Old soldiers never die

Bootneck

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2008
England
...they just fade away

Yesterday, the Normandy veterans marched down Whitehall to the Cenotaph to remember their fallen comrades. Sadly, it is the last time they will do this as the Normandy Veterans Association will organise no more memorial marches in London due to rapidly dwindling numbers and the advanced age of those still living.

It is testament to the courage and honour of these old soldiers who made the effort, even though painful for many, to come from all over Britain for a last formal farewell to their comrades who never returned.

Bless ‘em all. Heroes, every one of them. They shall not be forgotten.

Normandyvet.jpg

NormandyVeterans1.jpg
Cenotaph.jpg

My Dad was 85 a WWII Vet when he died on 1/2005.
I'm sure I'll die (Vietnam Vet) before I'm 85.

American society tried to kill me in Vietnam but failed.
I wish I could be like Jason from the Friday the 13th
movie series and get you guys back.

Payback sometimes is a bitch.

Baltimore Bob

Thank you for posting this story and photo. I have a tear in my eye. So many great heroes I will never know. God bless them all.

...they just fade away

Yesterday, the Normandy veterans marched down Whitehall to the Cenotaph to remember their fallen comrades. Sadly, it is the last time they will do this as the Normandy Veterans Association will organise no more memorial marches in London due to rapidly dwindling numbers and the advanced age of those still living.

It is testament to the courage and honour of these old soldiers who made the effort, even though painful for many, to come from all over Britain for a last formal farewell to their comrades who never returned.

Bless ‘em all. Heroes, every one of them. They shall not be forgotten.

Normandyvet.jpg

NormandyVeterans1.jpg
Cenotaph.jpg

I know you posted this in June Bootneck, but I just saw it!

God Bless them All! :thup:

Forum List

Back