Olive Garden backtracked

How easily the libs are fooled. Darden won't reduce any full time workers to part time, they just won't hire any more full time workers.

Nice job libs. Ya did it again.

Once again good intentions pave the way to hell.
Libs have this mental block. They cannot grasp the concept of the law of unintended consequences.

How easily the libs are fooled. Darden won't reduce any full time workers to part time, they just won't hire any more full time workers.

Nice job libs. Ya did it again.

Yawn. Then they won't expand their business, and things will be exactly as they were before, just w/out the hyperbolic bluster.

Learn a little something about business before you try and spout off, dipshit.

Liberals are easily amused by taking form over substance. That's why they are called useful idiots. Having "won" they are free to move on, no matter what disaster they leave behind.

Looks like more and more we need a Government option for healthcare

Any company which has a 50% turnover of employees has a lot more problems that healthcare.

I guess y'all missed this part of the story:

"....Beyond health care costs, Darden has made cutting labor costs a priority in recent years. In the most recent fiscal quarter, the company's restaurant labor costs were 31 percent of sales. That's down from 33 percent three years ago. The reduction has been driven by several measures.

Last year, for example, the company put workers on a "tip sharing" program, meaning waiters and waitresses share their tips with busboys, bartenders and other employees. This allows Darden to pay more workers a far lower "tip credit wage," rather than the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour. Servers at Red Lobster also now handle four tables at a time, instead of three...."

No wonder people quit.

See? It's never cut and dried. All this ballyhoo about businesses cutting back over Obamacare is really all about corporate greed. It's not that they CAN'T afford healthcare for their workers, it's that they don't want to because it might cut into profit.

There's nothing wrong a company making a profit. Heck, they have to. But, we've gotten to the point that we no longer expect a company to have a corporate morality or conscience, no longer expect them to consider the welfare of their employees or the good of the nation as a whole. We allow them screw, blue and tattoo anybody they want to maximize profit.

No, THAT is not a good thing and I for one feel little sympathy for them. They'll still make a profit, even if they're forced to provide healthcare. It just won't be AS MUCH.

Olive Garden owner to hold off on worker changes - Yahoo! Finance

People were pissed. Hell, I figured the people it bothered couldn't eat there anyways. OG does not take EBT cards lol
NEW YORK (AP) -- The owner of Olive Garden and Red Lobster says it won't bump any full-time workers down to part-time status, after its tests aimed at limiting health care costs resulted in a publicity backlash that took a bite out of sales.

That's what happens when your restaurant business is based on advertising and reputation instead of good food. Eventually you'll piss of the sheep that flock to your doors and they'll move on to the next big chain rage.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
i like italian food so i never eat at olive garden

Why waste money on the Olive Garden when you got the chef?

product_lockup.png

It was never anything more than political posturing anyway. How funny that their business took a hit.

Any company which has a 50% turnover of employees has a lot more problems that healthcare.

I guess y'all missed this part of the story:

"....Beyond health care costs, Darden has made cutting labor costs a priority in recent years. In the most recent fiscal quarter, the company's restaurant labor costs were 31 percent of sales. That's down from 33 percent three years ago. The reduction has been driven by several measures.

Last year, for example, the company put workers on a "tip sharing" program, meaning waiters and waitresses share their tips with busboys, bartenders and other employees. This allows Darden to pay more workers a far lower "tip credit wage," rather than the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour. Servers at Red Lobster also now handle four tables at a time, instead of three...."

No wonder people quit.

See? It's never cut and dried. All this ballyhoo about businesses cutting back over Obamacare is really all about corporate greed. It's not that they CAN'T afford healthcare for their workers, it's that they don't want to because it might cut into profit.

There's nothing wrong a company making a profit. Heck, they have to. But, we've gotten to the point that we no longer expect a company to have a corporate morality or conscience, no longer expect them to consider the welfare of their employees or the good of the nation as a whole. We allow them screw, blue and tattoo anybody they want to maximize profit.

No, THAT is not a good thing and I for one feel little sympathy for them. They'll still make a profit, even if they're forced to provide healthcare. It just won't be AS MUCH.

Being a server at Red Lobster was never supposed to be a life time career.

Olive Garden owner to hold off on worker changes - Yahoo! Finance

People were pissed. Hell, I figured the people it bothered couldn't eat there anyways. OG does not take EBT cards lol
NEW YORK (AP) -- The owner of Olive Garden and Red Lobster says it won't bump any full-time workers down to part-time status, after its tests aimed at limiting health care costs resulted in a publicity backlash that took a bite out of sales.

That's what happens when your restaurant business is based on advertising and reputation instead of good food. Eventually you'll piss of the sheep that flock to your doors and they'll move on to the next big chain rage.

Amazing....You people cannot stand the fact the there are business owners that are finding ways around Obama care. Before this and other stories like this one came out, you ignored these businesses. Now because they are defying the Chosen One, those businesses are now scum of the Earth.
Proving further that liberals do everything in the name of politics.

Forum List

Back