OMG: I agreed with Michael Moore just now on CNN

hey how come Moore neglected to show the parts of Cuba who have half-assed medical care?......just the other day on the BBC they were showing this.....those people cant even get stuff like Neosporin for minor wounds.....WHY?....

Hell, according to some accounts I've been reading, Cubans are having a hard time getting rice and beans these days. Seriously.

First, morality is not a function of the state. Once the state tells us how to behave in a moral context, I ask what freedoms have been erased.

But the bigger point is: you seem to think that if companies just made more profits, they could avoid such accidents as the BP spill. Well, if BP had followed all the regulations and accepted industry practices rather than cut corners in order to .....wait for it....make a larger profit, we would not be discussing a massive oil spill and how to stop it.

As soon as you get your nose from the rectum of corner-cutting corporations, the ridiculous notion of turning those companies loose to reap profit at the expense of health, safety and the environment will become crystal clear.

But isn't it the government's job (MMS) to make sure that the BPs follow those regulations? Fail on both sides, imo.
Then you would not be opposed to funding the EPA and the MMS so an adequate number of inspectors may oversee operations?

If a corporation isn't going to do what it should on it's own -- I've stated several times on here that BP should have drilled relief wells when the original wells were drilled as a back up safety precaution, regardless of the 'one in a million chance' of something going wrong and regardless of whether it was required to do so, per regulations -- then yes. Problem is, MMS and BP were in bed together, deals made, inspections ignored or over looked, etc. How to ensure that MMS does it's job? How to rid the corruption? What happens when the over-seers don't do their job? What about enforcing existing regulations before adding more?

Last edited:
Do you have any idea why the insurance corporations and Wall Street lobbyists went after Moore's movie 'Sicko'?...because he was telling the TRUTH...

Sure he did. I am all psyched up to go over to Cuba now and get all my medical care from there.

Here are your options: Listen to what Wendell Potter, an insurance company insider has to say, or be a pea brain...

It appears you already made your choice. And your self description is bullshit...you are just another right wing pea brain...

Can you explain 'medical loss ratio' and how it is REAL death panels brought about by Wall Street investors?

Didn't think so...
I do not know why I bother since you are one of the biggest hacks here but....
You have no idea what the statistics mean in the HC field. There are no standards by which we these things are measured between nations and the insane practices of some of those liberal utopias are downright scary. I guess that matters not to you though, as long as some random statistic supports the erosion of your society into the utopia that you believe in it is all just fine. The facts are there, you appeal to a bullshit movie where Michael Moore does nothing less than commit a bald-faced LIE about the wonders of the Cuban medical system and then appeal to name calling. I am not the pea brain here, I can look beyond the bullshit that is force fed to me. I have been around the world and experienced firsthand the medical system in Germany (another one of the utopian systems) and can unequivocally say that I am quite pleased with the care here. This is not a discussion of the medical system anyway, just could not let that bullshit slide.

Michael Moore's fat bloated self was on CNN a few minutes ago. Larry King asked him about the oil spill.

Moore kinda got teary eyed looking, gazed up and away from the camera, and just began speaking with wonder saying "You know, this is America, that was a 7 inch hole, 36 inches tall....the pipe was 36 inches....and it took us 90 days to plug it"......"What happened to us? We're America, what happened.....nothing works anymore" (he then blasted oil companies and corporations for having so much power)

Well, Mr. Moore, I agree with you. WHAT happened to "us"? Our morality went down the crapper for one. Thats why people act the way they act these days. Values like modesty, integrity, selflessness and thrift have been thrown out the window.
"Values" is why we couldn't fix the hole? This whole statement is meaningless rhetoric. What the hell do you mean "modesty, integrity and selflessness have been thrown out the window"?

As for why we couldn't fix the hole quicker, well, it takes research and development to make technological leaps like that. It takes............GASP:eek:............PROFIT to fund R&D. Oil companies need......gasp.....profits to pay for extracirricular research and development. We need things like NASA, yes the same NASA whose budget Obama just slashed and who he told their job would be to make Muslims feel good about themselves.
You mean like the 45 BILLION dollars in profits that BP made in 2009? Or the 25 billion in 2008?

Mr. Moore, we need evil, greedy, profit driven corporations like Boeing, Locheed-Martin, Microsoft, Exxon, and yes, even the diabolical Haliburton, to turn big profits so they can field research and development teams to come up with innovations to tend to future unforseen problems.
These companies all exist. They all made tremendous profits in the last 5 years. If that's the answer, why didn't we fix the hole for 90 days?

It takes big profits in the medical field for them to fund studies and experiments to innovate and create new medicines and cures. Evil, stinking slimey profits.

Mr. Moore is right. "What happened to us"? We have fallen. In innovation, in morality, in manners, all as the country has slowly drifted more and more liberal.

Mr. Moore asks "What happened to us" and he'll probably blast conservatives next for wanting to "take us backwards". Backwards sounds pretty good some days.

Backwards towards the 90s, back during the largest growth period in history? Back when Clinton was President?

If profits are the answer, why don't we have answers? Because we sure do have profits.

Michael Moore's fat bloated self was on CNN a few minutes ago. Larry King asked him about the oil spill.

Moore kinda got teary eyed looking, gazed up and away from the camera, and just began speaking with wonder saying "You know, this is America, that was a 7 inch hole, 36 inches tall....the pipe was 36 inches....and it took us 90 days to plug it"......"What happened to us? We're America, what happened.....nothing works anymore" (he then blasted oil companies and corporations for having so much power)

Well, Mr. Moore, I agree with you. WHAT happened to "us"? Our morality went down the crapper for one. Thats why people act the way they act these days. Values like modesty, integrity, selflessness and thrift have been thrown out the window.

As for why we couldn't fix the hole quicker, well, it takes research and development to make technological leaps like that. It takes............GASP:eek:............PROFIT to fund R&D. Oil companies need......gasp.....profits to pay for extracirricular research and development. We need things like NASA, yes the same NASA whose budget Obama just slashed and who he told their job would be to make Muslims feel good about themselves.

Mr. Moore, we need evil, greedy, profit driven corporations like Boeing, Locheed-Martin, Microsoft, Exxon, and yes, even the diabolical Haliburton, to turn big profits so they can field research and development teams to come up with innovations to tend to future unforseen problems.

It takes big profits in the medical field for them to fund studies and experiments to innovate and create new medicines and cures. Evil, stinking slimey profits.

Mr. Moore is right. "What happened to us"? We have fallen. In innovation, in morality, in manners, all as the country has slowly drifted more and more liberal.

Mr. Moore asks "What happened to us" and he'll probably blast conservatives next for wanting to "take us backwards". Backwards sounds pretty good some days.
First, morality is not a function of the state. Once the state tells us how to behave in a moral context, I ask what freedoms have been erased.

But the bigger point is: you seem to think that if companies just made more profits, they could avoid such accidents as the BP spill. Well, if BP had followed all the regulations and accepted industry practices rather than cut corners in order to .....wait for it....make a larger profit, we would not be discussing a massive oil spill and how to stop it.

As soon as you get your nose from the rectum of corner-cutting corporations, the ridiculous notion of turning those companies loose to reap profit at the expense of health, safety and the environment will become crystal clear.

Ah.............just the leftist answer I was expecting.

If the folks at BP had any morals and personal integrity, they wouldn't have committed all those infractions. That comes before profit.

You said "Morality isn't a function of the state". No. See, you are like all leftists thinking "State first, individual second". The state cannot force morality, but can take away the vessels individuals have to teach it. Taking God out of schools. Allowing lawsuits against teachers who dare discipline students. Liberals promoting as much sex, profanity and drug use in society as possible. Destroying the structure of the nuclear family. . Etc, etc, etc.

Morality starts at home, within the family, and extends to the schools. Thats how kids learn morality and integrity. But that process has been destroyed by the liberal movement. Thus, we have generations of children who grew up to be adults with no freakin' morality or integrity. Thus, corrupt people in business. Profits don't make the CEO's bad. Bad morality and integrity makes the CEO bad, and any person bad.

A good person in a position of power in a company will use profits wisely and responsibly. Thats why there are bad companies who do bad shit, like BP, and good ones who do great things, like Chic-Fil-A, Whole Foods, etc.

But isn't it the government's job (MMS) to make sure that the BPs follow those regulations? Fail on both sides, imo.
Then you would not be opposed to funding the EPA and the MMS so an adequate number of inspectors may oversee operations?

If a corporation isn't going to do what it should on it's own -- I've stated several times on here that BP should have drilled relief wells when the original wells were drilled as a back up safety precaution, regardless of the 'one in a million chance' of something going wrong and regardless of whether it was required to do so, per regulations -- then yes. Problem is, MMS and BP were in bed together, deals made, inspections ignored or over looked, etc. How to ensure that MMS does it's job? How to rid the corruption? What happens when the over-seers don't do their job? What about enforcing existing regulations before adding more?

The answer to all of that?

Raise our next generation of children to have better morales than those douches in MMS and BP had. Kinda hard to do with today's public schools, a breakdown of the family and a society becoming more secular by the day.

But, hey, I'm sure there is a government morality program that can fix it.

What's happened is the logical result of demonizing productive, self-sufficient people and celebrating dependency and victimhood.

Sure he did. I am all psyched up to go over to Cuba now and get all my medical care from there.

Here are your options: Listen to what Wendell Potter, an insurance company insider has to say, or be a pea brain...

It appears you already made your choice. And your self description is bullshit...you are just another right wing pea brain...

Can you explain 'medical loss ratio' and how it is REAL death panels brought about by Wall Street investors?

Didn't think so...
I do not know why I bother since you are one of the biggest hacks here but....
You have no idea what the statistics mean in the HC field. There are no standards by which we these things are measured between nations and the insane practices of some of those liberal utopias are downright scary. I guess that matters not to you though, as long as some random statistic supports the erosion of your society into the utopia that you believe in it is all just fine. The facts are there, you appeal to a bullshit movie where Michael Moore does nothing less than commit a bald-faced LIE about the wonders of the Cuban medical system and then appeal to name calling. I am not the pea brain here, I can look beyond the bullshit that is force fed to me. I have been around the world and experienced firsthand the medical system in Germany (another one of the utopian systems) and can unequivocally say that I am quite pleased with the care here. This is not a discussion of the medical system anyway, just could not let that bullshit slide.

OK PEA brain, then explain 'medical loss ratio'

I'll be waiting Einstein...

Given that a panel of experts has still not said exactly what happened I wonder how you know all this. How much money did BP save? What "corners" did they cut? What regulations did they violate? Would adhering to those regulations have prevented the accident?
You don't have the first fucking clue, of course. But it is a convenient chance to demonize a corporation for being successful.

Given that a panel of experts has still not said exactly what happened I wonder how you know all this. How much money did BP save? What "corners" did they cut? What regulations did they violate? Would adhering to those regulations have prevented the accident?
You don't have the first fucking clue, of course. But it is a convenient chance to demonize a corporation for being successful.

WHAT corners did BP cut? How about the use of an acoustical regulator, which BP VOLUNTARILY uses in British waters!

-------------------------------------------------------
The absence of an acoustical regulator — a remotely triggered dead man’s switch that might have closed off BP’s gushing pipe at its sea floor wellhead when the manual switch failed (the fire and explosion on the drilling platform may have prevented the dying workers from pushing the button) — was directly attributable to industry pandering by the Bush team. Acoustic switches are required by law for all offshore rigs off Brazil and in Norway’s North Sea operations. BP uses the device voluntarily in Britain’s North Sea and elsewhere in the world as do other big players like Holland’s Shell and France’s Total. In 2000, the Minerals Management Service while weighing a comprehensive rulemaking for drilling safety, deemed the acoustic mechanism “essential” and proposed to mandate the mechanism on all gulf rigs.

Then, between January and March of 2001, incoming Vice President Dick Cheney conducted secret meetings with over 100 oil industry officials allowing them to draft a wish list of industry demands to be implemented by the oil friendly administration. Cheney also used that time to re-staff the Minerals Management Service with oil industry toadies including a cabal of his Wyoming carbon cronies. In 2003, newly reconstituted Minerals Management Service genuflected to the oil cartel by recommending the removal of the proposed requirement for acoustic switches. The Minerals Management Service’s 2003 study concluded that “acoustic systems are not recommended because they tend to be very costly.”

The acoustic trigger costs about $500,000. Estimated costs of the oil spill to Gulf Coast residents are now upward of $14 billion to gulf state communities. Bush’s 2005 energy bill officially dropped the requirement for the acoustic switch off devices explaining that the industry’s existing practices are “failsafe.”

Bending over for Big Oil became the ideological posture of the Bush White House, and, under Cheney’s cruel whip, the practice trickled down through the regulatory bureaucracy. The Minerals Management Service — the poster child for “agency capture phenomena” — hopped into bed with the regulated industry — literally.

Sex, Lies and Oil Spills

How much money did they save doing that? What went into that decision? The statement says it "might' have prevented the spill. It might not also. In truth you don't know. BEcause you don't know jack shit about oil drilling or regulations or safety. But that won't stop you from jumping to the conclusion that GREEDY BIG BUSINESS was responsible.
Phooey.

How much money did they save doing that? What went into that decision? The statement says it "might' have prevented the spill. It might not also. In truth you don't know. BEcause you don't know jack shit about oil drilling or regulations or safety. But that won't stop you from jumping to the conclusion that GREEDY BIG BUSINESS was responsible.
Phooey.

You are the biggest fucking idiot on this board...maybe if you suck the dick of the rich a little harder something will finally 'trickle down' your CHIN you moron!

The Republicans are the party of FUCK YOU, unless you are a corporate CEO...

Phooey.

You are the biggest fucking idiot on this board...maybe if you suck the dick of the rich a little harder something will finally 'trickle down' your CHIN you moron!

Just as I thought. I challenge you for some proof and you explode in a string of poorly wriiten expletives and personal attacks.
You are a buffoon of towering proportions. Your posts aren't even worth reading, much less responding to. Off to Iggy you go, lad.

Phooey.

Just as I thought. I challenge you for some proof and you explode in a string of poorly wriiten expletives and personal attacks.
You are a buffoon of towering proportions. Your posts aren't even worth reading, much less responding to. Off to Iggy you go, lad.

Hey pea brain, do you need to call your mommy into the room to explain these 'adult' concepts to you?

Maybe if you READ my post it will answer some of your obtuse pea brainisms...

How much money did they save doing that?

From the article: 'The acoustic trigger costs about $500,000. Estimated costs of the oil spill to Gulf Coast residents are now upward of $14 billion to gulf state communities.'

What went into that decision?

From the article: 'In 2000, the Minerals Management Service while weighing a comprehensive rulemaking for drilling safety, deemed the acoustic mechanism “essential” and proposed to mandate the mechanism on all gulf rigs.

Then, between January and March of 2001, incoming Vice President Dick Cheney conducted secret meetings with over 100 oil industry officials allowing them to draft a wish list of industry demands to be implemented by the oil friendly administration. Cheney also used that time to re-staff the Minerals Management Service with oil industry toadies including a cabal of his Wyoming carbon cronies. In 2003, newly reconstituted Minerals Management Service genuflected to the oil cartel by recommending the removal of the proposed requirement for acoustic switches. The Minerals Management Service’s 2003 study concluded that “acoustic systems are not recommended because they tend to be very costly.”

And finally pea brain...please tell me WHY does BP VOLUNTARILY use an acoustical regulator in British waters???

Yep, pretty much.

We've become fat and lazy, but bitch about wanting affordable health insurance.

We've become selfish, lazy, greedy and feel like we are entitled to everything....and wonder why companies don't want to hire us.

We demand companies not make obscene profits, yet bitch and moan when a new problem we've never seen before emerges and the company hasn't done research and development on ways to solve the problems that haven't arisen yet.

We want freedom, but want protection from failure.

Liberals say conservatives just want to take us back 50 years. Well, there are some values of 50 years ago I wouldn't mind seeing us rediscover.
Poor poor BP with its worth of $Billions, couldn't afford to be safe.

Does one rich company being irresponsible mean we should confiscate the profits of all major companies?

BP is going to be the poster child for all liberal causes for the next 75 years. You guys are down on your knees thanking the Global Warming Santa aren't you?
When corporations get in bed with the government, then yeah I'd say it's time to start raising some hell.

Poor poor BP with its worth of $Billions, couldn't afford to be safe.

Does one rich company being irresponsible mean we should confiscate the profits of all major companies?

BP is going to be the poster child for all liberal causes for the next 75 years. You guys are down on your knees thanking the Global Warming Santa aren't you?
When corporations get in bed with the government, then yeah I'd say it's time to start raising some hell.

More like the other way around. Government instituted taxes and regulation and promoted and fostered a relationship. Businesses likely would rather just be left alone.

Forum List

Back