Oliver Stones Retold History of the US

stone is an imbecile. clueless twelve year olds would find him fascinating though

I think the guy is a left wing antiamerican SOB, but the guy has make amazing movies. Of he ones I saw that were great: Platoon, Midnight Express, Born on the 4th of July, Wall Street, The Doors, JFK, Nixon, Natural Born Killers and Scarface.

I also enjoyed Any Given Sunday

Its ten percent stones communist viewpoint, ninety percent his clueless womanly feelings

It's a progressive adolescents communist wet dream......Chomsky/Zinn style. it's all so revolutionary anti American !!!

Morons like you who argue with others who take Stone seriously as a historian need a lobotomy. You are all cut from the same cloth. Most normal people know Stone makes movies, not historical documentaries

Stones ten part documentary certainly is fictitious and conspiratorial. Just like his films.

documentary? Loose use of term

stone is an imbecile. clueless twelve year olds would find him fascinating though

I think the guy is a left wing antiamerican SOB, but the guy has make amazing movies. Of he ones I saw that were great: Platoon, Midnight Express, Born on the 4th of July, Wall Street, The Doors, JFK, Nixon, Natural Born Killers and Scarface.

Scarface was Brian De Palma.

Last edited:

Scarface was Brian De Palma.

Oliver Stone wrote the screen play!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFZ93dS5Glo]Oliver Stone on Writing Scarface - YouTube[/ame]

I like the show. As a conservative, I want to not like or agree with it, but, in the end, I have to say I can't ignore the truth of much that he documents.

It's hard getting rid of the chains of ideology with which I bound myself over the years, but in my old age, I am determined not to pass away with them on me.

I wanted to share this YouTube musical/visual presentation reflecting on the lasting effects of JFK's assassination almost 50 years ago. I co-wrote the song "Childhood's End" and assisted in the video production. Although I don't believe the Warren Commission's Report and think the lone-gunman theory is implausible, this production has nothing to do with any political agendas or conspiracy theories. It's simply a reflection on what a profound impact John F. Kennedy's assassination has had on the U.S. and the world over the past half century.

YouTube Search: JFK KENNEDY 50th ANNIVERSARY OF ASSASSINATION MEMORIAL
TRIBUTE (FULL VERSION)

I've been a lyricist/songwriter all my life, having the good fortune of working with a number of talented and gifted artists over the past 30+ years. The songwriting credit I'm most proud of is providing the words for "Shadowland", a song co-written with Graham Nash and Joe Vitale that appeared on Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young's first reunion album, "American Dream", certified platinum in 1989.

I was hoping someone might connect with this song and visual production in some way. Unfortunately, these days many young people aren't fully aware of the lasting effect President Kennedy's assassination and the conspiracy behind it has had on our country and the world over the past fifty years. As the saying goes, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it". I think it's critical for our future that this moment from our nation's history is never swept under the carpet of the changing times. We owe that much to our children, our children's children and the future generations that are here long after we are gone..

Kind regards,

Rick Ryan

The history of the Unites States is vast and complicated. It's like the blind man's view of an elephant. A skilled screen writer could cherry pick real incidents of savagery and intolerance and portray the United States as a savage intolerant Nation. Other screen writers could focus on the incredible vision of the Founding Fathers who created a Nation of the people and for the people. The John Adams series comes to mind. If a screen writer only has two or three or a hundred hours to make a buck off the History of the United States he has a lot of leeway but the big mistake is taking his word for it.

Stone's patriotism being questioned by people whose military adventures are mostly at Cineplexes is hilarious.

Don't let me interrupt.

Forum List

Back