Omnipresent Censorship On USMB...Is It Getting Out Of Control ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcfieldz

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2014
U.S.A.
Recently I revisited a thread to view responses only to find many, many posts had been deleted by an administrator. I took it as an attack or warning to posters that they are not wanted here. Seems to me if one can't relate to what people post, they can just find somewhere else to contribute. Am I missing something or am I right on target?

Recently I revisited a thread to view responses only to find many, many posts had been deleted by an administrator. I took it as an attack or warning to posters that they are not wanted here. Seems to me if one can't relate to what people post, they can just find somewhere else to contribute. Am I missing something or am I right on target?
Perhaps the censorship isn't all that omnipresent. I can't recall any in quite a while. Can you give some examples?

Anywhere there are moderators, some censorship will occur. Moderators have rules to guide them. Each interprets the rules according to their own understanding of the definitions entailed in the terms of the rules. Just like umpires in a baseball game, the strike zone varies depending on who's calling the game.

I don't make a habit of back-checking to see if my posts have been edited or deleted, but I sometimes do a 'print screen' to save a record of a post that even I think might raise the ire of some pansy-ass moderator.

The bell shaped curve dictates that no two moderators will react exactly the same to all posts.

...and then, once I thought a recently made post had been deleted...until I finally realized that I had neglected to click on POST REPLY. My draft was waiting....

Anywhere there are moderators, some censorship will occur. Moderators have rules to guide them. Each interprets the rules according to their own understanding of the definitions entailed in the terms of the rules. Just like umpires in a baseball game, the strike zone varies depending on who's calling the game.

I don't make a habit of back-checking to see if my posts have been edited or deleted, but I sometimes do a 'print screen' to save a record of a post that even I think might raise the ire of some pansy-ass moderator.

The bell shaped curve dictates that no two moderators will react exactly the same to all posts.

...and then, once I thought a recently made post had been deleted...until I finally realized that I had neglected to click on POST REPLY. My draft was waiting....
Perhaps someone will know when and where I was referring to. There was a post by a "moderator" all in red that explained the reason(?) why they had to delete dozens of posts. Ridiculous tactics by a egomaniacal person with delusions of grandeur. By deleting that number of posts seemed overly aggressive I do believe there was some hidden agenda or a God complex with the individual. The policing of a site has no limits as to the people running it decides. Although the title of this site leads one to believe that it respects the laws of the Nation it uses in it's title. Obviously it is false advertising.

Perhaps someone will know when and where I was referring to. There was a post by a "moderator" all in red that explained the reason(?) why they had to delete dozens of posts. Ridiculous tactics by a egomaniacal person with delusions of grandeur. By deleting that number of posts seemed overly aggressive I do believe there was some hidden agenda or a God complex with the individual. The policing of a site has no limits as to the people running it decides. Although the title of this site leads one to believe that it respects the laws of the Nation it uses in it's title. Obviously it is false advertising.
Well, the moderator's note was likely accompanied by the moderator's name. You could easily start a private conversation with that moderator and ask what the issue was. It is not a good idea to attack moderators in the open forums. You could get yourself BANNED.

God forbid you should be banned from a place that you don't like.

The reason posts are removed from view is really simple: Not following the RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back