On 9/11, a Telling Seven-Minute Silence

It always seems like someone knows a better solution or reaction when they are not in charge.

Originally posted by Metacom
It always seems like someone knows a better solution or reaction when they are not in charge.

Ah especially our friend, Flasher. Welcome Metacom.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Yeah, attack me.
If you scroll up you'll see that I simply asked a question to which I though Kathianne gave a good response.

Others, on the otherhand, favor rhetoric and attacks over sensible thought...

Pot kettle black lol

Can't even believe you had the nerve to say that.

I know what Kerry would have done on 9-11.He would got in his SUV (oopps I forgot he doesn't own one,his family does) flown to Washington in his wifes private air polluting jet,then he would ask a drunk senator Kennedy what to do!

Originally posted by Kathianne
And what would you and Michael Moore have had him do? Stand up with small children around him and say, "America has been attacked in NYC by jets. We don't know more than that, though there are many unconfirmed reports of more jets. I gotta go and get some real information."

That would have been just swell.

yup--I call it compassion for the children he was with and the silence is called "thinking". Don't think many of us looked "smart" when we heard and watched the news on 9/11. I'm sure I would have looked shocked for a lot more than 7 minutes. If this is the proof on how Moore is trying to portray Bush, I can spare myself form watching his "whatever he call it these days".

Originally posted by duke
I know what Kerry would have done on 9-11.He would got in his SUV (oopps I forgot he doesn't own one,his family does) flown to Washington in his wifes private air polluting jet,then he would ask a drunk senator Kennedy what to do!

flown in an suv? if John Kerry can do that he is pretty impressive. For some reason i think he would have a hard time driving it. He cant even eat a cheese steak normally you think he can drive a motor vehicle when he is driven around everyday?

7 mins? What the heck could the President have done in seven minutes? The best think he could have done was reassure the students. He didnt know anyone then. No one else did. What the heck was he suppposed to do without any information?

Originally posted by nycflasher
Bush's reaction after hearing the news of the attack. He doesn't move.

Instead he continues to sit in the classroom, listening to children read aloud. Moore lets the tape roll as the minutes pass painfully by.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A53548-2004Jun18?language=pri...

nycflasher,

I seriously can not fathom moore and yourself making an issue over seven minutes. You take monday morning quarterbacking to new heights. I am calling ESPN right now and giving them your bio.

I have a question for you. When you first heard of the "attacks", and I mean when you heard that planes had crashed into the WTC, what did you do in the first seven minutes? I know you are not the the Pres of USA, but honestly think about those minutes and what you did. For me, my best friend is an air traffic controller and he called me five minutes before the second plane hit the towers and told me that we might be under attack. I said maybe it was an accident, how could you know?? He said he was given info from the FAA of the possibility and then, BAM, the second the plane hit. It took me quite some time to let it all sink in. For me, 7 minutes is incredibly fast.

Like others have said, if he ran or seemed stressed, people would have said he was not in control, he can not handle unexpected situations. Bush handled the situation admirably. A CEO does not show stress in the face of danger, he allows those who have immediate responsibility (here military) to handle the situation. Imagine the situation if Bush immediatly got up and starting giving orders from the classroom. That would have been chaos and confusion. The military is there for a reason and those in the field or on the ground should be given some weight as to their decision. Hindsight is 20/20, let it go and move!

A CEO does not show stress in the face of danger, he allows those who have immediate responsibility (here military) to handle the situation

This is a concept that is foreign to someone like flasher, obviously he has never been in a position to have experience in this area. I would have thought he could have come to this conclusion from pure logic, but I guess this is not the case. Just another way to try and discredit Bush. Very sad indeed !

Like others have said, if he ran or seemed stressed, people would have said he was not in control, he can not handle unexpected situations.
That is what the liberals would do, but they would never admit it.

Originally posted by eric
This is a concept that is foreign to someone like flasher, obviously he has never been in a position to have experience in this area. I would have thought he could have come to this conclusion from pure logic, but I guess this is not the case. Just another way to try and discredit Bush. Very sad indeed !

I'm sure Flasher has been in that position before, does he let that cart keep going across the Wal-Mart parking lot to bash into the BMW in the 25 m.p.h. wind or does he let go of the 15 carts he has in line and let them bash into the old buick by him in order to save the BMW when he's on the job.

Because he is the leader of the free world after all and is ENTITLED to do whatever he needs to do for the good of the USA, here's my way to handle an emergency situation:

-You stand up, say excuse me you say 'I apologize, but I've got an emergency to tend to which simply can not wait', and then you calmly walk out to contact those who need to be contacted.
-You arrive at the conclusion that the news you've been given will surely enable the teachers and children to understand later. AND if you did it the way I've described, no one panics.

Except, we're apparently stuck with someone who knows not how to act/think on his feet unless someone is there to guide him through it.

In a managerial role, I've been in situations of obviously a much lesser level of importance, but my way is exactly how I reacted and it worked out just fine.

Originally posted by Yurt
nycflasher,

I seriously can not fathom moore and yourself making an issue over seven minutes. You take monday morning quarterbacking to new heights. I am calling ESPN right now and giving them your bio.

I have a question for you. When you first heard of the "attacks", and I mean when you heard that planes had crashed into the WTC, what did you do in the first seven minutes?

I ran up to my roof and watched in disbelief and horror. Then I hit speed dial on all my friends who lived or worked downtown.

Originally posted by SlappyJack
Because he is the leader of the free world after all and is ENTITLED to do whatever he needs to do for the good of the USA, here's my way to handle an emergency situation:

-You stand up, say excuse me you say 'I apologize, but I've got an emergency to tend to which simply can not wait', and then you calmly walk out to contact those who need to be contacted.
-You arrive at the conclusion that the news you've been given will surely enable the teachers and children to understand later. AND if you did it the way I've described, no one panics.

Except, we're apparently stuck with someone who knows not how to act/think on his feet unless someone is there to guide him through it.

That was kind of my thought. I just don't understand how you just SIT THERE upon hearing America is under attack. Couldn't he have at least left the room if only to pace back and forth while contemplating his next move? He must have been conjuring up the Force in some sort of Jedi way.

Originally posted by eric

Nope, never been a CEO or in the miltary.

Originally posted by OCA
I'm sure Flasher has been in that position before, does he let that cart keep going across the Wal-Mart parking lot to bash into the BMW in the 25 m.p.h. wind or does he let go of the 15 carts he has in line and let them bash into the old buick by him in order to save the BMW when he's on the job.

Good one, Ocra!:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back