on america's history with uncle joe

Patton was an ass when it came to evaluating the political realities of a situation. The Russians had killed 7 million Germans during the war. How many million casualties would the American public have tolerated ?

Patton knew Ike and FDR agreed to sell out Eastern Europe

Patton predicted Ike was going to run for the US Presidency.

Patton knew handing Eastern Europe to Uncle Joe was one of the worst ideas in human history and made the US War effort a strategic failure

Patton was a buffoon when it came to recognizing the political realities of a situation. He was sequestered in a military mindset where the solution to every problem was to attack without regards to consequences.
Ike was afraid to let Patton speak because he was so simplistic in his evaluations of how to deal with US allies and the global situation.
History has shown that Ike was right and Patton was a childish self-centered ass

Again, total bullshit.

You know George C Scott was not really Patton, right?

Patton saw the future of Europe from how he was forced to prosecute the war and he didn't like it one bit and history has totally vindicated Patton's assessment

Patton knew Ike and FDR agreed to sell out Eastern Europe

Patton predicted Ike was going to run for the US Presidency.

Patton knew handing Eastern Europe to Uncle Joe was one of the worst ideas in human history and made the US War effort a strategic failure

Patton was a buffoon when it came to recognizing the political realities of a situation. He was sequestered in a military mindset where the solution to every problem was to attack without regards to consequences.
Ike was afraid to let Patton speak because he was so simplistic in his evaluations of how to deal with US allies and the global situation.
History has shown that Ike was right and Patton was a childish self-centered ass

Again, total bullshit.

Patton saw the future of Europe from how he was forced to prosecute the war and he didn't like it one bit and history has totally vindicated Patton's assessment

Patton had no concept of the political realities of Europe.........for that matter, he didn't care

Bullshit.

Patton for one wanted to beat the Soviets to Prague and Berlin and the Germans would have gladly helped him in that effort. But Ike was under orders from Stalin's favorite sock puppet, FDR, as to disposition of Europe; that is, Uncle Joe get a lot of the prime real estate. FDR was advised by Communist spies. Joe McCarthy told the embarrassing truth that USState was overrun with Communist spies. History bears out McCarthy.

In his journals and letter Patton calls WWII a huge strategic failure for the USA because it left "major European capitals in the hands of the descendants of Genghis Khan"

50 years later, thanks to Ronald Reagan, Eastern Europe broke the yoke of Communist oppression.

As much as I disagree with Rightwinger on most subjects in this instance he is 100% correct. Stalin and the Russians were paranoid, distrusting the west. They wanted those buffer states and they wanted them under their control. After WWII the soviets allowed themselves to be hemmed in and it was only later they started exporting communism (and armaments) mainly to develop trading partners but also to discomfort the west and in some instances cause open conflict. Of course we did the same.

Total baloney.

That is quite a buffer zone when one includes say, Cuba and Syria and Egypt.

They must have been paranoid about the dangers posed by Mars.

Obviously you missed what I wrote. Look at the second to last sentence, it covers Cuba, Syria and Egypt. Reading the whole post before making a unwise comment is, well, wise. Oh, and you might want to do some reading covering world history as relating to soviet Russia from 1918 through the 70s.
And yes, after WWII, they were paranoid about the dangers posed by Mars - The war god. At that point they were just as tired of war as everyone else.

Last edited:
As much as I disagree with Rightwinger on most subjects in this instance he is 100% correct. Stalin and the Russians were paranoid, distrusting the west. They wanted those buffer states and they wanted them under their control. After WWII the soviets allowed themselves to be hemmed in and it was only later they started exporting communism (and armaments) mainly to develop trading partners but also to discomfort the west and in some instances cause open conflict. Of course we did the same.

Total baloney.

That is quite a buffer zone when one includes say, Cuba and Syria and Egypt.

They must have been paranoid about the dangers posed by Mars.

Obviously you missed what I wrote. Look at the second to last sentence, it covers Cuba, Syria and Egypt. Reading the whole post before making a unwise comment is, well, wise. Oh, and you might want to do some reading covering world history as relating to soviet Russia from 1918 through the 70s.
And yes, after WWII, they were paranoid about the dangers posed by Mars - The war god. At that point they were just as tired of war as everyone else.

No, I didn't miss same.

"Reading the whole post before making a unwise comment is, well, wise."
That would be AN unwise comment, as is yours.

I considered the sentence to be that of an apologist for the inhuman, imperialist, totalitarian philosophy that is responsible for some hundrend million murders.
Nowhere do I find you taking those adverbs into consideration in your presentation, and felt the need to balance on the other side.

"Oh, and you might want to do some reading covering" the various command and control 'isms' up to and including Islamofascism.

BTW, Bugs is my fav.

Last edited:

Again, total bullshit.

Patton had no concept of the political realities of Europe.........for that matter, he didn't care

patton.jpg

Not Patton, just where most people get their misinformation.

Bullshit.

Patton for one wanted to beat the Soviets to Prague and Berlin and the Germans would have gladly helped him in that effort. But Ike was under orders from Stalin's favorite sock puppet, FDR, as to disposition of Europe; that is, Uncle Joe get a lot of the prime real estate. FDR was advised by Communist spies. Joe McCarthy told the embarrassing truth that USState was overrun with Communist spies. History bears out McCarthy.

In his journals and letter Patton calls WWII a huge strategic failure for the USA because it left "major European capitals in the hands of the descendants of Genghis Khan"

50 years later, thanks to Ronald Reagan, Eastern Europe broke the yoke of Communist oppression.

Patton was a great military leader. However, his combat losses at times were for meaningless territory at great loss. His ego put soldiers in the grave for no militaty reason at all many times.
McCarthy used the shotgun effect. Accuse EVERYONE and see what sticks. Roy Cohn was his assistant and accomplice at that along with Bobby Kennedy at times.
McCarthy could have cared less about the American doctrine of innocent until proven guilty. For every spy he may have revealed 1000 innocent people had their lives ruined.

Total left-wing pap.

1. McCarthy’s primary goal was not to expose individual Communists, he was simply demanding of the liberal establishment: Why were they sheltering traitors? It was the exact same point Eisenhower was making when he directed Attorney General Brownell to inform the public that President Truman had wittingly place a Soviet spy in a key position at the IMF… For decades, people who should not have been allowed anywhere a government job were strolling into sensitive positions with the US government. For the most part, accusations were not aimed at sending the accused to a gulag, only to private practice.

2. “A host of other right-wing Republicans had sought to dramatize the communism issue, but only McCarthy succeeded. And McCarthy succeeded while the others did not in part because of his thoroughgoing contempt for the rules of political controversy.”
Michael Paul Rogin, The Intellectuals and McCarthy: The Radical Specter, p. 251

He forced liberals to explain themselves in full view of the American people. So they made McCarthy the issue.

You are a fool. McCarthy brought in maids and janitors that worked for actors in Hollywood and claimed they were Soviet spies.
If you wanted to be part of ANY labor union in those times McCarthy claimed you were a communist agent.
He had no proof, NOT one bit of any proof and you are so ignorant you do not demand any proof.
Scary shit there. Would not want you on any jury. You do not need evidence and rely on ideology to base all of your opinions on.
I vote Republican 90% of the time so your "liberal" Bull Shit is par for the course for you.
But we are used to that. You have no understanding of the facts and are in denial of the facts so you regurgitate BS. It tastes bad I am sure but please dump it elsewhere. We deal in facts here.

Patton was a great military leader. However, his combat losses at times were for meaningless territory at great loss. His ego put soldiers in the grave for no militaty reason at all many times.
McCarthy used the shotgun effect. Accuse EVERYONE and see what sticks. Roy Cohn was his assistant and accomplice at that along with Bobby Kennedy at times.
McCarthy could have cared less about the American doctrine of innocent until proven guilty. For every spy he may have revealed 1000 innocent people had their lives ruined.

Total left-wing pap.

1. McCarthy’s primary goal was not to expose individual Communists, he was simply demanding of the liberal establishment: Why were they sheltering traitors? It was the exact same point Eisenhower was making when he directed Attorney General Brownell to inform the public that President Truman had wittingly place a Soviet spy in a key position at the IMF… For decades, people who should not have been allowed anywhere a government job were strolling into sensitive positions with the US government. For the most part, accusations were not aimed at sending the accused to a gulag, only to private practice.

2. “A host of other right-wing Republicans had sought to dramatize the communism issue, but only McCarthy succeeded. And McCarthy succeeded while the others did not in part because of his thoroughgoing contempt for the rules of political controversy.”

He forced liberals to explain themselves in full view of the American people. So they made McCarthy the issue.

You are a fool. McCarthy brought in maids and janitors that worked for actors in Hollywood and claimed they were Soviet spies.
If you wanted to be part of ANY labor union in those times McCarthy claimed you were a communist agent.
He had no proof, NOT one bit of any proof and you are so ignorant you do not demand any proof.
Scary shit there. Would not want you on any jury. You do not need evidence and rely on ideology to base all of your opinions on.
I vote Republican 90% of the time so your "liberal" Bull Shit is par for the course for you.
But we are used to that. You have no understanding of the facts and are in denial of the facts so you regurgitate BS. It tastes bad I am sure but please dump it elsewhere. We deal in facts here.

Let's just document how manipulated you have been...

You will be embarrassed by the time you think this through.
1. Explain what you mean by ruined, as in " For every spy he may have revealed 1000 innocent people had their lives ruined."
How is this: To harm irreparably.To reduce to poverty or bankruptcy. Not chagrined...not insulted....ruined!

2. Not 1000, I merely challenge you to document oh, say...ten? How about five...just five "innocent people [who] had their lives ruined"

Shall I tell you what I'll be saying about you if you cannot?

Gee, I hope Gadawg73 didn't run and hide....

It's been an hour since I challenged him to produce a mere five of the lives ruined by Senator McCarty...should be easy for a guy who claimed there were 'thousands.'

I guess the choice was to apologize and admit he was wrong...or to suddenly decide he needed to be elsewhere immediately.

The sound of crickets indicates the venue he chose.

Total left-wing pap.

Well, (sigh), I've been stood up...here it is two hours after I challenged dawgie to dance, to accept my challenge that he 'put up or..."

And he just 'shut up.' He must be an old soldier: he just faded away.

So, I guess I can go to this dance alone: and don't think I'm being catty...but....

1. "You are a fool." I'm going to define 'fool' as the one who makes a claim, re: Senator McCarty, and then cannot back it up.

2. "McCarthy brought in maids and janitors that worked for actors in Hollywood and claimed they were Soviet spies." Link? Names?

3. "If you wanted to be part of ANY labor union in those times McCarthy claimed you were a communist agent."
Many labor leaders were anti-communist, i.e. Walter Reuther.
a. . Some liberals were tougher then McCarthy was. In 1954, Senator Hubert Humphrey introduced a bill that would have outlawed the Communist Party. (Joshua Muravchik, “Seeing Red,” The National Interest, Fall 1996) BTW, it was the same year that the Senate voted to censure McCarthy.
Then there was Walter Reuther, a prominent figure in the anti-Communist left, who fought against communists in the labor unions, but also asked that McCarthy be censured.

b. An ally of the Communist Party in the 1930s, Reuther turned against the Communists in the 1940s, in part because he believed they subordinated the interests of the union and its members to that of the party and its Soviet sponsors. He supported the anti-communist provisions of the 1947 Taft-Hartley Act and in 1948 was a founding member of the staunchly anti-communist Americans for Democratic Action.
Walter Reuther (1907 - 1970)

So much for 'part of ANY labor union in those times McCarthy claimed you were a communist agent....' Another strike for the dawg.

3. This one is th best: "He had no proof, NOT one bit of any proof and you are so ignorant you do not demand any proof. " So when I ask for proof, and you have none, you pretty much fit "you are so ignorant ..."
You see, the Senator called folks to hearings, and not out of the phonebook. Rather, like this:
"Even after the scandal of the Rosenberg cell emerging from the Army, the Army was still employing security risks. Beginning in early 1953, for a whole year, Army intelligence issued urgent warnings about Captain Irving Peress, reports stating that Peress was an active member of the Communist Party, that he was “very disloyal and untrustworthy.” (Arthur Herman, Joseph McCarty: Reexamining the Life and Legacy of America’s Most Hated Senator, p. 248) McCarty exposed the Army’s stupidity in dealing with Peress.

How's that for indicia of guilt? Or is that "He had no proof, NOT one bit of any proof ..."
You dolt.

4. "Would not want you on any jury. You do not need evidence and rely on ideology to base all of your opinions on."
Let's analyze this one. First...jury. How does that apply to the good Senator? How many communists did he try? Convict?
None. He held hearings. He exposed the liberal establishment that allowed communists in sensitive postitions. He raised the issue of loyalty risks working for the government rather than proven cases of espionage. His argument was that there are many reasons that a person should not be handling classified material, far less than proof beyond a reasonable doubt that one was a Soviet spy.
Too bad dawgie didn't know this.

5. "You have no understanding of the facts and are in denial of the facts ..." Now, logically, can I be in both categories at the same time?
But, since the dawgie ran away, I can't match 'facts' with the boy...but if his post is any indication, he has none...Nor any brains.

6. And now, as I end this refrain, the winner in the category of unintentional humor- from the dawg's own mouth, so to speak...."We deal in facts here."

Fifty years of liberal propaganda got people thinking of Communist Party member as lovable idealists and the urge to fire them from their government jobs as an irrational anachronistic prejudice. Allowing card-carrying members of the Communist Party to handle classified material after the Alger Hiss case would be like encouraging al-Qaeda members to carry box cutters on airplanes after 9-11.
Luckily, an American hero, Senator Joseph McCarthy, turned the spotlight on the roaches, and watched them scurry.

Bullshit.

Congratulation.

You didn't get a single fucking thing right.

Had roles been reversed between Patton and Bradley: that is, had Bradley had command of Third Army and reported to Patton, the war in Europe would have ended at least a month sooner. First, Bradley actually stopped Patton from choking off the trapped German in the Falaise Pocket after Normandy and let them escape.

Second, instead of getting your information from a movie on Patton from Bradley POV, try reading a book or two on Patton.

Had Patton directed overall Allied strategy and operations, the US and British would be firmly in charge of Prague, Berlin and Vienna by no later than March 1945.

Since the Soviets weren't telling McCarthy who the spies were, I think he was correct to take it seriously and history has shown both how accurate he was and how acute the problem.

I got my information from men in Patton's unit.
McCarthy called Lena Horne, Charlie Chaplin, Arthur Miller, Leonard Bernstein, Lillian Hellman and hundreds of others in film, theatre and media before his "House Un American Activities Committee" accusing them,with no evidence of course as bozos like you require no evidence, of being communists and/or communist supporters.
You may believe Charlie Chaplin and Lena Horne werecommunist spies and I will allow you to be a dumbass and believe it.
However, I will always call you out and demand proof all the while allowing you to be a dumbass.
To date you have no proof.

Total left-wing pap.

Well, (sigh), I've been stood up...here it is two hours after I challenged dawgie to dance, to accept my challenge that he 'put up or..."

So, I guess I can go to this dance alone: and don't think I'm being catty...but....

1. "You are a fool." I'm going to define 'fool' as the one who makes a claim, re: Senator McCarty, and then cannot back it up.

2. "McCarthy brought in maids and janitors that worked for actors in Hollywood and claimed they were Soviet spies." Link? Names?

3. "If you wanted to be part of ANY labor union in those times McCarthy claimed you were a communist agent."
a. . Some liberals were tougher then McCarthy was. In 1954, Senator Hubert Humphrey introduced a bill that would have outlawed the Communist Party. (Joshua Muravchik, “Seeing Red,” The National Interest, Fall 1996) BTW, it was the same year that the Senate voted to censure McCarthy.
Then there was Walter Reuther, a prominent figure in the anti-Communist left, who fought against communists in the labor unions, but also asked that McCarthy be censured.

b. An ally of the Communist Party in the 1930s, Reuther turned against the Communists in the 1940s, in part because he believed they subordinated the interests of the union and its members to that of the party and its Soviet sponsors. He supported the anti-communist provisions of the 1947 Taft-Hartley Act and in 1948 was a founding member of the staunchly anti-communist Americans for Democratic Action.

So much for 'part of ANY labor union in those times McCarthy claimed you were a communist agent....' Another strike for the dawg.

3. This one is th best: "He had no proof, NOT one bit of any proof and you are so ignorant you do not demand any proof. " So when I ask for proof, and you have none, you pretty much fit "you are so ignorant ..."
You see, the Senator called folks to hearings, and not out of the phonebook. Rather, like this:
"Even after the scandal of the Rosenberg cell emerging from the Army, the Army was still employing security risks. Beginning in early 1953, for a whole year, Army intelligence issued urgent warnings about Captain Irving Peress, reports stating that Peress was an active member of the Communist Party, that he was “very disloyal and untrustworthy.” (Arthur Herman, Joseph McCarty: Reexamining the Life and Legacy of America’s Most Hated Senator, p. 248) McCarty exposed the Army’s stupidity in dealing with Peress.

How's that for indicia of guilt? Or is that "He had no proof, NOT one bit of any proof ..."
You dolt.

4. "Would not want you on any jury. You do not need evidence and rely on ideology to base all of your opinions on."
Let's analyze this one. First...jury. How does that apply to the good Senator? How many communists did he try? Convict?
None. He held hearings. He exposed the liberal establishment that allowed communists in sensitive postitions. He raised the issue of loyalty risks working for the government rather than proven cases of espionage. His argument was that there are many reasons that a person should not be handling classified material, far less than proof beyond a reasonable doubt that one was a Soviet spy.

5. "You have no understanding of the facts and are in denial of the facts ..." Now, logically, can I be in both categories at the same time?
But, since the dawgie ran away, I can't match 'facts' with the boy...but if his post is any indication, he has none...Nor any brains.

6. And now, as I end this refrain, the winner in the category of unintentional humor- from the dawg's own mouth, so to speak...."We deal in facts here."

Fifty years of liberal propaganda got people thinking of Communist Party member as lovable idealists and the urge to fire them from their government jobs as an irrational anachronistic prejudice. Allowing card-carrying members of the Communist Party to handle classified material after the Alger Hiss case would be like encouraging al-Qaeda members to carry box cutters on airplanes after 9-11.
Luckily, an American hero, Senator Joseph McCarthy, turned the spotlight on the roaches, and watched them scurry.

How old are you? Are you old enough to remember any of this?
McCarthy had a witch hunt. He called in Lena Horne and Charlie Chaplin along with hundreds of other actors, media, movie and television producers and workers and accused them, without any evidence of course as you never require any evidence,and accused them of being communist spies. You may be dumb enough to believe Lena Horne was a communist spy but I require evidence.
Many of these folks were black balled in the industry for over 15 years because of the commie label wrongly put on them.
Joseph McCarthy was a fraud and history proved it. Charlie Chaplin was not acommunist spy and there was never "over 200 spies actively working in Washington government" as McCarthy claimed.
Name 10 that McCarthy was right with that were communist spies actively working in government.
Reckless unsubstantiated accusations are not proof. show me proof. Many people lost employment, were wrongly imprisoned and were ruined for life because of these false claims of Joe McCArthy. In most cases just being subpoenaed before his committee was grounds for termination in most industries. Over 300 Hollywood actors were blackballed. Of course, if you did ANY research I would not have to do your homework for you.
He claimed "I have in my hand a piece ofpaper with the names of 205 working communists"
Uhh,who were they and HOW COME he never let that out??
McCarthy claimed that vaccinations, menatl health care services and fluoridation of water were communist plots on national TV and you believe it.
Scary shit there. Next time, do your homework. Joe McCarthy was a total fraud. Thank God for Republican Senator Margaret Chase Smith in 1950 when she denounced McCarthy as the filth that he was.
Wham it zero on set.

You dolt.

McCarthy had a witch hunt. He called in Lena Horne and Charlie Chaplin along with hundreds of other actors, media, movie and television producers and workers and accused them, without any evidence of course as you never require any evidence,and accused them of being communist spies. You may be dumb enough to believe Lena Horne was a communist spy but I require evidence.
Many of these folks were black balled in the industry for over 15 years because of the commie label wrongly put on them.
Joseph McCarthy was a fraud and history proved it. Charlie Chaplin was not acommunist spy and there was never "over 200 spies actively working in Washington government" as McCarthy claimed.
Name 10 that McCarthy was right with that were communist spies actively working in government.
Reckless unsubstantiated accusations are not proof. show me proof. Many people lost employment, were wrongly imprisoned and were ruined for life because of these false claims of Joe McCArthy. In most cases just being subpoenaed before his committee was grounds for termination in most industries. Over 300 Hollywood actors were blackballed. Of course, if you did ANY research I would not have to do your homework for you.
He claimed "I have in my hand a piece ofpaper with the names of 205 working communists"
McCarthy claimed that vaccinations, menatl health care services and fluoridation of water were communist plots on national TV and you believe it.
Scary shit there. Next time, do your homework. Joe McCarthy was a total fraud. Thank God for Republican Senator Margaret Chase Smith in 1950 when she denounced McCarthy as the filth that he was.
Wham it zero on set.

Dawgie...you've returned!

Well, you won't be happy about this reunion..since I'm going to show you up for the ignorant dolt that you are.
You see, a) I know more about the era than you do, even if I didn't live through it, and b) I didn't drink the kool-aid, as you clearly did.

Let's get it on:
1. Retract your earlier fraudulent smear of the good Senator or provide the proof of any innocent folk who were 'ruined' - your word- by the Senator.

2. "He called in..." This is your definition of 'ruined'? Called in?
How many went to prison? Any?
None?
Now, where does that leave you? I'm bettin' you weren't valedictorian...except maybe in summerschool.

3. At a time when the Soviet monsters were starving their farmers to death, and high officials in the US government were ready to bring Soviet communism here, you have the nerve to complain that some folks were 'called in.'

4. "Many of these folks were black balled in the industry for over 15 years because of the commie label wrongly put on them."
They hardly come any dumber than you...here you are as the typical poster with no knowledge, but plenty of strong views.

Hollywood Blacklisting had nothing to do with McCarthy. The ‘Hollywood Ten’ were called before the HUAC in 1947. McCarthy had just been elected to the Senate, and the Alger Hiss exposure, indictment and conviction occurred before McCarthy made his famous 1950 speech in Wheeling, West Virginia, before McCarthy did any investigating of Hollywood. When anti-communism took its toll in Hollywood, the blacklisting took the “deadly” form of not having ones name in the credits, or living in Paris, or not being able to sell a teleplay for as much as three years. This for folks who had no problem with Ukrainian farmers and their children eating their shoes.

Now, since I have yet to see any 'ruined lives' from you, here is one of your 'blackball victims'...let's see how smart this makes you appear:

From “blacklist survivor” Norma Barzman about her ‘exile’ in Paris: “We had dinner with Picasso every Tuesday night when we were at our country house in Provence. It was hard, but it was the time of my life.” (Dennis Hamilton, “Keeper of the Flame: A Blacklist Survivor,” Los Angeles Times, October 3, 2000) The horror, the horror.

“Ten Hollywood scribblers who subscribed to an ideology responsible for murder by the millions refused to admit their membership in the Communist Party to a House Committee. All they had to do was ‘fess up. But they felt they had the right not to tell the truth, so they were briefly jailed for contempt.” (Ann Coulter, “Treason,” p.77)
BTW, when the ‘Ten’ claimed a First Amendment right not to answer the House’s questions, the Supreme Court refused to even hear the case. (THE SUPREME COURT: The Hollywood Ten - TIME)

Realize how you've been played yet?

5. "Joseph McCarthy was a fraud and history proved it."
I forgive your ignorance, after all, it's not as though you know how to read and write...

Senator Joe McCarthy confronted government officials concealing communist involvement and excessively lax security with regards to Communists in sensitive U.S. Government posts. In many cases he was on target, with over 81 of the names he gave the Tydings committee resulting in resignations or movement of security risks. Given that over 200 of the spies uncovered in the Venona decrypts were never identified, we can only speculate as to the national security impact of removing Communists from key DoD and State Dept posts. Arthur Herman, author of "Joseph McCarthy: Reexamining the Life and Legacy of America's Most Hated Senator," says that the accuracy of McCarthy's charges "was no longer a matter of debate," that they are "now accepted as fact." And The New York Post's Eric Fettmann has noted: "growing historical evidence underscores that, whatever his rhetorical and investigative excesses - and they were substantial - McCarthy was a lot closer to the truth about Communism than were his foes."

6. I'm going to assume that you have not read the Venona Papers, or 'Denial,' by Haynes and Klehr...but that won't stop you from attacking the Senator, will it.
Here, from Haynes:

"In my view the American Communist party was a real danger to American democracy in the context of the early Cold War. Its chief threat was that of political subversion, not espionage. It is difficult to imagine that the political mobilization necessary for America’s commitment to the early Cold War would taken place had Communists and their allies retained the influence they had achieved in the labor movement and the broad New Deal coalition."
Return to Responses, Reflections and Occasional Papers

7. "Name 10 that McCarthy was right with that were communist spies actively working in government."
"Senator Joe McCarthy confronted government officials concealing communist involvement and excessively lax security with regards to Communists in sensitive U.S. Government posts. In many cases he was on target, with over 81 of the names he gave the Tydings committee resulting in resignations or movement of security risks." See above.

8. "Many people lost employment, were wrongly imprisoned and were ruined for life because of these false claims of Joe McCArthy."
Bogus...total left-wing propaganda.
Name them!
I dare you...Name them!

McCarthy also investigated various government agencies for Soviet spy rings; however, he acted as a political fact-finder rather than criminal prosecutor. Treason - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9. Oh...perhap you meant Woodrow Wilson...it's so close to the spelling of Joseph McCarthy:
Liberals tend to complain about the McCarthy period as if it were the darkest moment in American history, after slavery. But nothing happened …that remotely compares with what Wilson and his fellow progressives foisted on America. Under the Espionage Act of June 1917 and the Sedition Act of May 1918, any criticism of the government, even in your own home could earn you a prison sentence (a law Oliver Wendell Holmes upheld years after the war, arguing that such speech could be banned if it posed a ‘clear and present danger’). Schenck v. United States, 249 U.S. 47 (1919)

10 "Next time, do your homework. Joe McCarthy was a total fraud. "
No, friend, you are the fraud...and I shutter to think how many you have told these lies to.

Wise up....you owe me an apology.

You dolt.

Wham it zero on set.

Well, you won't be happy about this reunion..since I'm going to show you up for the ignorant dolt that you are.
You see, a) I know more about the era than you do, even if I didn't live through it, and b) I didn't drink the kool-aid, as you clearly did.

Let's get it on:
1. Retract your earlier fraudulent smear of the good Senator or provide the proof of any innocent folk who were 'ruined' - your word- by the Senator.

None?
Now, where does that leave you? I'm bettin' you weren't valedictorian...except maybe in summerschool.

3. At a time when the Soviet monsters were starving their farmers to death, and high officials in the US government were ready to bring Soviet communism here, you have the nerve to complain that some folks were 'called in.'

4. "Many of these folks were black balled in the industry for over 15 years because of the commie label wrongly put on them."
They hardly come any dumber than you...here you are as the typical poster with no knowledge, but plenty of strong views.

Hollywood Blacklisting had nothing to do with McCarthy. The ‘Hollywood Ten’ were called before the HUAC in 1947. McCarthy had just been elected to the Senate, and the Alger Hiss exposure, indictment and conviction occurred before McCarthy made his famous 1950 speech in Wheeling, West Virginia, before McCarthy did any investigating of Hollywood. When anti-communism took its toll in Hollywood, the blacklisting took the “deadly” form of not having ones name in the credits, or living in Paris, or not being able to sell a teleplay for as much as three years. This for folks who had no problem with Ukrainian farmers and their children eating their shoes.

Now, since I have yet to see any 'ruined lives' from you, here is one of your 'blackball victims'...let's see how smart this makes you appear:

From “blacklist survivor” Norma Barzman about her ‘exile’ in Paris: “We had dinner with Picasso every Tuesday night when we were at our country house in Provence. It was hard, but it was the time of my life.” (Dennis Hamilton, “Keeper of the Flame: A Blacklist Survivor,” Los Angeles Times, October 3, 2000) The horror, the horror.

“Ten Hollywood scribblers who subscribed to an ideology responsible for murder by the millions refused to admit their membership in the Communist Party to a House Committee. All they had to do was ‘fess up. But they felt they had the right not to tell the truth, so they were briefly jailed for contempt.” (Ann Coulter, “Treason,” p.77)
BTW, when the ‘Ten’ claimed a First Amendment right not to answer the House’s questions, the Supreme Court refused to even hear the case. (THE SUPREME COURT: The Hollywood Ten - TIME)

I forgive your ignorance, after all, it's not as though you know how to read and write...

Senator Joe McCarthy confronted government officials concealing communist involvement and excessively lax security with regards to Communists in sensitive U.S. Government posts. In many cases he was on target, with over 81 of the names he gave the Tydings committee resulting in resignations or movement of security risks. Given that over 200 of the spies uncovered in the Venona decrypts were never identified, we can only speculate as to the national security impact of removing Communists from key DoD and State Dept posts. Arthur Herman, author of "Joseph McCarthy: Reexamining the Life and Legacy of America's Most Hated Senator," says that the accuracy of McCarthy's charges "was no longer a matter of debate," that they are "now accepted as fact." And The New York Post's Eric Fettmann has noted: "growing historical evidence underscores that, whatever his rhetorical and investigative excesses - and they were substantial - McCarthy was a lot closer to the truth about Communism than were his foes."

6. I'm going to assume that you have not read the Venona Papers, or 'Denial,' by Haynes and Klehr...but that won't stop you from attacking the Senator, will it.
Here, from Haynes:

"In my view the American Communist party was a real danger to American democracy in the context of the early Cold War. Its chief threat was that of political subversion, not espionage. It is difficult to imagine that the political mobilization necessary for America’s commitment to the early Cold War would taken place had Communists and their allies retained the influence they had achieved in the labor movement and the broad New Deal coalition."

7. "Name 10 that McCarthy was right with that were communist spies actively working in government."
"Senator Joe McCarthy confronted government officials concealing communist involvement and excessively lax security with regards to Communists in sensitive U.S. Government posts. In many cases he was on target, with over 81 of the names he gave the Tydings committee resulting in resignations or movement of security risks." See above.

8. "Many people lost employment, were wrongly imprisoned and were ruined for life because of these false claims of Joe McCArthy."
Name them!
I dare you...Name them!

McCarthy also investigated various government agencies for Soviet spy rings; however, he acted as a political fact-finder rather than criminal prosecutor. Treason - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9. Oh...perhap you meant Woodrow Wilson...it's so close to the spelling of Joseph McCarthy:
Liberals tend to complain about the McCarthy period as if it were the darkest moment in American history, after slavery. But nothing happened …that remotely compares with what Wilson and his fellow progressives foisted on America. Under the Espionage Act of June 1917 and the Sedition Act of May 1918, any criticism of the government, even in your own home could earn you a prison sentence (a law Oliver Wendell Holmes upheld years after the war, arguing that such speech could be banned if it posed a ‘clear and present danger’). Schenck v. United States, 249 U.S. 47 (1919)

No, friend, you are the fraud...and I shutter to think how many you have told these lies to.

Very poorly constructed argument PC...well below your usual standards.

I don't know what your agenda is with this line of thought, but I imagine you are snickering at your keyboard.

Wham it zero on set.

Let's get it on:

None?

Here, from Haynes:

Name them!
I dare you...Name them!

I don't know what your agenda is with this line of thought, but I imagine you are snickering at your keyboard.

See, now you hurt my feelings...sort of. But I think there is a left-handed complement in there somewhere.

In defense, note that rather than my 'construction,' it was designed as a point-by-point refutation of dawgie's post.
But you are sooo perceptive i.e. "snickering at your keyboard."

A bit snippy...but he earned it: did you see the language he used in the original post? Naughty.

See, now you hurt my feelings...sort of. But I think there is a left-handed complement in there somewhere.

In defense, note that rather than my 'construction,' it was designed as a point-by-point refutation of dawgie's post.

bit snippy...but he earned it: did you see the language he used in the original post? Naughty.

Thats the point....you did not refute dawgys post.
It is obvious you are playing another one of your games with McCarthy to see who yo can get a rise out of

bit snippy...but he earned it: did you see the language he used in the original post? Naughty.

It is obvious you are playing another one of your games with McCarthy to see who yo can get a rise out of

While you are partially correct, what point has he made that were not destroyed?

You dolt.

Wham it zero on set.

Let's get it on:

None?

Here, from Haynes:

Name them!
I dare you...Name them!

Wow! I never seen a public spanking like that! WOW!

I have to rep you for the next 40 years! That was surgical!!

Wham it zero on set.

Let's get it on:

None?

Here, from Haynes:

Name them!
I dare you...Name them!

So obvious you didn't bother to read a single sentence of it before replying

While you are partially correct, what point has he made that were not destroyed?

I actually have a list of 200 names of people whose lives were destroyed by Joe McCarthy...

Do you need any more proof?

I actually have a list of 200 names of people whose lives were destroyed by Joe McCarthy...

Do you need any more proof?

Just get that tongue out of your cheek, mister!

Forum List

Back