OMG What will the Evangelicals think?

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
Dr. James C. Dobson said:
"In the 32-year history of Focus on the Family, we have offered prayer, counseling and resource assistance to tens of thousands of parents and children in the same situation the Palins are now facing. We have always encouraged the parents to love and support their children and always advised the girls to see their pregnancies through, even though there will of course be challenges along the way. That is what the Palins are doing, and they should be commended once again for not just talking about their pro-life and pro-family values, but living them out even in the midst of trying circumstances. Being a Christian does not mean you're perfect. Nor does it mean your children are perfect. But it does mean there is forgiveness and restoration when we confess our imperfections to the Lord. I've been the beneficiary of that forgiveness and restoration in my own life countless times, as I'm sure the Palins have. The media are already trying to spin this as evidence Gov. Palin is a 'hypocrite,' but all it really means is that she and her family are human. They are in my prayers and those of millions of Americans."

Dobson on Bristol Palin's pregnancy: Political Punch

Meanwhile, Obama's "bounce" continues to dwindle away :eusa_clap:

NEXT...

"Let me be a clear as possible: I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people's families are off limits, and people's children are especially off limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor, or her potential performance as a vice president.

"And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18, and how a family deals with issues and, you know, teenage children, that shouldn't be the topic of our politics and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that's off limits."

--Barak Obama

"Let me be a clear as possible: I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people's families are off limits, and people's children are especially off limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor, or her potential performance as a vice president.

"And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18, and how a family deals with issues and, you know, teenage children, that shouldn't be the topic of our politics and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that's off limits."

--Barak Obama

and once again he reinforces WHY I support him as President!

--Barak Obama
too bad you dont have as much class as he has, isnt it?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
It's the Bush method - stay above the fray and let your minions sling feces.

hmm I don't recall Bush ever making such a strong public statement when McCain was being so harshly attacked back in 2000. If you can find it, I'll eat my words.

hmm I don't recall Bush ever making such a strong public statement when McCain was being so harshly attacked back in 2000. If you can find it, I'll eat my words.
then your memory is faulty
he publicly denounced it

Let's stick to the real candidates.

McCain denounced attacks against Obama's heritage, use of his middle name, and his association with Muslims.

McCain also defended John Kerry in 2004 from the Swift Boat attacks.

Being a Christian does not mean you're perfect. Nor does it mean your children are perfect. But it does mean there is forgiveness and restoration when we confess our imperfections to the Lord.

Where is the "Christlike" forgiveness when they deal with the left? This man is no more than a religious opportunist making millions off the preaching of the lord.

Forum List

Back