OMG! I like Bernie's idea for free college, with a few tweeks...

Do you support a Wall Street "transaction tax" to help fund college and job training?

• No, I like the current student loan system

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Yes, I like the idea of stopping high speed traders and funding college and job training

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
There is actually a 5th flaw in all of their plans...

They all keep telling folks they will eliminate student debt and make college tuition free. I just want to know who is going to foot the
bill for books, room and board?

The same people that foot the bill for roads, police, fire department, k-12 education...etc...etc...

Other people's kid's education isn't my responsibility

and yet you pay for it anyhow. how do you think the schools in your local area are funded..you are paying for them like everyone else.

Dipshit the thread is on college. Stick your straw man up your ass

what difference does it make, you are still paying for other people's kid's education

Again fool, the thread is on college. Sit down with your infernal trolling already

The same people that foot the bill for roads, police, fire department, k-12 education...etc...etc...

and yet you pay for it anyhow. how do you think the schools in your local area are funded..you are paying for them like everyone else.

what difference does it make, you are still paying for other people's kid's education

Again fool, the thread is on college. Sit down with your infernal trolling already

you are making a distinction without a difference.

I actually like the funding mechanism for Bernie's "free college" plan, but with a few tweaks...
Sanders Panders: Four Flaws In Bernie Sanders' Higher Education Plan

1. Lets say that the 1st 2-years of college, including community colleges and trade schools are free, with an emphasis on job training for filling real jobs that need workers.

2. The 2nd 2-years funding are "means tested" and also "grade tested" so that marginal students are weeded out and the wealthy don't need help. Also, "careers that are needed" get more funding than careers that have poor job prospects.

3. Grad school funding is for the brightest and filling needed jobs, such as doctors.

4. The colleges need to control costs and do not get funding for any students that flunk out. Price controls may need to be imposed so that colleges use their "endowment funds" to help students.

What's the downside? Hopefully stopping the high speed traders that don't "invest" but simply skim money from our 401k's and IRA's.

Here's my tweak. Ball it up and toss it in the trash where it belongs. Collectivism in all its forms is a hoax. It has never has worked, can't work and never will work. It's contrary to both human nature and mother nature. Get a clue, stupid. It's just run out to suck in shitforbrains like you who can't apply logic, reason or learn from history.

What about people who don't go to College?

Can they borrow $100k and not pay it back?

Can they attend a 2 year fuck-fest, all expenses paid?

dimocrap scum are doing a fantastic job of creating even more division in this Country.
Thanks for your opinion Jethro.

We'll let you know when you can leave the cuckshed. So just shut up and watch The View

I actually like the funding mechanism for Bernie's "free college" plan, but with a few tweaks...

1. Lets say that the 1st 2-years of college, including community colleges and trade schools are free, with an emphasis on job training for filling real jobs that need workers.

2. The 2nd 2-years funding are "means tested" and also "grade tested" so that marginal students are weeded out and the wealthy don't need help. Also, "careers that are needed" get more funding than careers that have poor job prospects.

3. Grad school funding is for the brightest and filling needed jobs, such as doctors.

4. The colleges need to control costs and do not get funding for any students that flunk out. Price controls may need to be imposed so that colleges use their "endowment funds" to help students.

What's the downside? Hopefully stopping the high speed traders that don't "invest" but simply skim money from our 401k's and IRA's.

Here's my tweak. Ball it up and toss it in the trash where it belongs. Collectivism in all its forms is a hoax. It has never has worked, can't work and never will work. It's contrary to both human nature and mother nature. Get a clue, stupid. It's just run out to suck in shitforbrains like you who can't apply logic, reason or learn from history.

So, I assume you are then against all forms of public education for any age?

This is the pure hypocrisy of the SCUM OF THE EARTH dimocrap FILTH party.

They love telling us how much more the average College Graduate makes than the person whose parents couldn't afford to send them away to Fuck Camp for -- However many years.

Pay gap between college grads and everyone else at a record

And now they want those who couldn't go to College for one reason or another to pay for those who can so they can enjoy their SUCK-FEST without worrying about paying for it?

dimocraps truly are the scum of the fucking Earth.

They just simply don't care about the average America.

you are making a distinction without a difference.
Not really.

The idea behind public education is that everyone requires at least a basic understanding of core subjects to be an effective member of society. College is above and beyond that basic education for those areas that require more. Not everyone requires college and we really need to stop this failed narrative that they do.

Free stuff Democrats.

Let's give middle-class money to those who make poor decisions & cannot take control of their own money.

Let's give middle-class money to those who weren't slaves, but might have been had they been born 170 years ago.

Let's give middle-class money to LGBT who might have been married when gay marriage was not allowed.

Why is it conservatives never complain about the cost of war but when it comes to something that helps people all they do is whine?

What about people who don't go to College?

Can they borrow $100k and not pay it back?

Can they attend a 2 year fuck-fest, all expenses paid?

dimocrap scum are doing a fantastic job of creating even more division in this Country.

Tax trillions out of the economy and there will be no negative impact? These idiots should not be allowed to vote. Offer people $100k free for college or $100k free to start a small business and watch college enrollment for their worthless degrees plummet.

Why is it conservatives never complain about the cost of war but when it comes to something that helps people all they do is whine?

Because, hopefully you'll get drafted and used to clear a minefield

They all keep telling folks they will eliminate student debt and make college tuition free. I just want to know who is going to foot the

Oh goody, more money for nothing.

Attachments

• 64738626_1040135499524472_4389762605816741888_n.jpg
    64738626_1040135499524472_4389762605816741888_n.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 13

That's a lot of "opinion" without any "here's a better idea".
Family formation is down, robotics is on the horizon, kids are living in their parent's basements because they can't find decent jobs. The dems want open borders, so forget about making any money or getting benefits for most jobs. Colleges are allowing the undocumented in without paying.

The funding mechanism is sound, it works in many countries. Its how you prioritize where the $240b a year is spent, and giving kids a decent shot at success seems like a good idea to me. Agreed that it should be run at the state level and not the federal level. The DOE gets the "transaction tax" money and grants it out to the states.

Oh goody, more money for nothing.

Its not money for nothing, its money for schooling or training to get a decent job.

Hopefully stopping the high speed traders that don't "invest" but simply skim money from our 401k's and IRA's.

Can you explain how a high speed trader skims money from my 401K? Thanks.

Hopefully stopping the high speed traders that don't "invest" but simply skim money from our 401k's and IRA's.

Can you explain how a high speed trader skims money from my 401K? Thanks.

High speed traders "steal from our 401k's" by skimming money from the pie instead of growing the pie. The high speed traders do nothing to help the stock market valuations or other long-term investors. If they "bought and held" stock like the rest of us it would help everyone. I'm not a fan of short-sellers either. A small transaction tax hopefully makes high speed trading unprofitable.

Forum List

Back