Omar’s 9/11 comments expose hypocrisy on both sides

Was Omar’s “some people did something,” comments on 9/11 a little too flippant considering the subject matter? Yes, for sure. In conjunction with her other worrying comments and leanancy towards actual ISIS terrorists, it is concerning. But in all honesty, the rights reaction to it does seem inproportionate. To me, this comment is on the same level as Trumps “bad people on both sides comment” during Charlottesville.

They are both cringeworthy comments. Yet, die hard trump supporters gave him a pass, and weren’t at all critical enough. On the other end of the spectrum the left is not only not critical of Omar, they’re actually calling fair criticism of Omar’s comments “incitement of violence”. Which is bat shit crazy.

I truly wish that political commentary and discussion would happen on a higher intellectual level than what is currently is. I want the Sam Harris Vs Ben Shapiro type of debate. Instead, the level of discussion I see is AOC vs Trump. I feel like this just kind of shows you how powerful the dying mainstream media still is. No one is watching, but they seem to still have a good amount of sway over the narrative. The narratives that attract eyes are AOC and Trump.

Lol, there is that rabid centrist shit again. So it’s all good because Trump allegedly did it? If so, then what? Let it slide? The stupid Hani ho has said this shit multiple times since she has been elected. Her words can’t be taken out of context. She said what she feels.
Wow, everyone is proving my point beautifully. Putting words in my mouth, calling me a rabid centrist just because I admit trump says some dumb shit. Hahaha wtf is a rabid centrist anyway? How dare I admit Trump can say some stupid shit, I’m just foaming centrism from the mouth here.

Of course Trump says stupid shit. If it’s not to excuse Omar, then what’s the point, and why so defensive?
Where did I excuse Omar? The point was that many on both sides are cheering for their politicians like they would the home team. The people I hear teeing off on Omar are the same trying to excuse away trumps stoopid comments. How tf was that point not clear in the OP?

There's no need to make excuses for Trump's comments because he was right.

Was Omar’s “some people did something,” comments on 9/11 a little too flippant considering the subject matter? Yes, for sure. In conjunction with her other worrying comments and leanancy towards actual ISIS terrorists, it is concerning. But in all honesty, the rights reaction to it does seem inproportionate. To me, this comment is on the same level as Trumps “bad people on both sides comment” during Charlottesville.

They are both cringeworthy comments. Yet, die hard trump supporters gave him a pass, and weren’t at all critical enough. On the other end of the spectrum the left is not only not critical of Omar, they’re actually calling fair criticism of Omar’s comments “incitement of violence”. Which is bat shit crazy.

I truly wish that political commentary and discussion would happen on a higher intellectual level than what is currently is. I want the Sam Harris Vs Ben Shapiro type of debate. Instead, the level of discussion I see is AOC vs Trump. I feel like this just kind of shows you how powerful the dying mainstream media still is. No one is watching, but they seem to still have a good amount of sway over the narrative. The narratives that attract eyes are AOC and Trump.
Bawahahahahahahahahahahahahaha @ Sam Harris vs Ben Shapiro type debate....2 morons...

The criticism against Omar is BULLSHIT, period....All these idiots have done since she was elected was feign fake outrage over anything she said ..why? she is just one single vote among many in Congress -- what power does she really hold?

What they are mad about is that Omar doesn't cower down and she does a great job of exposing them and the game they are playing...

On the same day as 9/11 -- Trump bragged about his building now being the tallest building in lower Manhattan -- but yall mad at Omar? gtfoh...

Trump claimed he lost hundreds of friends on 9/11 -- which was a lie..and to make it worse, he didn't attend a single funeral of a 9/11 victim...some friend...but you mad about Omar? gtfoh....

Furthermore, Omar is the one who co-sponsored the "9/11 Victim's Compensation Fund' -- you know, because 9/11 is something she cheered and was happy about.....the same fund that these same bitch ass republicans voted against....as they have always voted against...but you mad about what Omar said? gtfoh...
Shapiro and Harris morons? Ones a world class nueroscientist, the other was cum laude at Harvard law. So yea, that’s exactly the level of debate I’d like to hear vs “hey, I’m bif pointdexter, and people way smarter than me are morons”

And yea Omar’s comments were indeed stupid. Especially in light of her advocating for leanancy to people who joined ISIS...a group that had girls as young as 8 be their sex slaves, and would use the toddlers they orphaned as bomb making demonstrations. Doesn’t get much more evil than that.

Lol, there is that rabid centrist shit again. So it’s all good because Trump allegedly did it? If so, then what? Let it slide? The stupid Hani ho has said this shit multiple times since she has been elected. Her words can’t be taken out of context. She said what she feels.
Wow, everyone is proving my point beautifully. Putting words in my mouth, calling me a rabid centrist just because I admit trump says some dumb shit. Hahaha wtf is a rabid centrist anyway? How dare I admit Trump can say some stupid shit, I’m just foaming centrism from the mouth here.

Of course Trump says stupid shit. If it’s not to excuse Omar, then what’s the point, and why so defensive?
Where did I excuse Omar? The point was that many on both sides are cheering for their politicians like they would the home team. The people I hear teeing off on Omar are the same trying to excuse away trumps stoopid comments. How tf was that point not clear in the OP?

I cheerlead neither. They are both assholes.

You just did it again. By deflecting from Omar's hate speech to whatever complaint you have against Trump, you are refusing to hold her responsible for her anti semitic and anti American slurs.

she was saying was that Muslims had to come together in order to protect themselves against the American government,

Nope it was bigots.

The President said ""America rejects bigotry. We reject every act of hatred against people of Arab background or Muslim faith," Bush said. "Every faith is practiced and protected here, because we are one country. Every immigrant can be fully and equally American because we're one country."

Today’s GOP should take lessons on Islam from George W. Bush

Pelosi Admits She Defended Ilhan Omar’s 9/11 Remarks Without Knowing What Was Said
GettyImages-1135977212-640x480.jpg

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) on Tuesday admitted that she does not know the content of Rep. Ilhan Omar’s (D-MN) recent remarks about 9/11 — despite offering a full-throated defense of the freshman congresswoman in the wake of criticism from President Donald Trump.

(LINK) Nancy Pelosi: 'We have no taint' of anti-Semitism

“I don’t think the congresswoman is anti-Semitic. I wouldn’t even put those in the same category,” Pelosi told interviewer Christiane Amanpour in Ireland. “We have no taint of that [anti-Semitism],” she added. “And just because they want to accuse somebody of that doesn’t mean that we take that bait.”

Pelosi also dismissed criticisms that she hasn’t done enough to defend Omar, conceding, “Until I talk to somebody, I don’t even know what was said.”

“I do know that what the president did was not right,” she added.

Omar is facing blowback for downplaying the September 11, 2001, terror attack, describing it last month private fundraiser for Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) as a day on which “some people did something,” before adding “and that all of us were starting to lose our civil liberties.”

In reaction to the Minnesota Democrat’s remarks, President Trump shared a video to social media of Omar’s remarks and scenes of the World Trade Center engulfed in flakes shortly after it was attacked by radical Islamic terrorists. The video’s caption reads: “WE WILL NEVER FORGET!”

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Omar’s comments were flippant and insensitive. She needs to own up to it instead of crying victim because some people might do something.

she was saying was that Muslims had to come together in order to protect themselves against the American government,

Nope it was bigots.

The President said ""America rejects bigotry. We reject every act of hatred against people of Arab background or Muslim faith," Bush said. "Every faith is practiced and protected here, because we are one country. Every immigrant can be fully and equally American because we're one country."

Today’s GOP should take lessons on Islam from George W. Bush
In her speech to CAIR her message was that Muslims had to join together to defend themselves against the US government. Her nonsense about being a second class citizen and her claim that Muslims were in danger of losing their civil rights were the premises for her urging Muslims to defend themselves against the US government. Of course it was all lies. After 911 not only the President but churches and synagogues all across the country offered their support to American Muslims, but Omar ignored all of this and made false, anti American claims that Muslims were second class citizens and were in danger of losing their civil rights.

You just did it again. By deflecting from Omar's hate speech to whatever complaint you have against Trump, you are refusing to hold her responsible for her anti semitic and anti American slurs.
Lay it all out first paragraph

Omar’s comments were flippant and insensitive. She needs to own up to it instead of crying victim because some people might do something.

She really shows little to no respect for other cultures, religions, sexual orientations but is quick to remind people that they need to show her respect for her religion and culture. Pretty much a one way street with her.

She really shows little to no respect for other cultures, religions, sexual orientations but is quick to remind people that they need to show her respect for her religion and culture. Pretty much a one way street with her.

She is trash. Gets a free ticket to America, food stamps and free education, then turns around and shits on those who gave it all to her.

Here are the unambiguous actual words of President Trump:

“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

After another question at that press conference, Trump became even more explicit:

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”

dimocraps are lying scum

you qualify

Here are the unambiguous actual words of President Trump:

“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

After another question at that press conference, Trump became even more explicit:

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”

dimocraps are lying scum

you qualify
Whatever floats your boat chief. IDGAF.

Point is why did he have to qualify that to begin with? Why give the left any ammo at all? It was a political fumble that was uneccasary

Forum List

Back