Olmert: IDF response to deadly Gaza bomb attack still to come

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by toomuchtime_, Jan 27, 2009.

  1. toomuchtime_
    Offline

    toomuchtime_ Gold Member

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2008
    Messages:
    5,521
    Thanks Received:
    707
    Trophy Points:
    190
    Ratings:
    +1,959
    Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Tuesday that the deadly Palestinian attack on an Israel Defense Forces convoy near the Gaza border earlier in then day was a "most serious incident," and vowed that Israel's military response was yet to come.

    Olmert told the directors general of each government ministry that determining an appropriate response to the incident, which killed an Israeli soldier and wounded three others, was at the top of Israel's agenda.

    "What the IDF has done now [in Gaza] is not the response," Olmert said, referring to an IAF strike and clashes in the coastal territory, which followed the deadly attack. "Israel response is yet to come."
    Defense Minister Ehud Barak held talks on Tuesday afternoon with defense establishment officials to assess Israel's response.

    Barak told military academy cadets earlier Tuesday that the incident "is serious, and it cannot be accepted and we will respond. There is no benefit in specifying [the response]."

    Olmert: IDF response to deadly Gaza bomb attack still to come - Haaretz - Israel News
     
  2. Shogun
    Offline

    Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2007
    Messages:
    30,495
    Thanks Received:
    2,224
    Trophy Points:
    1,043
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    Clearly, 400 arab toddlers/ dead jew is the ONLY way to preserve israel!
     
  3. toomuchtime_
    Offline

    toomuchtime_ Gold Member

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2008
    Messages:
    5,521
    Thanks Received:
    707
    Trophy Points:
    190
    Ratings:
    +1,959
    In fact, the soldier who was killed was an Arab.
     

Share This Page