Old Left Media Proves Palin Tops!

"...her idiotic religious fundamentalism,..."

And another of the hallmarks of what passes for thinking from the Left!

Funny how you made this comment on the same day as the new executive editor at The New York Times, Jill Abramson.

"That’s certainly the case with Jill Abramson’s suggestion on Thursday that her elevation to the position of executive editor at The New York Times amounted to a transfiguration and apotheosis, as well as the sacred fulfillment of the family faith that guided her childhood.

Not only did she compare her new appointment to “ascending to Valhalla,” but in the original versions of a Times report by Jeremy W. Peters, she flatly declared: “In my house growing up, The Times substituted for religion.”
Jill Abramson

The religion of the Left is Liberalism! No wonder you guys annointed Obama as the Messiah!

...you guys should check out Daniel 2:33

You don't think that believing the Earth is 6000 years old is 'idiotic'?

Then, please, put your wordsmithing talents to worthwhile use and tell me what word would more precisely describe that.

1. "You don't think that believing the Earth is 6000 years old is 'idiotic'?"
You don't think that believieving that Obama is a an emissary of the gods is idiotic?

2. "In 1997, a poll by the Gallup organization showed that 5% of US adults with professional degrees in science took a YEC [Young Earth Creation] view. I

You didn't answer the question.

Is the belief that the Earth is 6000 years old 'idiotic', and if not, what is the best word to describe it, in terms of how intelligent and informed a belief it is?

I say it fully qualifies as idiotic, given the facts available.

Since you disagree, apparently, give me a better description. No reason to dodge the question is there?

You don't think that believing the Earth is 6000 years old is 'idiotic'?

Then, please, put your wordsmithing talents to worthwhile use and tell me what word would more precisely describe that.

You don't think that believieving that Obama is a an emissary of the gods is idiotic?

2. "In 1997, a poll by the Gallup organization showed that 5% of US adults with professional degrees in science took a YEC [Young Earth Creation] view. I

Is the belief that the Earth is 6000 years old 'idiotic', and if not, what is the best word to describe it, in terms of how intelligent and informed a belief it is?

Since you disagree, apparently, give me a better description. No reason to dodge the question is there?

Waiting for your response to post #39...

My response is, why do you refuse to state your own opinion of the belief that the Earth is 6000 years old?

YOUR opinion.

My response is, why do you refuse to state your own opinion of the belief that the Earth is 6000 years old?

YOUR opinion.

I'm considering using your obsession with this '6000 year old' idea for a new OP.

But, I note that you have yet to admit that the idea of a thaumaturgic basis to your Obama cult as far worse than simply idiotic....

....waiting for your confession....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04aCp3ej-I]YouTube - ‪Cricket Chirping Sound Effects‬‏[/ame]

YOUR opinion.

I'm considering using your obsession with this '6000 year old' idea for a new OP.

But, I note that you have yet to admit that the idea of a thaumaturgic basis to your Obama cult as far worse than simply idiotic....

url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04aCp3ej-I]YouTube - ‪Cricket Chirping Sound Effects‬‏[/url]

It's pretty pathetic that you have to try to hijack your own thread to avoid dealing with the irrefutable fact that the belief in something that has been proven false is idiocy.

The emails add to the evidence that Palin WAS a moderate, she was a pragmatist who was very willing to work with Alaska Democrats. That's why she had an 80% approval rating in Alaska.

The new Palin is a fabrication of her own design when she realized the marketability of a rightwing stereotype.

Yes it is different. Palin is still a fundie.

So, how's that little temper tantrum working out for you? :lol:

I won the argument. I'm happy. No one was able to produce a gram of substantive evidence that the belief in the fiction of a 6000 year old Earth is, by definition, idiocy.
You are exactly right. No one has been able to produce such evidence. :lol:
In fact, no one even tried.
a_winner_is_you_1024.jpg

Last edited:

YOUR opinion.

url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04aCp3ej-I]YouTube - ‪Cricket Chirping Sound Effects‬‏[/url]

It's pretty pathetic that you have to try to hijack your own thread to avoid dealing with the irrefutable fact that the belief in something that has been proven false is idiocy.

The emails add to the evidence that Palin WAS a moderate, she was a pragmatist who was very willing to work with Alaska Democrats. That's why she had an 80% approval rating in Alaska.

The new Palin is a fabrication of her own design when she realized the marketability of a rightwing stereotype.

1. Seems your back is against the wall, huh?
You appear to be going downhill faster than the Haitian National Luge Team.
For obvious reasons you obsess on the canard that someone may or may not subscribe to the idea that the earth is but 6000 years old, but are afraid to entertain an answer to my query.
Why?
Let's hypothesize your premise, and assume that one with said belief becomes the President of the United States....
...what is the effect of said belief on policy?

A new law that all history books must memorialize this belief? Of course not, as the Constitution does not give the executive this power.

2. Having dispensed with your dissimulation, let us consider a real world myth that you and the other robots subscribed to...
...from the earlier post:

"You don't think that believieving that Obama is a an emissary of the gods is idiotic?

He claimed, at his nomination, that this would be “the moment when the rise of the oceans would begin to slow and our planet begin to heal.” Barack Obama’s victory speech, June 3, 2008 The day will come when we look back at this display of hubris and narcissism, and the complicity of the public which found him more popular than Jesus Christ, Martin Luther King, and Mother Teresa (January 2009 poll found in ‘Christianity Today,’ February 22, 2009) as astounding.

a. Susan Sarandon: ”He is a community organizer like Jesus was, and now we’re a community and he can organize us.” The Hill, January 21, 2009

b. David Cordero, 24, made the sculpture for his senior show after noticing all the attention Obama has received: "All of this is a response to what I've been witnessing and hearing, this idea that Barack is sort of a potential savior that might come and absolve the country of all its sins," Cordero said. Sculpture of Obama as Jesus causes stir - Politics - Decision '08 - Barack Obama News - msnbc.com

c. Samantha Fennell, formerly an associate publisher of Elle, wrote on the magazine’s website a month later: “When I attended my second “Obama Live” fund-raiser last week at New York City’s Grand Hyatt, . . . I was on my feet as Senator Obama entered the room. Fate had blessed me in this moment. . . . In a moment of divine intervention, he saw me,…”

d. Evan Thomas, a Newsweek editor, on the show Hardball with Chris Matthews last June: …”Obama is standing above the country, above the world. He’s sort of God.”

e. The deifications and hagiologies were particularly overt in the remarks of prominent black figures. Filmmaker Spike Lee, predicting an Obama victory, implicitly compared the candidate with Christ: “You’ll have to measure time by ‘Before Obama’ and ‘After Obama.’ . . .

f. Jesse Jackson, Jr. called Obama’s securing the Democratic nomination “so extraordinary that another chapter could be added to the Bible to chronicle its significance.”

3. Documented so that you cannot claim it never happened, you and the other witless-warriors actually put forth said hagiographic mythology! And I'll take you guys at your word: you actually believed it!
Now admit it: as events have unfolded, it was certainly - your word- 'idiocy.'

And, worse, the idiocy sentenced this great nation to the ills that have befallen us for lo these two plus years!

4. Where is your apology?
Where is the mea culpa?
How will you make amends?

I'll make it easy on you: admit how wrong your were to put this empty suit in office, and commit to one thousand hours of community service.

5. Three courses remain for you: a) Man up and admit that everything that I have said is correct.
b) Respond not...and thereby tacitly admit that I am correct...and you can slink off with your tail between you legs.
c) Find an error in my premise, i.e., that the real idiocy was believing in Barack Hussein Obama (peace be upon him).

Remember, it is difficult moments like this when character is revealed.

palin is a an idiot. Anybody that is honest, will admit that. She gave the GOP a losing boost. It didn't work, folks, We've been playing ketchup ever since. Can we please stop latching on to these losers, the TP sinking express, and come up with a real winning platform to win back the indy's?

Forum List

Back