Old tv sitcoms from the 60s … 70s… 80s which were your favorite

Ah...The Time Tunnel. And loved Star Trek even though the others were later, I loved those too and watch as I can on DVD, On Demand or Amazon Prime. I guess for an old lady I'm a Sci Fi junky. I even like some of the newer anime that has to do with outer space.

NOT Sitcoms
She was just referring & responding to my profile picture of the Time Tunnel.
Star Trek today could be sometimes classified as a space sitcom, Corny dialogue, acting, sets, and the time they went to a planet based on prohibition era Chicago mob behavior and speach was surely situational comedy.

Some Star Trek writing was better than others. Same can be said for Twilight Zone

As a rule, if a show from the 60s, 70s and 80s had a laugh track, it is probably a Sitcom

Did you ever watch Hogan's Heroes?

50s
Honeymooners
I Love Lucy
Leave it to Beaver

60s
Andy Griffith
Get Smart
Green Acres

70s
All in the Family
MASH
Taxi
Bob Newhart

80s
Cosby
Cheers
The Wonder Years

Wonder years? Really?

Great show....those were the years I grew up in and they nailed it. Good writing and Kevins brother reminded me of my own. Good depiction of kids and Winnie Cooper was hot

Ah...The Time Tunnel. And loved Star Trek even though the others were later, I loved those too and watch as I can on DVD, On Demand or Amazon Prime. I guess for an old lady I'm a Sci Fi junky. I even like some of the newer anime that has to do with outer space.

NOT Sitcoms
Star Trek today could be sometimes classified as a space sitcom, Corny dialogue, acting, sets, and the time they went to a planet based on prohibition era Chicago mob behavior and speach was surely situational comedy.

Some Star Trek writing was better than others. Same can be said for Twilight Zone

As a rule, if a show from the 60s, 70s and 80s had a laugh track, it is probably a Sitcom

I loved Hogan's Heroes as a kid. But when Bob Crane was murdered, it all came out what a creepy asshole pervert he was. I just couldn't look at Col Hogan the same

50s
Honeymooners
I Love Lucy
Leave it to Beaver

60s
Andy Griffith
Get Smart
Green Acres

70s
All in the Family
MASH
Taxi
Bob Newhart

80s
Cosby
Cheers
The Wonder Years

Wonder years? Really?

Great show....those were the years I grew up in and they nailed it. Good writing and Kevins brother reminded me of my own. Good depiction of kids and Winnie Cooper was hot

Okay but if you’re picking out comedies from the 1980’s and putting together a Mt. Rushmore type of of edifice, I can see Bill Cosby, Sam Malone, not Fred Savage… Maybe that irritating (I found her to be) Bea Arthur from Golden Girls or Alex Keaton from Family ties….

The prism you have is different than mine I suppose. Just struck me as strange.

NOT Sitcoms

I loved Hogan's Heroes as a kid. But when Bob Crane was murdered, it all came out what a creepy asshole pervert he was. I just couldn't look at Col Hogan the same

The reason I ask is this; do you remember one episode where the Germans won? I seem to recall it but when I catch it from time to time; I never run across it.

50s
Honeymooners
I Love Lucy
Leave it to Beaver

60s
Andy Griffith
Get Smart
Green Acres

70s
All in the Family
MASH
Taxi
Bob Newhart

80s
Cosby
Cheers
The Wonder Years

Wonder years? Really?

Okay but if you’re picking out comedies from the 1980’s and putting together a Mt. Rushmore type of of edifice, I can see Bill Cosby, Sam Malone, not Fred Savage… Maybe that irritating (I found her to be) Bea Arthur from Golden Girls or Alex Keaton from Family ties….

I never liked Golden Girls and Family Ties was..OK
I still think after 30 years, Wonder Years holds up.

In watching Cosby, it has lost its luster. Watching Bill Cosby is like watching Charles Manson. Hard to laugh at the creep. He is no longer the perfect father

NOT Sitcoms

The reason I ask is this; do you remember one episode where the Germans won? I seem to recall it but when I catch it from time to time; I never run across it.
Don't remember the Germans ever winning on that show

I also like 'all in the family'. I grew up watching that. It was one of my parents favorite shows.

50s
Honeymooners
I Love Lucy
Leave it to Beaver

60s
Andy Griffith
Get Smart
Green Acres

70s
All in the Family
MASH
Taxi
Bob Newhart

80s
Cosby
Cheers
The Wonder Years

Wonder years? Really?

I never liked Golden Girls and Family Ties was..OK
I still think after 30 years, Wonder Years holds up.

In watching Cosby, it has lost its luster. Watching Bill Cosby is like watching Charles Manson. Hard to laugh at the creep. He is no longer the perfect father

Agreed...hated GG but was forced to watch it. You're right about Cosby.

Don't remember the Germans ever winning on that show

Maybe I dreamed it.

Forum List

Back