Old Testament Question?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
After Cain killed Abel, did he start porking his mom? It had to be either him or Adam and I've never heard of any other children from Adam apart from these two sons. Does the OT explain this at all or is it just kind of ignored?

:eusa_think:

Last edited:
After Kane killed Abel, did he start porking his mom? It had to be either him or Adam and I've never heard of any other children from Adam apart from these two sons. Does the OT explain this at all or is it just kind of ignored?

:eusa_think:
What about that Lilith woman?

Lillith is a Jewish myth, I don't think she's actually mentioned anywhere in the OT, though I could be wrong. I don't think she was completely human, either.

Cain and Abel had sisters, one presumes.

The Bible does not directly discuss others at all, but the obvious fact is there were others. Cain was cast out and went to live with others and unless we are the product of incest all the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve married others as well. Simple common sense.

Who was it whose daughters got him drunk because they wanted children and there was nobody around? Lot? Noah? I can't remember.....

The Bible does not directly discuss others at all, but the obvious fact is there were others. Cain was cast out and went to live with others and unless we are the product of incest all the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve married others as well. Simple common sense.

Obvious "fact?"

hmmm, maybe I shoulda voted for you in that poll.

I don't think there were others, RGS. I could be wrong, and I'm too embarassed to ask my pastor...but I don't think there were...not when it was Adam and Eve...

I don't think there were others, RGS. I could be wrong, and I'm too embarassed to ask my pastor...but I don't think there were...not when it was Adam and Eve...

That's my understanding too. We are all decendents of Adam and Eve, according to what I've been learned. I guess there was a grandfather clause in the whole incest is a sin thing.

Incest isn't in the 10 commandments.

It didn't become an issue until the Jews went into the wilderness, and needed laws to help them function. One of the laws was to avoid sexual relations with your mother, stepmother, brothers, sisters, fathers, etc. Before that, there weren't enough people for it to be any other way. Heck, the pharoahs line bred.

Incest isn't in the 10 commandments.

It didn't become an issue until the Jews went into the wilderness, and needed laws to help them function. One of the laws was to avoid sexual relations with your mother, stepmother, brothers, sisters, fathers, etc. Before that, there weren't enough people for it to be any other way. Heck, the pharoahs line bred.

So you're ok with incest?

have either of you ever heard of the word Nephilim?

if not, check it out.. THATS an interesting OT conundrum.

Maybe references to Nephilim are some kind of racial memory or passed-down lore to explain neanderthals :)

thats an interesting idea...

Or, maybe even some connection with the pantheon of ancient gods since they all screwed human women too.

Forum List

Back