Olympia Snowe Not Seeking Reelection

Yet....the democrat party chased off Lieberman when he wasn't in lockstep with the democrats. Am I looking at this right? Seems like two sets of rules, one for the democrats and one for the republicans.

How did they chase him off?

They Still allowed him to keep his Chairmanship of Homeland Security. They treated him better than Republicans treated Arlen Specter

:lol: If he wasn't chased off, he still would have been a democrat. What an epic fail on your behalf, leftwinger.

If it wasn't for Obama he would have been chased off the committee....sheesh, you really have that short of a memory....or is it that you're trying to rewrite history? :razz:

He lost a primary.....that is what happens in politics

He is an independent because he could not run as a Democrat and had to run as an independent....same as Arlen Specter

Considering how he supported the Republicans for President in 2008 he was very well treated by the Democrats.......much better treatment than Colin Powell received from the Republicans

well another RINO gone.......:eusa_clap: ....we need to shake a few more loose....

some say this will lead to polarization and gridlock......but i'd rather have that than the constant "compromising" which only leads to more shifting to the LEFT....enabled by RINOs.....:eusa_hand:

How did they chase him off?

They Still allowed him to keep his Chairmanship of Homeland Security. They treated him better than Republicans treated Arlen Specter

:lol: If he wasn't chased off, he still would have been a democrat. What an epic fail on your behalf, leftwinger.

If it wasn't for Obama he would have been chased off the committee....sheesh, you really have that short of a memory....or is it that you're trying to rewrite history? :razz:

He lost a primary.....that is what happens in politics

He is an independent because he could not run as a Democrat and had to run as an independent....same as Arlen Specter

Considering how he supported the Republicans for President in 2008 he was very well treated by the Democrats.......much better treatment than Colin Powell received from the Republicans

He lost the primary because the democrat money went to Lamont in 2006.
The democrats wanted him out.
Now go ahead and spin that until the cows come home, leftwinger. :eusa_whistle:

She was a republican? Who knew?
Old school, not radical, less interested in media attention than her job. One of last of the GREAT Republicans.

Totally agree. The Senate has lost a giant. Actually, the Country has.

OLYMPIA-SNOWE-SUSAN-COLLINS-600x394.jpg

The ironic thing is that those who denigrate moderation are the same ones who want the government to do little or nothing outside of a document written 200+ years ago. What do these people think will happen when you have nothing but radicals in charge? They'll have the power then decide, "Now that we have a super majority of ultra libs/cons, lets do nothing?"

Some lessons need to be learned; not taught.

You have asked in the past on who are the RINO's....Snowe was definately one of them. Yes, the democrats have lost a giant with Olympia Snowe.

If the Republicans miss taking the Senate by one seat.....will you still celebrate the departure of Olympia Snowe?

You have asked in the past on who are the RINO's....Snowe was definately one of them. Yes, the democrats have lost a giant with Olympia Snowe.

America has lost a giant public servant; one who places people above party. If you wish to consider yourself a political animal before you consider yourself an American; thats fine. Most people, for the time being, simply want non-ideolouges to represent them (thank goodness). Someone who will examine the facts of the bill, vote their conscience, then move on instead of making every vote about the soul of the nation. Olympia Snowe and a disgustingly few Senators from both sides of the aisle would still do that.

Politically, that she has placed the GOP in Maine into such a procarious position, IMHO, speakes to her true feelings on the subject of the current political climate. If you're going to take a parting shot, you may as well do it with a howitzer and as apolitical as she has been, I think right-mided folks can allow her this sort of theatric as the sun sets on her remarkable career in the US Senate. It was old-school hardball that she was playing. I think she recognizes the GOP is in danger of coughing up their status as a major political party and this may be the wake-up call that is needed to ring an alarm bell for the party wise-men; assuming there are still some of of those animals walking around. Of course, being strictly political animals; nobody is going to learn the lesson she is trying to teach.

If the Republicans miss taking the Senate by one seat.....will you still celebrate the departure of Olympia Snowe?

Good question. I'm guessing in this climate of pettiness and thinking with one's lower extremity, the answer for most would be "yes".

America has lost a giant public servant; one who places people above party. If you wish to consider yourself a political animal before you consider yourself an American; thats fine. Most people, for the time being, simply want non-ideolouges to represent them (thank goodness). Someone who will examine the facts of the bill, vote their conscience, then move on instead of making every vote about the soul of the nation. Olympia Snowe and a disgustingly few Senators from both sides of the aisle would still do that.

Politically, that she has placed the GOP in Maine into such a procarious position, IMHO, speakes to her true feelings on the subject of the current political climate. If you're going to take a parting shot, you may as well do it with a howitzer and as apolitical as she has been, I think right-mided folks can allow her this sort of theatric as the sun sets on her remarkable career in the US Senate. It was old-school hardball that she was playing. I think she recognizes the GOP is in danger of coughing up their status as a major political party and this may be the wake-up call that is needed to ring an alarm bell for the party wise-men; assuming there are still some of of those animals walking around. Of course, being strictly political animals; nobody is going to learn the lesson she is trying to teach.

Oh...get off it! I'm a conservative and she isn't...that's the bottom line. I don't want to see the US go any further left than we are right now. You don't...I get that, but don't go calling anyone animals just because they aren't liberal like you. You asked a question, I answered it, RW asked a questions and I answered it. I know she's a giant to you, but she didn't come close to that with me.
Ain't America great?

Good question. I'm guessing in this climate of pettiness and thinking with one's lower extremity, the answer for most would be "yes".

Seriously? I mean really, seriously? :cuckoo:

Oh...get off it! I'm a conservative and she isn't...that's the bottom line. I don't want to see the US go any further left than we are right now. You don't...I get that, but don't go calling anyone animals just because they aren't liberal like you. You asked a question, I answered it, RW asked a questions and I answered it. I know she's a giant to you, but she didn't come close to that with me.
Ain't America great?

So you're soooooooooooo conservative that if her absence prevents the more radical in her party from bringing their agenda to fruition; you'd be fine with that? I don't think you're as conservative as you are an ideolouge.

I apologize if you thought I called you or the "wise men" animals in the "non human" sense. It was taken out of context as the written word is from time to time. It would be like me calling a really good athlete a "beast".

Ain't America great?

So you're soooooooooooo conservative that if her absence prevents the more radical in her party from bringing their agenda to fruition; you'd be fine with that? I don't think you're as conservative as you are an ideolouge.

I apologize if you thought I called you or the "wise men" animals in the "non human" sense. It was taken out of context as the written word is from time to time. It would be like me calling a really good athlete a "beast".

Please refer to my answer from RW's question to me.
If she was a democrat...I would understand and be fine with it, but she wasn't...that was the issue with me. I feel we need to pull this country just a bit further to the right from where it is now. I would be happier if we were where Clinton had us. Not where Obama wants to take us.
I don't care what you think I am, because it's obvious you don't have a clue. just sayin.....

Forum List

Back