Old West Showdown Looming in Nevada

And you are probably giddy over it eh?

“This situation is simply outrageous,” Mrowka said. “It’s high time for the BLM to do its job and give the tortoises and the Gold Butte area the protection they need and are legally entitled to. As the tortoises emerge from their winter sleep, they are finding their much-needed food consumed by cattle.”

ROFL Those poor poor turtles!

“This situation is simply outrageous,” Mrowka said. “It’s high time for the BLM to do its job and give the tortoises and the Gold Butte area the protection they need and are legally entitled to. As the tortoises emerge from their winter sleep, they are finding their much-needed food consumed by cattle.”

Guess what shit-sucker, those turtles were there in 1877 and cattle has been grazing those lands since, and those turtles are still there.
Giddy, hell no! I feel bad for Clive. I've ATV'd on those lands, been chased by Clives cattle, and there is a shitload of water under those lands. That's the part the gov't and media doesn't tell you. It ain't about the tortoises. This just exemplifies how the Feds use conservationists for a resource grab.

According to the article it is already federal land, are you suggesting they are using trickery to grab land from themselves?

Bundy’s dispute with government dates to 1993, when his herd on the federally managed, 158,666-acre Bunkerville allotment was capped at 150 animals out of concern for the federally protected desert tortoise.

To protest the change, the rancher stopped paying his monthly grazing fees of about $2 per head but kept using the allotment, which included more than 10,486 acres of National Park Service land at the northern end of Lake Mead National Recreation Area.

“Why should I pay BLM to manage me out of business?” Bundy said Tuesday. “What I did is I fired the BLM.” In response, the bureau canceled Bundy’s grazing permit in 1994, but his livestock kept on living off the public land his family has used since 1877.

Sounds like he paid to use fed land for his cattle to graze, and when they capped his herd at 150 in 1993 because of environmental concerns he decided to stop paying and make threats.

Guess what shit-sucker, those turtles were there in 1877 and cattle has been grazing those lands since, and those turtles are still there.
Giddy, hell no! I feel bad for Clive. I've ATV'd on those lands, been chased by Clives cattle, and there is a shitload of water under those lands. That's the part the gov't and media doesn't tell you. It ain't about the tortoises. This just exemplifies how the Feds use conservationists for a resource grab.

I am on your side then. I thought you was against him and for the government...I agree with you 100%.

According to the article it is already federal land, are you suggesting they are using trickery to grab land from themselves?

Bundy’s dispute with government dates to 1993, when his herd on the federally managed, 158,666-acre Bunkerville allotment was capped at 150 animals out of concern for the federally protected desert tortoise.

To protest the change, the rancher stopped paying his monthly grazing fees of about $2 per head but kept using the allotment, which included more than 10,486 acres of National Park Service land at the northern end of Lake Mead National Recreation Area.

“Why should I pay BLM to manage me out of business?” Bundy said Tuesday. “What I did is I fired the BLM.” In response, the bureau canceled Bundy’s grazing permit in 1994, but his livestock kept on living off the public land his family has used since 1877.

Sounds like he paid to use fed land for his cattle to graze, and when they capped his herd at 150 in 1993 because of environmental concerns he decided to stop paying and make threats.

Feds let his family use it for well over 100 years, then re-designate it over some faux environmentalist concerns. Just an example of how environmentalists get the Fed to do their bidding when it is unwarranted on that basis alone.

Feds let his family use it for well over 100 years, then re-designate it over some faux environmentalist concerns. Just an example of how environmentalists get the Fed to do their bidding when it is unwarranted on that basis alone.

Just to be clear. Its not even his land and he stopped paying?

For the second time since 2012, the Clark County rancher has been served notice by federal authorities who plan to impound hundreds of cattle he left to roam on public land almost 20 years after the government told him to remove them.

The Bureau of Land Management’s impound notice took effect Monday and lasts until March 23, 2015. The agency expects to announce details of the proposed roundup today.

In an email to the Review-Journal, Kirsten Cannon, spokeswoman for the bureau in Southern Nevada, said the “illegal trespass cattle” can now be gathered “without further notice” from BLM and National Park Service land in the Gold Butte range, about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas.

“Tell them Bundy’s ready,” the rancher said by phone Tuesday from his home near Bunkerville. “Whenever they’ve got the guts to try it, tell them to come.”

The guys a fucking retard. I hope they shoot him Waco style.

Last edited:

For the second time since 2012, the Clark County rancher has been served notice by federal authorities who plan to impound hundreds of cattle he left to roam on public land almost 20 years after the government told him to remove them.

The Bureau of Land Management’s impound notice took effect Monday and lasts until March 23, 2015. The agency expects to announce details of the proposed roundup today.

In an email to the Review-Journal, Kirsten Cannon, spokeswoman for the bureau in Southern Nevada, said the “illegal trespass cattle” can now be gathered “without further notice” from BLM and National Park Service land in the Gold Butte range, about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas.

“Tell them Bundy’s ready,” the rancher said by phone Tuesday from his home near Bunkerville. “Whenever they’ve got the guts to try it, tell them to come.”

Yeah. He stopped paying to protest the cattle cap the BLM put on him.

Why was he protesting when it was not his land to make decisions about?

That isn't how it works.

If he stopped paying rent to use land that isn't his, he should stop using it.

He needs to go buy some of his own and do whatever he wants with it.

Cowboy attitude? False sense of ownership? I dunno.
This is going to have no good outcome tho' and you're probably going to get your wish.

Why am I not surprised that you would advocate the killing of someone. And you claim the rightwingers are violent hatemongers:cuckoo::cuckoo:

That isn't how it works.

The problem with that, is the federal government controls over 80% of the land in Nevada.

Cowboy attitude? False sense of ownership? I dunno.
This is going to have no good outcome tho' and you're probably going to get your wish.

Actually I don't really wish he gets shot to be truthful. Maybe they can tranquilize his ass and avoid any violence.

Why am I not surprised that you would advocate the killing of someone. And you claim the rightwingers are violent hatemongers:cuckoo::cuckoo:

I do?

That isn't how it works.

The problem with that, is the federal government controls over 80% of the land in Nevada.

Bundy believes the state owns the land and not the Feds.

Bundy Ranch

I read the OP but didn't go to the link, so let me ask the obvious question...

Does he own the land?

Nope. The issue isn't over land ownership, but free grazing rights. He is the last cattle rancher in Clark Co..

Free grazing rights???

Sounds like he's looking for a government handout to me.

I should've said just grazing rights. Nothings free. BLM doesn't charge much to graze cattle on public lands, so it's more of a subsidization then a total gov't handout.

Forum List

Back