On Anti-Semitism

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by pbel, Oct 1, 2012.

1. pbel

pbel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +907
    On Anti-Semitism

I’ve often asked the ZioNut posters, and by the way there are some Zionists on these boards that are not nutty or extreme that the would twist and lie on these boards.

We all know who they Are…

But my question is simple, what has or how does anti-Semitism Affect the Veracity of what is posted or truth?

No rudeness in your answer, please.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  2. there4eyeM

there4eyeM unlicensed metaphysician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,286
    The very term Semite twists the truth.

There is no Semitic race. The term is for a group of people, a language group in fact. It has been used so long now as a code word for Jewish that it means something 'special'.

Since 'they' are 'us', it is in fact impossible to be 'anti-Semitic', but there do exist those who dislike Jews. Well, some people dislike women, so what can you say?

Personally, I do not believe that women are equal to men; they are superior.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. MHunterB

MHunterB Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,775
    Right, then. It'd be better to call the 'position' espoused by some posters on this board what it truly is: Jew-murdering baseless hate.

4. MHunterB

MHunterB Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,775
    Oh, and for how it affects the veracity of what the Jew-haters post? That's explained in the work of Dr. Alvin Poussaint - when prejudice is strong enough, it becomes pathological just like any other delusion.

5. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,920
    You mean like claiming things like Arab Israelis are slaves? Or claiming when the Israelis respond militarily to an attack THEY are the terrorists while ignoring the real terrorists?

How are we to ignore the obvious lies delusions and hate coming from Jew haters?

6. MikeK

MikeK Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,703
    Were I to say so-called "anti-Semitism" has evolved into a convenient gimmick for defending against even the most valid criticism of Jews I would be accused of "anti-Semitism." So rather than say that myself I refer any interested party to a book called, The Holocaust Industry, by Professor Norman Finkelstein, himself a Jew whose parents survived the Nazi pogrom.

Paperback. Available from Amazon (and a very interesting read).

7. pbel

pbel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +907
    Gunny, You must have been involved in a war where you occupied someone's country by military force...I have. Would you defend America if someone invaded our homes?

That is the base problem in this ME quogmire...Israel was created by the force of Western Colonial military power. Nothing new in the history of man-kind.

If you believe might makes right then the claims of historical justification for the creation of Israel is invalid, an oxymoron because might trumps history, and history has alsways moved to diffrent peoples on this earth.

8. pbel

pbel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +907
    The problem is: I asked how it affects the veracity of a post not the mental condition of the poster, delusions can easily discounted by posting the facts that we all have at our finger tips.

When prejudice is strong enough is purely intrinsic and so are opinions. We can all sense and easily spot the few pathological posters whose truths on these boards are easily refuted by scholarly facts.

9. Roudy

Roudy Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,428
    Why is it that Jew haters often get the very definition of the word "anti-Semetism" wrong, even after they have been reminded of this, many times?

Anti semitism | Define Anti semitism at Dictionary.com
    an·ti-Sem·i·tism
       [an-tee-sem-i-tiz-uhm, an-tahy-] Show IPA
    noun
    discrimination against or prejudice or hostility toward Jews

10. Roudy

Roudy Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,428