CDZ Oliver North? Really? What made him the right choice?

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
His name is popping up again with the NRA in the papers. He seems an odd choice but my recall on Oliver may be 30 years old.

Do understand right that Oliver is a convicted felon who had his conviction overturned on a technicality about contaminated witnesses?

He was involved in a deal that traded arms for hostages wasn't he? Seems much like that Obama deal where "freed assets" er money was traded for hostages. I guess if the arms thing doesn't matter the freed assets thing doesn't matter.

Did Oliver do anything else to be famous? I mean I dabble in/on Conservapedia and I can't find much. Its almost like they prefer to think he doesn't exist.

It's insane, putting ethically challenged folks in seats of power.

Did Ollie crap his pants to avoid the draft? I thought that was a prerequsite for NRA leadership.

I don't get the recent attraction to Oliver North. I guess we are all supposed to pretend he has no history.

Maybe it was a better gig than the Surreal Life.

Ollie is a true American hero who obeyed orders and did what he could to overturn a corrupt regime at the behest of his president. He has always shown us the truth of the military and is an outstanding individual to lead the most important pro-Second Amendment organization in this country.

Ollie is a true American hero who obeyed orders and did what he could to overturn a corrupt regime at the behest of his president. He has always shown us the truth of the military and is an outstanding individual to lead the most important pro-Second Amendment organization in this country.

People at the death camps did what they were told too. Ollie is a criminal.

His name is popping up again with the NRA in the papers. He seems an odd choice but my recall on Oliver may be 30 years old.

Do understand right that Oliver is a convicted felon who had his conviction overturned on a technicality about contaminated witnesses?

He was involved in a deal that traded arms for hostages wasn't he? Seems much like that Obama deal where "freed assets" er money was traded for hostages. I guess if the arms thing doesn't matter the freed assets thing doesn't matter.

Did Oliver do anything else to be famous? I mean I dabble in/on Conservapedia and I can't find much. Its almost like they prefer to think he doesn't exist.
The goal is to flood the streets with more legal and illegal guns. He’s perfect for the job.

I don't know what the NRA board is thinking, or even whether they are thinking at all. There must be some kind of nepotism involved in this. North is an idiot. And he is a very poor choice for any public job.

I don't know what the NRA board is thinking, or even whether they are thinking at all. There must be some kind of nepotism involved in this. North is an idiot. And he is a very poor choice for any public job.
To be fair, it’s not like heading the NRA carries with it even a little prestige.

Was his oath to the President (er dictator) or the Constitution?

To be fair, it’s not like heading the NRA carries with it even a little prestige.

I THINK the job could be a real positive thing for the right fellow. Mr. North is an interesting choice and one as a hypocrite basher I'll enjoy for decades. Sometimes I wonder about what type of group of people would pick him though. The next step is to see who I know that thinks he is a hero for going against the law of the land/Constitution. Probably a bunch of more liberal types who only think laws are to be followed only when they are convenient to your goals.

Not that I don't think you need to protest and maybe break a few laws every so often to maybe free the slaves, or something. Then again I'm a military loving, death penalty supporting fellow most conservatives would call a liberal (and many liberals think I'm a by the book conservative fellow).

My narcissism makes me think I could head the NRA well as I believe folks generally have a right to own guns but I admit something is wrong with a good number of citizens but I have only spit ball quality ideas what to do about it.

Ollie is a conservative.

He went against the Constitution and his Oath to it.

If had been elected to the US Senate from VA, I would wonder when he was being sworn in, if he was swearing as he did in the Congressional hearing.

Ollis is all that is wrong with consveratism.

Forum List

Back