OMFG how hilarious

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
New Bushism

WASHINGTON - President Bush offered up a new entry for his catalog of "Bushisms" on Thursday, declaring that his administration will "never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people."

Bush misspoke as he delivered a speech at the signing ceremony for a $417 billion defense spending bill.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

:rotflmao:

DKSuddeth said:
New Bushism

WASHINGTON - President Bush offered up a new entry for his catalog of "Bushisms" on Thursday, declaring that his administration will "never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people."

Bush misspoke as he delivered a speech at the signing ceremony for a $417 billion defense spending bill.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

:teeth: :usa: :poke: :clap1: And how much do you think his 'memoirs' will go for? :scratch:

Right up there with Kerry who is going to fight "a more sensitive war" on terrorists . These 2 need someone else to speak for them.

I know a lot of libs are profiting off his "mis-speaks". It would be funny if he could copyright them and charge them for using them..... lol :dunno:

dilloduck said:
Right up there with Kerry who is going to fight "a more sensitive war" on terrorists . These 2 need someone else to speak for them.

I wonder if 'sensitive war' meant dropping postcards from the sky or something.

dilloduck said:

Shoot, if it weren't for those great 'misspeaks' the opposition might not 'misunderestimate' him, then where would we be? :wtf: :funnyface

DKSuddeth said:
New Bushism

Perhaps not exactly misspoke but forgot to follow up with "and neither do we...so we can protect ourselves and defend ourselves against our enemies harmful actions."

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.

Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Thanks to Alicia Butler.)

Hehe. Best Bushism for a while.

Oh, outside of his being fervently opposed to legacy status as a basis for admission to University. This from a man who couldn't get into University of Texas but *somehow* slipped through the cracks and made it into Harvard. I feel like he should have acknowledged his own situation during the process more clearly than "having to knock on a lot of doors".

My favorite Bushisms:

"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will
be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

"I gave them a fair warning"
-President George w. Bush,
Oct. 8 when deciding on military action against the Taliban

"We must take the battle to the enemy, disrupt his plans and confront the
worst threats before they emerge."
-President George W. Bush
to graduates of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point in June 2002

"We will not tire, We will not falter, We will not fail."
-President George W. Bush, October 26, 2001

Guess he doesn't misspeak all the time.

"It depends on how you define "alone" ... there were a lot of times when we were alone, but I never really thought we were."

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is"
- excerpts from Bill Clinton's grand jury testimony

"You can't say you love your country and hate your government." - Bill Clinton, 1995 (After the OKC bombing)

"A lot of wonderful people love their country and hate the military." - Bill Clinton, 1969 (Letter to the National Guard)

ou know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."
President William Clinton addressing the people of Philadelphia, May 28, 1993 in the Courtyard, City Hall, Philadelphia, PA

President Clinton was interviewed on January 21, 1998 by Jim Lehrer on his alleged affair with a Whitehouse intern and subsequent alleged subornation of her perjury. Clinton said, "I'm just trying to suppress my natural impulses and get back to work."
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/white_house/jan-june98/clinton_1-21.html

There are a lot of very brilliant people who believe that the nation-state is fast becoming a relic of the past,"
- President Clinton, New York Times, November 25, 1997

The last time I checked, the Constitution said, 'of the people, by the people and for the people.' That's what the Declaration of Independence says."
President Bill Clinton, campaigning October 17, 1996. From a campaign speech given in California. Quoted in Investor's Business Daily October 25, 1996

These words are in the Gettysburg Address.

"I am the only President in who knew something about agriculture when I got there." (Bill Clinton, Washington Post, 4/26/95)

Ummm...geee Mr. Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Harry Truman, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington who were all farmers before they were Presidents.

"It has not worked. No one can say it has worked, so I decided we're either going to do what we said we're going to do with the U.N., or we're going to do something else."
A Bill Clinton quote in Washington Post on the U.N. operation in Bosnia.

"A zebra does not change its spots." - Al Gore, attacking President George Bush in 1992.

"We can build a collective civic space large enough for all our separate identities, that we can be e pluribus unum -- out of one, many." E Pluribus Unum is the motto on the Great Seal of the United States of America, and is Latin for "out of many, one," not "out of one, many."

Maybe Michael Jordan hasn't made an indelible impression on everyone outside Chicago. Speaking at a D.C. function, Vice President Al Gore, wowed by the Bulls, said: "I tell you that Michael Jackson is unbelievable, isn't he. He's just unbelievable."
( Source: The Chicago Tribune June 17, 1998 )

In his first appearance in a nationally televised candidates forum, Gore was asked to name a past US president from whom he drew personal inspiration. He replied that he especially admired another "dark horse" candidate, and a product of his home state, the great "president James Knox". The only problem is that the history books show that nobody named Knox ever occupied the White House. He most likely meant James Knox Polk.
(Source: Chicago Tribune of 7/24/87; The British Sunday Times; Michael Medved of KVI radio (570 AM based in Seattle).

I seek this office to restore the rule of law and respect for common sense to the White House." ...

"Americans in every region and in both political parties have been shaken by the betrayal of public trust ... and the dishonesty of the public officials."...

"Any government official who ... lies to the United States Congress will be fired immediately."
(Source: Seattle Times, June 29, 1987)
Gore must be talking about the standards he'd apply to a Republican White House! After all, he referred to Clinton as "one of our greatest presidents" at the White House Post-Impeachment Pep Rally on December 19, 1998.

We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans...

When we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to Americans, it was assumed that the Americans who had that freedom would use it responsibly ... [Now] there's a lot of irresponsibility. And so a lot of people say there's too much freedom. When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it.

If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees.

You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say.

There is no reason for anyone in this country- anyone except a police officer or military person- to buy, to own, to have, to use a handgun. The only way to control handgun use in this country is to prohibit the guns.

The purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people.

I think the definition [of an impeachable offense] should include any criminal acts, plus a willful failure of the President to fulfill his duty to uphold and execute the laws of the United States. The third factor that I think constitutes an impeachable offense would be willful, reckless behavior in office, just totally incompetent conduct in the office and the disregard of the necessities that the office demands.

"If a President of the United States ever lied to the American people he should resign." - Bill Clinton running for US Representative in 1974

"It depends on what the meaning of the word is is. If the...if he...if is means is and never has been, that is not - that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement"

Isn't it about time we stop making fun of politicians that have misspoken. Or do you think Zebras have spots also?

nakedemporer:

Stay down, man. This is getting embarrasing.

There's very little I can add to what's already been said, so I'm just going to have a little fun. I usually don't point out little bullshit errors and typos to people, being far from perfect myself. But, since you've called the tune...

I think you meant to title your post, "Bushisms", not "Bushims". Please tell me you did. "Bushims" makes me picture a very suspect, Will and Grace kind of character, chasing the presidential motorcade, waving a hankie and hollering, "Oh, President Bushims....Over HERE, President Bushims!"

Seems even you can misspeak sometimes.

musicman said:
nakedemporer:

Stay down, man. This is getting embarrasing.

There's very little I can add to what's already been said, so I'm just going to have a little fun. I usually don't point out little bullshit errors and typos to people, being far from perfect myself. But, since you've called the tune...

I think you meant to title this thread, "Bushisms", not "Bushims". Please tell me you did. "Bushims" makes me picture a very suspect, Will and Grace kind of character, chasing the presidential motorcade, waving a hankie and hollering, "Oh, President Bushims....Over HERE, President Bushims!"

Seems even you can misspeak sometimes.

I just merged this thread with one DK started earlier. :D

armstrong80 said:
We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans...

When we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to Americans, it was assumed that the Americans who had that freedom would use it responsibly ... [Now] there's a lot of irresponsibility. And so a lot of people say there's too much freedom. When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it.

If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees.

You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say.

There is no reason for anyone in this country- anyone except a police officer or military person- to buy, to own, to have, to use a handgun. The only way to control handgun use in this country is to prohibit the guns.

The purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people.

I don't believe these statements are examples of Clinton tripping over his tongue. I believe that they are true and correct examples of the philosophy of this president and that of the far left.

armstrong80 said:
Isn't it about time we stop making fun of politicians that have misspoken. Or do you think Zebras have spots also?

And exactly what the hell is your problem, Bubba? I mean besides the fact that you flunked humor 101?

Are you absolutely kidding me?

I'm a 20-year old typing on a message board, and you're likening a typo I made to President Bush's unprecedented volume of idiotic statements? He's the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES and he can't say NUCLEAR. The President of the United States is frighteningly devoid of intellectual curiosity and, as Presidents go, is a dim-bulb, as indicated by standardized testing, University admissions and denials, etc. It's not merely Bush-bashing, it's pointing out that the intellectual capacity ofa sitting President is one of his biggest assets, so if he doesn't HAVE that capacity, it becomes an issue.

Forum List

Back