Olympics?

The ClayTaurus

Sep 19, 2005
Anyone catch the opening ceremonies? NBC had a really cool opening montage, and the ceremony itself I thought was pretty impressive... except for the circling cows... that was weird. The collective skiier and the rings were cool.

The ClayTaurus said:
Anyone catch the opening ceremonies? NBC had a really cool opening montage, and the ceremony itself I thought was pretty impressive... except for the circling cows... that was weird. The collective skiier and the rings were cool.

I'm glad they gave a script to the announcers so I can understand all the symbolism ! :wtf:

( I'll take the 800+ hp Ferrari tho) :)

dilloduck said:
I'm glad they gave a script to the announcers so I can understand all the symbolism ! :wtf:

( I'll take the 800+ hp Ferrari tho) :)
Yeah
THAT was hot. No explanation necessary: We design bad-ass cars.

They're on right now where Im from. I always love the opening ceremonies...where else can I see hot athletic european girls?

can we start a collection to get yoko ono english lessons? how long has she been in this country? i still can't stand or understand her.

Lefty Wilbury said:
can we start a collection to get yoko ono english lessons? how long has she been in this country? i still can't stand or understand her.

I thought yoko ono was a dude...?

The ClayTaurus said:
I lost interest in 10 minutes.

The ClayTaurus said:

It was on late, but I caught some of the team introductions. I was curious to see the reaction Iran got, but NBC conviently went to commercial before they were introduced.

Not a big winter Olympics guy, but I do like to watch some of the hockey, and the skiing can be interesting.

Jimmyeatworld said:
It was on late, but I caught some of the team introductions. I was curious to see the reaction Iran got, but NBC conviently went to commercial before they were introduced.

Not a big winter Olympics guy, but I do like to watch some of the hockey, and the skiing can be interesting.
Really? They showed Iran here. Nothing much happened; USA got a warm cheer though :salute:

I want to find the girl who was on her cellphone as she processed in and smack her.

The ClayTaurus said:
I want to find the girl who was on her cellphone as she processed in and smack her.

Haha, yeah that was pretty odd. She probably was really excited and was on the phone with her mom or something. How cool would it be to get a call from a olympian as she walks through the opening ceremony?

I like this:

http://tammybruce.com/archives/2006/02/go_usa_be_proud.php
Go USA: Be Proud, Be Powerful, With No Apologies

Torino_LOTT_color_vertical_130x245.jpg

Pajamas Media now has a special blog--PJ Gold Rush--set up for Olympics coverage.

Personally, I don't know if it's accurate to say I "care" about figure skating, but I will be watching :) I do care about us getting more medals than everyone else and having our national anthem played as much as possible. I like it when the USA wins. I like it when our greatness is undeniable. I do not worry about whether or not other countries get their feelings hurt or feel inadequate. I like it when our greatness compels other to try harder and be better. More adequate competition means our wins are even more impressive.

We are the best for a reason--Americans are used to earning what they have. We embrace competition and personal excellence. Are athletes do well because they want to, not because their nation threatens them if they don't.

We live in a world that repeatedly tells Americans to tone down our pride for our nation. We are told to contain our potential, to not be overtly illustrative of our excitement for ourselves and our nation. I say--hogwash! To ignore or dismiss our achievements and greatness is meant to have the affect of wiping it away, of ultimately making us unsure of who and what we are. Making Americans afraid to think honestly about our greatness is indeed an effort to politically lobotomize us.

Why? Because if a nation's past, greatness, and heroes are killed, the nation itself disappears. We would also begin to think that we are just like everyone else--and then moral equalivalency sets in. Corrupt and depraved nations prefer the just and great to not see themselves honestly, specifically because then there would be no counterpoint to understand the differences between good and bad.

So, all in all, let the Olympics once again be an example of American greatness for so many different reasons--because Americans are happy, healthy, and good people. Because we embrace the individual and raise up the special and talented. Because we are a nation worthy of greatness, because we are compassionate and good.

Our Olympians represent the success freedom brings. Wish them all luck and every time the anthem is played, put your hand over your heart, and thank God for the blessing of being an American.

Go USA!!

Related Links:

Official USA Olympic Team Site

Official Turin Olympic Games Site

February 10, 2006 09:48 PM

Forum List

Back