olympics

How I am disapointed....

Paris really should have to win.

The paris' file was far better, even the english newspapper said it (The Guardian, the Daily Telegraph)

i'm really sad...

Everybody was agree to said that paris was the best city. And London win...

(London : 14.5 billions dollars....on this moeny, 11 billions only for the railways, bus and transports....And they have NO stadium ! they critisized the Stade de France, but they even don't have an olympic stadium.

Fortunately Paris has the organisation of the world cup of rugby in 2007...

french population was behind Paris (90 %)...

I don't understand the choice of the CIO.

Even the CIO said that the british delegation sometimes was out of the borders of the olympic spirit...

Then, I hope the Games of 2012 in london would be good...for the sport

I am greatly disappointed. I knew NYC wouldn't win, so I expected to wake to a huge NY Post headline saying:
OLYMPICS TO NEW YORK: DROP DEAD

Let London deal with the expense and hassles of hosting the Olympiad. After the Atlanta debacle, I think it will be a long time before the Summer Games return to the U.S.
My dad has said that he expected the worst when the Olympics came in Los Angeles in 1984, but that it was really very managable. The expected traffic gridlock never materialized and the city actually benefitted from it.

I wonder if Chirac and Blair made a secret bet on the proceedings? Chirac can now appear in a kilt and have a nice dinner of bangers and mash. Mad Cow optional, of course.

gop_jeff said:
France is only about 3 hours away via the Chunnel, right?

PARIS is about 3 hours. France 's north cities are nearer.
And Paris is about 1 hour with plane.

And so what ?

It's not the same thing, to see the games and to organized them.

But i watch the voices result. Everybody thought that Moscow and Madrid would hasd report their voices to Paris. mocow seems to did it, but not Madrid, even if in Spain, people wanted that paris organized the Games, when they saw that Madrid was out.
But Madrid doesn't seem to report its voices to Paris

And : NY say they're ready for 2016, Madrid for 2020. then it can be a calcul : these cities gave their voices to London, and in return, they got voices for the Games of 2016 and 2020.

I'm sad because it's not the best who won. if london was better than Paris, no problem.
But Paris was far better....then i'ts really unfair.

CIO voted not for the best city able to organize the Games, but for politic calculs...

the olympic spirit is nice today...

padisha emperor said:

And so what ?

But i watch the voices result. Everybody thought that Moscow and Madrid would hasd report their voices to Paris. mocow seems to did it, but not Madrid, even if in Spain, people wanted that paris organized the Games, when they saw that Madrid was out.
But Madrid doesn't seem to report its voices to Paris

And : NY say they're ready for 2016, Madrid for 2020. then it can be a calcul : these cities gave their voices to London, and in return, they got voices for the Games of 2016 and 2020.

I'm sad because it's not the best who won. if london was better than Paris, no problem.
But Paris was far better....then i'ts really unfair.

CIO voted not for the best city able to organize the Games, but for politic calculs...

the olympic spirit is nice today...

Only a minor zap when compared to Frances' betrayal of the US in the UN.
padisha emperor said:

And so what ?

Sorry... last time I was in Europe I was 10 years old. My point was that even though the Olympics will be in the UK, France is not very far away, for those who would like to visit.

gop_jeff said:
Sorry... last time I was in Europe I was 10 years old. My point was that even though the Olympics will be in the UK, France is not very far away, for those who would like to visit.

it's sure, and don't apologize, no critics against what you said about the times ;)

But as I said, we wanted to ORGANIZE these Games - 1st world biggest event in sport - , not only to see. We wanted to give a great fest to the world, like France know how to do (ex : Tour de France - 3rd world biggest event for sport - , Athletism world championship Saint Denis 2003, football world cup 1998 - 2nd world biggest event for sport - and so many other events)

madrid is near also...

Only a minor zap when compared to Frances' betrayal of the US in the UN

pityfull...how can you compare the organisation of the Olympic Games and a War against a sovereign Nation ?

Mr. P said:
What debacle?

Pretty much every non-competition report I read about the 1996 Olympics was about how Atlanta fucked everything up. Nothing against the city. I've been there. But their organization, execution and security breeches did little to impress the remainder of the world.

Gabriella84 said:
Pretty much every non-competition report I read about the 1996 Olympics was about how Atlanta fucked everything up. Nothing against the city. I've been there. But their organization, execution and security breeches did little to impress the remainder of the world.
Well maybe your sources are flawed..
I live just outside Atlanta and things went very well..I even had to transition through the city every day. I never had a traffic problem and never heard of security problems. I'm sure there were some, but a debacle, no.

Maybe they were just hiding the truth from us, huh?

Mr. P said:
Well maybe your sources are flawed..
I live just outside Atlanta and things went very well..I even had to transition through the city every day. I never had a traffic problem and never heard of security problems. I'm sure there were some, but a debacle, no.

Maybe they were just hiding the truth from us, huh?

except a little terrorist attempt, you're right...............Buty after all, what is an attempt ? sure, nothing wrong in the security.

(Nice Games all the same in Atlanta, I enjoyed to watch them - even if I was 11 and that the competition was during the night for me - Paris hour - )

padisha emperor said:
except a little terrorist attempt, you're right...............Buty after all, what is an attempt ? sure, nothing wrong in the security.

(Nice Games all the same in Atlanta, I enjoyed to watch them - even if I was 11 and that the competition was during the night for me - Paris hour - )
Oh the Anti-abortion MORON!! that set off a bomb in a park..
Yea..well he bombed a clinic in Atlanta and Birmingham too...
It had no direct connection with the Olympics. So yes..I'm correct.

Mr. P said:
Oh the Anti-abortion MORON!! that set off a bomb in a park..
Yea..well he bombed a clinic in Atlanta and Birmingham too...
It had no direct connection with the Olympics. So yes..I'm correct.

The attempt was from anti-abortion commados ? wow....

your anti-abortion people are more violent than in France and Europe...

Forum List

Back