Oliver Stones Retold History of the US

I've seen 3 episodes so far and I like it! I wouldn't call it Anti-American but there is always a History you've been told, and a History that is hidden or not pushed by mass media.

See, I view "The Truth" as being very American, and I think any info that helps people get to the truth is very American.

The part that really stuck with me was the fact that Henry Wallace was voted out as Roosevelt's Veep in 1944 and had Wallace been sworn in as President after Roosevelt passed away in 1945 the US might have been a completely different place. And it was done for reasons everyone should check out for themselves.

Is that "revisionist" or "false" history that it really happened?

Am I a Lefty/Communist now for merely knowing it and understanding it?

Oliver Stone is brilliant, whether you agree with him or not. His movie, "JFK", is as close to the TRUTH about the JFK assassination as anybody will probably ever get.

"The Doors" was brilliant. "Born On The 4th Of July" was garbage.

I don't always like his movies, but I admire his passion.

Oliver Stone is brilliant, whether you agree with him or not. His movie, "JFK", is as close to the TRUTH about the JFK assassination as anybody will probably ever get.

The ironically named Truthseeker.

stone is an imbecile. clueless twelve year olds would find him fascinating though

Even though I'm closer to his politics than I was five years ago, I've never thought Stone was a good director. Even when he isn't doing political stuff, his camera work and blocking and pacing are so awful they are a distraction.

JFK repeats a lot of myths about the JFK assassintion and serves them up as a stew for conspiracy nuts. BUt like all conspiracies, (UFOs, Waco, 9/11, where Obama was actually born), you really can't argue facts with conspiracy nuts.

The ultimate sign he's an awful director... He did that movie Alexander, which had a sex scene with Rosario Dawson, and it was boring.

How can you shoot a sex scene with THIS WOMAN and make it boring?

rosario_dawson_01.jpg

Stones JFK was what turned me off on him while it was a very slick well made movie I have seen many interviews over the years with people who knew the main players and they all say the movie was more fantasy than fact especially the portrayal of Jim Garrison who many who knew him describe as a manipulative politically ambitious a-hole not the noble courageous character he was made out to be in the movie.

It's a progressive adolescents communist wet dream......Chomsky/Zinn style. it's all so revolutionary anti American !!!

Morons like you who argue with others who take Stone seriously as a historian need a lobotomy. You are all cut from the same cloth. Most normal people know Stone makes movies, not historical documentaries

Stones JFK was what turned me off on him while it was a very slick well made movie I have seen many interviews over the years with people who knew the main players and they all say the movie was more fantasy than fact especially the portrayal of Jim Garrison who many who knew him describe as a manipulative politically ambitious a-hole not the noble courageous character he was made out to be in the movie.

I read books about Garrison way back in the 1970s. Even back then, no one claimed teh man had any credibility. General agreement was he was a disturbed individual who happened to hold a public office.

I read books about Garrison way back in the 1970s. Even back then, no one claimed teh man had any credibility. General agreement was he was a disturbed individual who happened to hold a public office.
That is pretty much what I have heard.

People would tell me I had to see the movie to know what Stone was talking about...having been a bookworm as a kid...even with sex drugs and alcohol...I knew as much as Stone if not more. Kennedy stuff was huge in the Boston area back then.

Stone is a creepy feller who makes very few movies I appreciate, but the public likes his stuff.

go figure.

and Lee Oswald was a lone shooter

People would tell me I had to see the movie to know what Stone was talking about...having been a bookworm as a kid...even with sex drugs and alcohol...I knew as much as Stone if not more. Kennedy stuff was huge in the Boston area back then.

Stone is a creepy feller who makes very few movies I appreciate, but the public likes his stuff.

go figure.

and Lee Oswald was a lone shooter

Believe me I understand this will be one of the rare things we will agree on having grown up and lived in Dallas my entire life you get a lot on JFK and the assassination though not as much now as we did when I was growing up for many year's during the month of November you couldn't escape it.

It's a progressive adolescents communist wet dream......Chomsky/Zinn style. it's all so revolutionary anti American !!!

Morons like you who argue with others who take Stone seriously as a historian need a lobotomy. You are all cut from the same cloth. Most normal people know Stone makes movies, not historical documentaries

Stones ten part documentary certainly is fictitious and conspiratorial. Just like his films.

I haven't seen it but watch for the liberal lean. Most sweeping documentaries are factual but they don't have the space to tell the whole story. Depending on the subjects they can bend a few facts, ignore a few facts and promote whatever they want to promote. God knows America has made more than a few mistakes in the 19th and 20th century to become the only super power left on the earth and it's easy to make a buck if you are skilled enough at pointing out the bad and ignoring the good.

Forum List

Back