Olivia Newton-John has revealed she doesn’t want to know how long she has left to live

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Olivia Newton-John shared the devastating news that she's battling breast cancer for the third time back in November.

And now the Grease star, 70, has admitted she doesn't know how much longer she'll live as the chance of a cure for her condition - which is at stage four - is very slim.
0_MAIN-Olivia-Newton-John-attends-cancer-research-event-Canberra-Australia-12-Sep-2017.jpg

Speaking to 60 Minutes , she said: "When you're given a cancer diagnosis or a scary illness diagnosis, you are suddenly given a possibility of a time limit.

"If you believe the statistics, you're going to make them happen. If somebody tells you, 'you have six months to live', very possibly you will - because you believe that."

Olivia decided it was better for her mental health if her doctors didn't tell her how long she had left, as she's chosen to put her efforts into cancer research.

She is selling some of her prized possessions, including Sandy's leather jacket and trousers from Grease, to raise money for researching cannabis as a treatment for breast cancer.

The film star has been using cannabis grown in her home in California to help treat her symptoms.

0_Grease.jpg

Olivia Newton-John doesn't know how long she has left to live as she battles breast cancer
Olivia Newton-John reveals she doesn't want to know how long she has to live amid cancer battle

If one person can prove the doctors wrong, so can another. The doctors gave that Valerie Harper lady six months and six years I believe is how much longer she has stuck it out for so far. :) :) :)

God bless you and her and Olivia always!!!

Holly

If one person can prove the doctors wrong, so can another. The doctors gave that Valerie Harper lady six months and six years I believe is how much longer she has stuck it out for so far. :) :) :)

God bless you and her and Olivia always!!!

Holly
I hope it is possible? she knows she going to die like all of us, but when we know it's going to be soon, it should be horrifying, my brother-in-law knew he had a few days left to live, he put all his important papers in order and he left:(

Forum List

Back