OMG! I flipped someone the bird the other day...

I want the trick mirror. You know, the one that when you're driving down a lonely road at night and the big truck comes up right behind you shining his brights right in your eye? You just push a button and your mirror moves to the exact position that flashes that light right back in his eyes.

My friend justs shuts off his headlights when they are coming right at him like that--works like a charm. ( and scares the crap out of you )

Perhaps you're right. Still he obviously does subscribe to the virtue of selfishness, which Any Rand so beautifully turned into the mantra of that ilk.

Aren't I free to do that?

What are you some kind of collectivist trying to limit my god given freedoms by imposing your PC rules on me or something?

No doubt he's a big fan of Fox.

I so totally agree.

This society can only support so many libertarians before it falls into choas.

Your argument is tortuous at best; in fact it's simply absurd.

If you're burning to discuss politics, please do so in a more cogent manner.

What does FOX News have to do with the double parking? And BTW, every study shows that FOX cable viewers are the most informed, the most astute, and highly educated.

And those who watch MSNBC spend most of the time wiping drool off their chin.

I was in a particularly bad mood yesterday and I was driving with my daughter in the back seat and there was this black sportscar double parked causing all kinds of havoc on a very busy street.

He didn't even have the courtesy of pulling over all the way. I saw red and started beeping my horn, continuously, without stopping. It was 2 minutes before I could pass him. When I passed by, I wanted leave him a little memento for his kindness so I gave him my dainty finger. He was way ahead of me. He had his finger up already...

Life in Brooklyn. That was a good laugh.

I'm not sure why this is an "OMG!" thing.:confused: I flip people off all the time.:lol:

I'm not sure why this is an "OMG!" thing.:confused: I flip people off all the time.:lol:

Yeah, I even hesitated doing it being that my nine-year old was in the back seat. That's exactly what I need -- my little girl flipping the bird when she gets pissed off. She's the sweetest. She thinks "stupid" is a bad word. She refers to it as the "s" word...

Yeah, I even hesitated doing it being that my nine-year old was in the back seat. That's exactly what I need -- my little girl flipping the bird when she gets pissed off. She's the sweetest. She thinks "stupid" is a bad word. She refers to it as the "s" word...

damn--now you have to apologize to Eots too-----that's gonna suck :lol:

USMB will be the ruin of me. I was so completely innocent when I came this board. Couple months later, I'm cursing and using crude finger gestures. What will be next?

There are some people who are too stupid to drive. I just recently returned from a trip that took me through some small towns in Texas on 2-lane roads. There was some lady in a van that would not pass this dually for whatever reason, yet decided to tailgate him. Everyone behind her could not pass because there was never enough time to pass two cars (her and the dually). If she had only provided enough room for people to pass her and then the dually, all would have been fine. After about 60 miles of this, we finally entered a town and could pass her. I thought maybe she was driving with the guy in the dually which might explain why she was so close to him, but they went their separate ways.

And then there was this lady who would drive real fast on the straight-aways so you couldn't pass her, but slow down to about 5 mph when taking the curves. Very frustrating.

Mere basics. Wait'll we teach some REAL stuff.:badgrin:

My goodness I'm getting scared. I better stay away before I become the modern day Hester Prynne.

361049748_5dc5f34818.jpg

The virtue of selfishness once again manifesting in our lives.

Your double parker was probably a big fan of Ayn Rand.

He was there first, ergo you are just a collectivist parasite attempting to thrwart his god given freedom to do whatever the fuck he pleases, regardless of his effect on the commonweal.

Nice try, Ed. Libertarians argue for their freedoms only when they aren't at someone else's expense.

You know better.

Forum List

Back