Olive Branch Operation

2qu29ld.jpg

Syrian forces artillerized Turkish troops after they attacked a humanitarian aid convoy.

This seems to be the (new) goal of the operation:
DWpzRKIX0AATxuF-551x516.jpg

28059342_2049735621982436_2832969958125594244_n-470x516.jpg

The ongoing conflict between Turkish-backed al-Qaeda and al-Qaeda could have an impact on the operation in Afrin.
Turkey does does not adhere to the nationwide 30 days ceasefire and continues to bomb YPG and send terrorists.

Erdogan can't handle his own damn country, what's he messing around in Syria for?
He´s creating a "buffer zone" in Syria´s north. Ultimately, he wants to include the areas into Turkey. While Erdogan gathered his terrorists from Idlib, he is deploying Turkish military de-escalation "observation" bases in Idlib to prevent Syrian attacks. This is also the reason why the elite Tiger forces were suddenly redeployed from Idlib to Damascus. In the future, there should be a massive storm in the north to drive the terrorist occupants and their Caliph of Ankara out. Unfortunately, there is little Russian support in this regard.

Erdogan can't handle his own damn country, what's he messing around in Syria for?
He´s creating a "buffer zone" in Syria´s north. Ultimately, he wants to include the areas into Turkey. While Erdogan gathered his terrorists from Idlib, he is deploying Turkish military de-escalation "observation" bases in Idlib to prevent Syrian attacks. This is also the reason why the elite Tiger forces were suddenly redeployed from Idlib to Damascus. In the future, there should be a massive storm in the north to drive the terrorist occupants and their Caliph of Ankara out. Unfortunately, there is little Russian support in this regard.

In other words: Erdogan wants to carve a "DMZ" out of Syria's side of the border. I wish Russia would back Syria up more. To me, right is right, and wrong is wrong. US should send word to Erdogan that if he keeps it up, he's on his own.

^I said "should"..it most likely will not happen like that. I've been following this 4-5 years now.

In other words: Erdogan wants to carve a "DMZ" out of Syria's side of the border. I wish Russia would back Syria up more. To me, right is right, and wrong is wrong. US should send word to Erdogan that if he keeps it up, he's on his own.

^I said "should"..it most likely will not happen like that. I've been following this 4-5 years now.
Yeah, both Russia and USA court for Erdogan and both know that he is going to switch the sides, when the situation changes.

More than 50 days on, NATO's second largest army is finally bringing its superior weight to bear in its attack on Afrin. Despite a slow start to Operation Olive Branch, Turkey has shown that its military remains an effective and powerful force
Turkey After Afrin

syria-afrin-turkey-march-2018.png

The Turkish airforce targets civilians in Afin to scare them away. At least 45 civilians died on Friday during the bombing of homes and a hospital. Although many remain recalcitrant, 150.000 have allegedly escaped the city since Wednesday. The number is by SOHR and exceeds Afrin´s population fivefold. Although not impossible because of refugees, it is likely that the number is just typical SOHR.

5-11-774x516.jpg

Very graphic: Turkish forces carry out massacre in Afrin city - video, pictures
150.000 Zivilisten seit Mittwoch aus Afrin geflüchtet

Last edited:

Forum List

Back