Oldest Mayan Calendar Unearthed

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Damn, looks like I have to start paying my bills again....... :mad:

The discovery of the oldest known Mayan calendar to date gives no hint that the world will end in December 2012 - a belief strongly held by 10 percent of the world's population.

Archaeologists in Gautemala have uncovered a small room in the Mayan ruins where ancient royal scribes wrote astronomical records on walls some 1,200 years ago. The walls used for writing astronomical records also revealed the oldest known astronomical tables from the Mayan period.

Researchers said that the Mayan calendar predicted a vast evolution of time, with December 2012 heralding a new calendar cycle called baktun.
Oldest Mayan Calendar Unearthed In Guatemala Slams 2012 ?Doomsday? Myth [PHOTOS & VIDEO] - International Business Times

So the rapture, armageddon, Ragnorok, apocalypse and the coming utopia are set to a new date?

But, I was making millions off of my rapture ready insurance policies--will the government come after me for selling them??

Granny says, "Dat's right - it says in Revelation inna Bible we all gonna die an' den Jesus gonna put dem lefty lib'rals inna place where the Devil gonna be pokin' `em inna butt with his pitchfork...
:eusa_shifty:
2012 Doomsday: It's not just Mayan claim
22 July`12 - Countless cultures predict end-time scenario this year
An author investigating ancient prophecies is again sounding the alarm about numerous predictions suggesting 2012 could be the beginning of the “end of the age” spoken of in the Holy Bible. Last year, WND reported on Tom Horn’s efforts to let everyone to know calendars besides the ancient Mayan one predict the demise of human civilization in 2012, and he claims a demonic plot bringing about the end date could be hiding in plain sight inside the U.S. Capitol. He’s now continuing his effort to publicize the matter with speeches across the nation, providing more possible clues into when apocalyptic prophesies of the Bible might be fulfilled with the “Second Coming” of Jesus to administer the kingdom of God on Earth.

In his latest book titled “Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope Is Here,” Horn sheds light on ancient non-biblical prophecies from St. Malachy concerning the Catholic Church, and provides evidence the next pope, the one following Benedict XVI, is to be the final pontiff before the return of Jesus. “As the legend goes,” says Horn, “Malachy experienced what is today considered a famous vision commonly called ‘The Prophecy of the Popes.’ The prophecy is a list of Latin verses predicting each of the Roman Catholic popes from Pope Celestine II to the final pope, ‘Peter the Roman,’ whose reign would end in the destruction of Rome.”

While the prophecy itself does not mention the year 2012, Horn says the Vatican’s Jesuit mathematician and codebreaker Rene Thibaut wrote 61 years ago it would be fulfilled in 2012, and he adds current events at the Vatican “certainly point to the soon fulfillment of this prophecy.” When translated from Latin to English, the final segment of the prophecy reads: “In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the City of Seven Hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people.”

Horn also points to 19th century collection titled “Lectures on the Revelation” by Rev. William J. Reid, pastor of First United Presbyterian Church in Pittsburgh, Pa., which were given over a period of time ending in March 1876. An excerpt from one of the lectures published in 1878 attempts to determine the official start of the papal system, combining both temporal and spiritual authority, and states: “If it began in the year 752, and if it is to continue for one thousand two hundred and sixty years, then it is to be destroyed in the year 2012.” “Keep in mind this was published in 1878!” exclaimed Horn. “What is it about this period of time we have entered? What is it about this period of time inaugurated in 2012 that has caught the attention of so many divergent traditions?”

MORE

Damn, looks like I have to start paying my bills again....... :mad:

The discovery of the oldest known Mayan calendar to date gives no hint that the world will end in December 2012 - a belief strongly held by 10 percent of the world's population.

Archaeologists in Gautemala have uncovered a small room in the Mayan ruins where ancient royal scribes wrote astronomical records on walls some 1,200 years ago. The walls used for writing astronomical records also revealed the oldest known astronomical tables from the Mayan period.

Researchers said that the Mayan calendar predicted a vast evolution of time, with December 2012 heralding a new calendar cycle called baktun.
Oldest Mayan Calendar Unearthed In Guatemala Slams 2012 ?Doomsday? Myth [PHOTOS & VIDEO] - International Business Times

You are not allowed to tell me it's fake until AFTER I pig out on Dec 12 2012. I pig out every day the world is going to end and I will continue doing so until the world actually does end....

Climate change did the Mayans in...
:eusa_eh:
New Evidence Links Mayan Collapse to Climate Change
November 08, 2012 - Scientists get finding after analyzing a natural mineral formation called a stalagmite from a cave in Belize
The ancient Mayan civilization, which developed a sophisticated culture in the Central American rainforests, vanished mysteriously a thousand years ago. Now, an international team of anthropologists, archeologists, chemists and climatologists says it has identified the cause of the Mayan collapse: climate change. To create a weather record for the past 2,000 years, the scientists analyzed a natural mineral formation called a stalagmite from a cave in Belize, using oxygen-isotope dating to determine how much rain fell on the region over the centuries. Stalagmites build up incrementally, like tree rings, as water drips through the cave ceiling, preserving an accurate climate record.

Mayan rulers commissioned stone monuments to record important events such as their rise to power, major battles, civic unrest and strategic alliances. Pennsylvania State University Anthropology professor Douglas Kennett, the study's co-author, says the team was able to compare changes in the society documented on those monuments with their new climate timeline. On a podcast for the journal Science, he said the team saw a relationship between rainfall levels and political stability. "The growth of Maya civilization and increases in population and levels of sophistication actually correlate with a very wet interval that spans several hundred years and the decline of the Maya actually appeared to correlate with a downturn generally in climate and climate drying," he said.

Abundant rainfall led to bumper crops and a population boom, but a climate reversal and drought triggered famine, political competition, increased warfare and eventually, the society's collapse. Scientists have long suspected that climate change played a role in the fall of the Mayan civilization, but the precise timeline - published in Science - provides them with new confidence in that connection. Kennett suggests their methodology could be used to increase understanding of the influence of climate on other ancient cultures that also have nearby cave systems.

Source

Forum List

Back