and you just can’t help it.

“Although I’ve got to say, I’ve never had better barbecue and better chicken and ate better in my life than when you go down South and you, I mean, I love it,” Marble said. “Everybody loves it.”

What is not true about that statement?

Sickle cell exists. Diabetes is prevalent. Traditional Southern cooking is not particularly healthy.

Looks like a matter of "if the shoe fits, wear it."
After watching a season of Paula Dean's cooking show, I wondered out loud to an Alabama woman how any southern man over 40 has managed to survive. She was highly offended. But it's true. Cream, butter, frying oil, mayo. Good gravy. Oh yeah, gravy too.

Your first paragraph supports abuse, censorship and an opinion which infers you disagree with the child's statement, and you opinion that the child did not have the ability to think for himself lacks a rebuttal too.

You second paragraph is an echo of the right wing meme, and a straw man conclusion - you're not very well educated, are you?

Last edited:
Some background. Marble made headlines in 2013 at a legislative hearing on poverty. On the question of mortality rates among African-Americans, Marble said: “When you look at life expectancy, there are problems in the black race. Sickle-cell anemia is something that comes up. Diabetes is something that’s prevalent in the genetic makeup, and you just can’t help it.

“Although I’ve got to say, I’ve never had better barbecue and better chicken and ate better in my life than when you go down South and you, I mean, I love it,” Marble said. “Everybody loves it.”

What is not true about that statement?

Sickle cell exists. Diabetes is prevalent. Traditional Southern cooking is not particularly healthy.

Looks like a matter of "if the shoe fits, wear it."

After watching a season of Paula Dean's cooking show, I wondered out loud to an Alabama woman how any southern man over 40 has managed to survive. She was highly offended. But it's true. Cream, butter, frying oil, mayo. Good gravy. Oh yeah, gravy too.

When my wife and I were in Savannah on vacation she wanted to eat at PD's restaurant. In my opinion the food sucked, the only thing on the buffet I sort of liked was the mashed potato. The rest were over seasoned, greasy & salty.

Forum List

Back