Olympics Basketball

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Is anyone as disgusted as I am at the performance of the U.S. basketball team at this year's Olympics? I think we should quit sending those professional "Dream Team" players and return to sending our best college players. More times than not, the college players managed to get the job done and bring home the gold.

I'm getting to the point where I can't stand any professional sports. As for the Olympics, haven't watched them in years. College isn't far behind.

If people played sports because they were having fun and perfecting their skill, I would watch.

Now that it's more about money and celebrity, no thanks.

The make up of the team was retarded. The world has caught up to the US in terms of team play, but the US could have easily beaten them with a better team out their.

Not 1 three point shooter on the team. Not 1 pure shooter in general. Not 1 true passing PG. IT was a bunch of guys that can dribble, break a guy down and then dish. But when you dish to guys who only can dribble and break down, then it doesnt work.

As for defense, Larry Brown is a freakin moron. He thought he could play a half court set against the world teams who only play half court sets. He should have run full court traps and pressed them all the way before they got to the half court line. Disrupt their game. Brown's insistance on playing the right way screwed everything.

US could have easily owned these Olympics. Instead, bad make up and bad coaching combined with the world teams stepping up their level of play overall was the downfall of the USA team.

I agree that this year's team was not made up of our best professional players, but the sad fact is that our best pros weren't interested in playing. Contrast that with the college kids who were always eager to be a part of the team. And the college players had another incentive: they knew if they performed well in the Olympics, they would increase their chances of getting on a pro team.

Maybe we should change the NBA to the National Street Ball Association. I was happy to see the US lose in this sport. I definatley say bring the college players back. Maybe then the NBA will go back to playing Basketball and not streetball!

Forum List

Back