OMFG how hilarious

And by the way Avatar, it is incredibly easy to pull C's at an Ivy League school. Grade inflation at each of the Ivy institutions is at an epidemic level.

I did a study in my sociology class allowing 17 New York City high school freshmen to do all essay writing, test taking, and quiz taking in an Ivy League literature class and an Ivy League history class. Final grades: 10 A's, 5 B's, 1 C, 1 DNP. 2 of the 17 participants had GPA's of 3.5 or higher. Today, exactly 2 of the participants are enrolled in Ivy League schools.

Bill Clinton's 1992 campaign ads promised, "The rich will be asked to pay their fair share of taxes. The rest of us get a break." Imagine America's shock and indignation when they learned that a family of four, earning $28,000 a year, was "rich". Clinton signed into law the biggest tax increase in U.S. history, and the people were not amused. I remember a bumper sticker from that time which read, "Vote for Clinton? Feel stupid yet?"

The 1994 congressional elections were nothing less than a referendum on the Clinton presidency, and the Republicans didn't waste the oppurtunity. From the steps of the Capitol Building, they read a short, devastating (to Democrats) pledge called the Contract with America. Congressional Republicans promised the voters that, if given a majority, they would tame the bloated, arrogant monster known as the Federal Government, and make America work for Americans again. The voters responded by sweeping Congress clean, giving Republicans a majority in both houses for the first time in 60 years. Simply put, Bill Clinton was staring into the mouth of his own political grave.

He saved himself by adopting the principles of the Republican revolution, and claiming them as his own. So, please, read up a little. Don't say anything else about Clinton's sound policies, or Clinton's surplus. Even the repulsive, walking outhouse, Michael Moore refers to Clinton as "the best Republican president we've ever had".

Well the list of 21st century presidents is pretty damn short. And you must be FNC viewers to think our economy is booming. Check out up-to-date reports. Today job growth was called "anemic" (sp?) and the fed is again going to hike interest rates. And the best indicator of the "worst fiscally responsible administration ever" is hundreds of billions in the green to hundreds of billions in the red. Gee, war is expensive.

Do i want to know why anyone has shoes on their hands? :huh:

I believe it is the uniform of choice for self-appointed presidential spelling and pronunciation checkers.

nakedemperor said:
What's everyone's problem with Bill Clinton? His admin. gives the U.S. (and the world) the most economically prosperous 8 years in its history, eliminates the deficit, builds a huge surplus, makes strides educationally and economically, and you all hate him? Just because he got a blow job and lied about it?

And Karianne, I point out vocabulary and ability to formulate creative and accurate ad hominem responses to simple questions as a function of intelligence because any psych major will tell you that those are very good indicators of intellectual capacity. Bush at times seems limited by his lack of intellectual curiosity and blinded by the binary aspects of his religion, good vs. evil, with us or against us, etc. I wonder if this contributes to how he lives with destroying our planet like he is and leaving behind all the children he is and squandering Clinton's surplus like he did.

Oh yeah and those degrees from Harvard and Yale? Straight C student. That's our president, a man of "satisfactory" intelligence. And the only reason he got into Harvard business school was because of family connections. Shouldn't his merit have gotten him into University of Texas if it got him into Harvard? But it didn't, so he went to Harvard instead. Face it, like Williams said, some people achieve greatness, some people get it as a graduation present.

Although he graduated from mostly branding pledges on the ass with a red-hot wire hanger. Kind of explains his leniant stance on torture, huh?

I"m curious naked , do you think of yourself as being one of the few enlightened ones? Are you an intellectual? Your posts show to me that you have absolutely no eye for detail , zero knowledge of politics or the economy of this nation . You tend to parrot the same ignorant talking points I hear from the likes of Michael Moore (a guy with a semester of junior college) , Cher (dropped out of school in ninth grade) , John Kerrry (non practicing Lawyer) , John Edwards (ripoff Lawyer) , Bill Clinton ( formr lawyer ) , Hillary Clinton (lawyer/doormat) , and all of the other geniuses from the left who have no idea what it is to run a business or have responcibility for one .
Oh by the way , President John F. Kennedy pronounced Cuba . . . Qubber. :rolleyes:

I know used car dealers that can talk you into buying a Hugo , that certainly doesn't make them a thinker or a leader . It wasn't the blow job that Bill got in the Oval Office that upset most people , it had more to do with the thought that this guy (supposedly of above average intelligence ) , would actually be naive enough as to believe he could trust a 23 year old with such a huge secret , HE IS A MORON ! Unfortunately , anyone that would believe that Bill Clinton had anything to do with the economy of the 90s would fall into that same category . Clinton is just like the guy in the yearbook with all of the stars next to his name but couldn't quite figure out how to get out of the rain .

Sorry , I didn't mean anything bad by that, really.

nakedemperor said:
Well the list of 21st century presidents is pretty damn short. And you must be FNC viewers to think our economy is booming. Check out up-to-date reports. Today job growth was called "anemic" (sp?) and the fed is again going to hike interest rates. And the best indicator of the "worst fiscally responsible administration ever" is hundreds of billions in the green to hundreds of billions in the red. Gee, war is expensive.

let me spell this out for you.

Unemployment rate is LOWER now then it was when Clinton was relected

And you must not be reading any economic news reports because its kinda spelled out that we are having the fastest growing economy in 20 years.

As for the deficit. Deficit spending speeds up economies in recession. When you are in a recession you are supposed to do two things fiscally. 1)Lower taxes 2)Increase spending. You see the more money you get out there the more the economy grows.

This is high school economics. Which is why this is so sad. I know everyone isnt like me to Ace the Econ AP exams in high school despite missing half the year due to illness but this is really basic stuff. You should know and understand it.

And you are right, War is expensive. But id rather pay alot and be alive, then pay nothing and then wake up one morning to find a majority of major American cities vaporized because you guys didnt want to spend the money. Even if it was hurting the economy id rather be poor than dead. Where are your priorities.

nakedemperor said:

Too bloody right , war is expensive - in lots of ways. But President Bush, although perhaps not up to your standards of glibness (and, maybe too "leniant" in some respects), found himself stuck with the consequences of Bill Clinton's disastrous terrorism "policies". Bush promised to fight the war on terror wherever it took us, and politics be damned, and polls be damned. Another President, in quite recent memory, would have found some laughably innefectual, face-saving "gesture", and gotten himself back to the truly vital work of his office - polls, spin, bimbo eruption-management, and re-election.

Everybody has known the fed was going to raise rates. If you listened, what you would have heard is that the fed will likely raise rates, as scheduled, but then take a break off for the rest of the year. That means that they likely WILL NOT be raising rates again this year as HAS BEEN EXPECTED.

DOH!

nakedemperor said:

You must be a regular at buzzflash.com if you think the economy is in trouble. Maybe you should take an unbiased look at the up-to-date reports and you would see that job growth LAST MONTH was not as high as expected. A far cry from anemic.

Yes, war is expensive, So is letting terrorists kill thousands of lives in a matter of minutes just because they can.

well this thread sure did come a long way from when I started it. All I was thinking was that this was a Bushism that was Hilarious. :terror:

DKSuddeth said:
well this thread sure did come a long way from when I started it. All I was thinking was that this was a Bushism that was Hilarious. :terror:

:bow2: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :bow2:

Forum List

Back