OMG! I, as an American, must get PERMISSION to work or travel in Mexico?

FifthColumn

Rookie
Jan 11, 2011
Here it is, Folks! Right from LA RAZA's mouth:

Visas for foreigners (INM)
Effective March 1, 2010 U.S. citizens traveling to Mexico as tourists must present a valid passport or passport card to the immigration authority at the point of entry to Mexico.

U.S. citizens living in the border area with Mexico may cross the border without these documents. Nevertheless, they should present them if they are traveling 20 miles or more, beyond the border into Mexico, in the designated checkpoints.

U.S. citizens entering Mexico by sea may enter without such documents if they are visiting port towns for a short visit. They should present a valid passport or passport card if they travel beyond these port towns.

Hmmm. Why do Americans traveling in Mexico have to present so much documentation when Mexicans traveling in the United States are so upset at just being asked if they belong in the US?:eek:

How can I get permission to work in Mexico?
You must get permission from the INM to reside in Mexico and authorization to do paid work. You must demonstrate that you have a job offer from a Mexican business or institute.

Consult the requirements or go to any INM delegation in Mexico for more details about what is required.

You mean Americans must prove they were invited into Mexico and are not a financial burden?:eek:

What documentation do I need to study in Mexico?
You need to get a student visa from the INM by demonstrating that you are enrolled in a Mexican school and that you have sufficient financial resources to fund your stay.

Consult the section on requirements or go to any INM delegation in Mexico to find out about the specific requirements

You mean American students must pay for their own education and must feed and clothe themselves with their own money?:eek:

Consular Services

-----------------------------------------------------

Gosh! It would be much simpler to just act stupid and let the world take care of me. But Americans don't get that priviledge like third world helper monkeys do.:eusa_shhh:

You won't get any response from the left, who also deny that the illegal alien element is also a criminal element.

You won't get a response because there is none.

This is the way it is in most of the world. America needs to wise up, fast.

By the way, Mexico has the Military at it's southern border, we should too.

Effective March 1, 2010 U.S. citizens traveling to Mexico as tourists must present a valid passport or passport card to the immigration authority at the point of entry to Mexico.

U.S. citizens living in the border area with Mexico may cross the border without these documents. Nevertheless, they should present them if they are traveling 20 miles or more, beyond the border into Mexico, in the designated checkpoints.

U.S. citizens entering Mexico by sea may enter without such documents if they are visiting port towns for a short visit. They should present a valid passport or passport card if they travel beyond these port towns.

Hmmm. Why do Americans traveling in Mexico have to present so much documentation when Mexicans traveling in the United States are so upset at just being asked if they belong in the US?:eek:

You must get permission from the INM to reside in Mexico and authorization to do paid work. You must demonstrate that you have a job offer from a Mexican business or institute.

Consult the requirements or go to any INM delegation in Mexico for more details about what is required.

You mean Americans must prove they were invited into Mexico and are not a financial burden?:eek:

You need to get a student visa from the INM by demonstrating that you are enrolled in a Mexican school and that you have sufficient financial resources to fund your stay.

Consult the section on requirements or go to any INM delegation in Mexico to find out about the specific requirements

You mean American students must pay for their own education and must feed and clothe themselves with their own money?:eek:

Consular Services

Gosh! It would be much simpler to just act stupid and let the world take care of me. But Americans don't get that priviledge like third world helper monkeys do.:eusa_shhh:

Careful all the left asswipes on this board will call you a racist and a bigot.. You don't really mind that do you?

Consular Services

:lol:

Imagine that!

You won't get any response from the left, who also deny that the illegal alien element is also a criminal element.

You are 100% correct on this, I think, but if we are making law based on what Mexico does or does not do is simply mindless.

You are 100% correct on this, I think, but if we are making law based on what Mexico does or does not do is simply mindless.
i'd have no problem enforcing a reciprocal Mexican law on Mexican citizens illegally in this country

Americans can do the same as the illegal Mexicans do and just sneak accross and risk being caught by the Mexican authorities as an illegal immigrant if they choose to do so.

this is a bogus spun up thread.

Tell that to my Hispanic neighbors, both anchor born, who have more money than the rest of the block put together, and think the Tea Party is the second coming of the Founders! :lol:

Americans can do the same as the illegal Mexicans do and just sneak accross and risk being caught by the Mexican authorities as an illegal immigrant if they choose to do so.

how is it "bogus spin"?

how is it "bogus spin"?

Mexicans if they do it legally have to do similar stuff to work up here.

Mexico is entiltled to protect their borders and guard against illegal immigrants and such.

Last edited:

how is it "bogus spin"?

Mexicans if they do it legally have to do similar stuff to work up here.

Mexico is entiltled to protect their borders and guard against illegal immigrants and such.
which is the point
so are we

Sure, Americans could try it. But Mexco's immigration policies and enforcement practices are much tougher than those of the US. It's much more difficult to get away with illegal immigration in Mexico. Being in Mexico illegally is a felony under their laws (funny how the Mexican government threw a fit when Congress wanted to do the same in this country a few years back) and Mexico deports more illegals each year than the US does. American immigration policy, in comparison, is pretty pathetic. Yet Mexico constantly complains when we do anything to try and improve our shoddy immigration policies and practices.

Try sneaking into any other country in the world without documentation. Al Gore sent a couple of girls into North Korea to do research for his media outlet and they were cought and sentenced to 10 years at hard labor. In other countries you might be executed. Illegal criminal aliens get educated and free medical care and a drivers license in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave thanks to the skewed logic of the democrat party.

Forum List

Back