Old movies

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
So I'm once again watching the Godfather. I've seen it many times. I've also read the book and the GF part 1 follows the book but the book is way way way expanded on the movie. Godfather part 2 and 3 aren't in the book except for a small part of part 2. The characters are expanded greatly too. I recommend reading the book if you like the movie, it will explain somethings to you. Anyway, old movies. They can make you go oh my gosh pretty easy! As I did when I saw the opening scenes of GF3.

godfather part 3.png

The Usual Suspects is pretty good. I started watching it again the other day but fell asleep half way through it.

For some reason I wasn't a fan of the Godfather movies.

• Banned
So I'm once again watching the Godfather. I've seen it many times. I've also read the book and the GF part 1 follows the book but the book is way way way expanded on the movie. Godfather part 2 and 3 aren't in the book except for a small part of part 2. The characters are expanded greatly too. I recommend reading the book if you like the movie, it will explain somethings to you. Anyway, old movies. They can make you go oh my gosh pretty easy! As I did when I saw the opening scenes of GF3.

View attachment 282734
I did, it was made a long time ago.

View attachment 282734
I did, it was made a long time ago.

When you had hair on your head and you could see your shoes, huh?

Lol

Twelve Angry Men, Citizen Kane, Touch of Evil, North by Northwest, Rear Window.

Some more well known, some hidden gems. All worth watching in my opinion. All released well before I was born.

• Banned
Looks like most of you have missed or ignored the point of this topic. For that, you are all awarded three demerits.

The Usual Suspects is pretty good. I started watching it again the other day but fell asleep half way through it.

For some reason I wasn't a fan of the Godfather movies.

The Usual Suspects is among my favorite crime films, that and God Father I and II, Goodfellas and the Departed.

Thin Man series, almost anything with Cary Grant, Myrna Loy, Clark Gable, James Cagney, Bowery Boys.

Many of the old gangster films. Many had serious drama but some had some comedy in them. Eddie G. ...in Brother Orchard was one.

"Suddenly". I mean that was the name, with Frank Sinatra as the bad guy...I never heard of this film before 2013. Which is weird in and of itself. Sinatra as a presidential assassin even. Predated the Manchurian candidate...

Last edited:
So many brilliant "film noir" movies out there, thanks to You Tube.

I know it's not that old but today I've watched the movie "Web of the Spider" with Anthony Franciosa and Klaus Kinski.
One of the best movies I've ever seen! :adoreheart:

I've never heard of that movie. I'll check it out.

Forum List

Back