OMG, Now We Have "White Language Supremacy"? Just Shoot Me Now

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I kid you not. American university has to be among the worst in the USA, worse than any other Ivey League piece of shyte U, that is for sure.

American University Tells Faculty to Disregard 'Quality' of Writing When Grading | Breitbart

This plenary will argue against the use of conventional standards in college courses that grade student writing by single standards. Inoue will discuss the ways that White language supremacy is perpetuated in college classrooms despite the better intentions of faculty, particularly through the practices of grading writing.

The seminar, which is entitled “Grading Ain’t Just Grading: Rethinking Writing Assessment Ecologies Towards Antiracist Ends,” will include several events that focus on “antiracist” writing styles.

This workshop will engage participants in rethinking what standards for writing in their courses could be and how those standards can be assessed and graded most meaningfully for students. It will offer a brief account of two antiracist writing assessment practices, and consider one more carefully, dimension-based rubrics for writing assignments. When used in particular ways, this rubric can be a way to acknowledge the diverse range of readers in any classroom. It also can resist the negative effects of grading by a single standard that most conventional rubrics and scoring guides embody.

The event seemingly suggests that any and all language standards are oppressive to students who did not receive the high-quality childhood education of their peers.​

Word usage exam...

1. Hotel -
I gave my girlfriend crabs, and the ho tell everybody.

2. Dictate -
My girlfriend say my dictate good.

3. Catacomb -
I saw Don King at da fight the other night. Man, somebody
get that catacomb.

4. Foreclose -
If I pay alimony today, I got no money foreclose.

5. Rectum -
I had two Cadillac's, but my bitch rectum both.

6. Disappointment -
My parole officer tol' me if I miss disappointment they
gonna send me back to the joint.

7. Penis -
I went to the doctors and he handed me a cup and said penis.

8. Israel -
Tito try to sell me a Rolex. I say, "man, it look fake."
He say, "Bullshit, that watch israel".

9 . Undermine -
There's a fine lookin' ho living in the apartment undermine.

10. Acoustic -
When I was little, my uncle bought me acoustic, and took me
to the poolhall.

11. Iraq -
When we got to the poolhall, I tol' my uncle; iraq, you
break.

12. Stain -
My mother-in-law stopped by and I axed her, "Do you plan on
stain for dinner?"

13. Fortify -
I axed this ho on da street, "how much?" she say "fortify."

14. Income -