Old Lady Ruins Valuable Artwork

Noomi

Ninja Kicker
Jul 6, 2012
Australia
When you see it, its a total what-the-fuck-did-you-do moment. She didn't have permission to fix the painting, but she decided to anyway, thinking she could paint and restore this picture. But she fucked it up and had to call the authorities and show them what she had done.

If it can't be restored, I hope they charge her and make her pay for the damage. That will make her think twice about meddling in affairs that don't concern her.

Elderly woman ruins valuable artwork - Yahoo!7 News

Kinda like how kids back in the day put 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle rookies in their tire spokes...

That is just painful to think about.... Probably worse for them now considering they had a $100,000 card presently flapping through the spokes of their back tire when they were 10...

I went to a church art bazaar, and a little old lady was selling her own paintings. They were rubbish, but she had one very nice water colour that she obviously did not do. I instantly purchased it for a couple of pounds. Unfortunately she had completely ruined it by signing her own name on it in Biro.

Little old Lady's, what can you do?

I felt slight guilt by buying a good painting cheaply, but since she ruined it, it is worthless.

In one of those daytime court shows, a house sitter decided to redecorate a home she was "sitting" while the owners were away for an extended period of time.

She painted the walnut wainscotting, let her dog shit on a very valuable rug and replaced it with one just as good from Target, covered an imported stone wall with sheetrock and wanted to be reimbursed for all her improvements.

I bought this from a professional photographer today. 18x24 framed. I likes of it.

Attachments

• $photo.JPG
    $photo.JPG
    416.9 KB · Views: 90
In one of those daytime court shows, a house sitter decided to redecorate a home she was "sitting" while the owners were away for an extended period of time.

She painted the walnut wainscotting, let her dog shit on a very valuable rug and replaced it with one just as good from Target, covered an imported stone wall with sheetrock and wanted to be reimbursed for all her improvements.

I hope she was made to pay back the owners for the damage she did!

Kinda like how kids back in the day put 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle rookies in their tire spokes...

That is just painful to think about.... Probably worse for them now considering they had a $100,000 card presently flapping through the spokes of their back tire when they were 10...
I did the same thing with a Joe Namath card long ago. I'm pretty sure it was this one. If so I only lost $23.50! :D
Wild Bay LLC: Football

When I saw the title about the old lady... I thought it was another "she cannot obtain ID so she can vote" thread.

We used playing cards.

We used playing cards.

My aunt had a rare collection of Beatles records on 78's and as kids she caught us using them as frisbees.

She lost her mind that day:sad:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back